Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eNom club drop changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

It seems like enom has made some changes to their club drop for reseller accounts as well.

Hello,

I have a reseller account and today to my sudden surprise i lost an auction because the account kept on saying I am not a verified buyer, therefore I can not bid over $200 ?

I thought your policy states this is for retail accounts only!!! ?

Please confirm what is wrong here?

Thank you?

Hello,

We recently made a change on 11/3/2004 to include reseller subaccounts as well.
We apologize for the confusion. The 200 limit is cumulative, meaning if you have 5 domains that you are bidding on and each has 40 dollars each which totals 200 dollars, you will not be able to bid anymore.

Please contact us at 425.274.4500 to become a verified bidder.

Kim
Technical Support & Services
www.enom.com/help
ICANN Accredited Registrar

What is wrong with these people. Almost every week I win a domain from them? Would be nice if chris can shed some light on this!

Thank you

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adill420 said:
Hello,

It seems like enom has made some changes to their club drop for reseller accounts as well.

What is wrong with these people. Almost every week I win a domain from them? Would be nice if chris can shed some light on this!

Thank you

Same here, I use club drop every day, hav had my reseller account for maybe 3 years, and now that.

Synozeer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same happened with me. I lost an auction that I was trying to bid on because of this. It had 7 minutes left when I made my first bid and I got that $200 message. Called Enom, got them on the phone before it ended, but they told me it takes several hours for them to change my account status since I need to sign and fax a form to them and then wait for it to be approved.

Doesn't make sense since I've got a reseller account and I've already spent over $5,000 with Enom.

-Adam

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many fraudulent transactions are with verified credit cards that can be stolen or charged back for no reason. Also, many fraudulent bids were coming in from long-standing reseller accounts because there was no disincentive to that kind of bidding.

The outcry to put limits and verifications on Club Drop have been coming in for months, many on this board. So we listened and instituted these changes to stop the fraudulent bidding.

Which would you rather have: verifications like these, or rampant fraudulent bidding driving the prices of the domains through the roof based on fake bids?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree it is a smart move.
However, faxing, signing etc... is overkill.
somekind of online assesment might have been better, like looking at past history, amount of domains owned, If they ever had a single non payment on a drop..etc...

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea, the move is good but would've been nice to get an advanced notice lol..I woke up early and was ready to bid..saved money for a while and next thing you know i couldn't bid :( Anyhow, Chris one more question..like you know what about for resellers that have bid in the past and have paid for the domains..would be nice to setup a system where past clients that have paid are verified..Just a thought..I will call you guys to start the process I guess.

Thanks

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I finally got my account authorized today!

hifi2

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chris, am I correct in assuming that if one has kept a clean history of bidding and winning domains of value higher than a certain threshold then there's no need to call? I seem to be able to bid more than $200 without making any call.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a clean history, thousand of domains at Enom, NEVER skipped on a club drop payment, and I use CD daily.
I'd like to know the same thing, since in the past week since this happened, I havent bid over 200.
This would be great to know!

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cambler said:
Many fraudulent transactions are with verified credit cards that can be stolen or charged back for no reason. Also, many fraudulent bids were coming in from long-standing reseller accounts because there was no disincentive to that kind of bidding.

The outcry to put limits and verifications on Club Drop have been coming in for months, many on this board. So we listened and instituted these changes to stop the fraudulent bidding.

Which would you rather have: verifications like these, or rampant fraudulent bidding driving the prices of the domains through the roof based on fake bids?

Chris, it was a good decision to verify bidders but the way they instituted it was suprisingly stupid.
I went to bid on a name on Saturday and got the $200 message. I was on my way out with my kids and didnt have time to take the steps to verify my account.

Had I been told via email or even better a message on my account homepage it would have made things a lot easier.

John

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to the notification issue, as that's well outside of my area. What I can speak towards is the fact that we've spent a lot of time thinking about the issue because of the comments by a lot of you, and we truly want to get rid of fraud - because it hurts honest bidders as much as it hurts us.

I don't know how it was determined who was validated outside of calling, but if you intend to bid more than the $200 limit, why not just make a call and make sure?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok....

this is Athens calling.
Waiting on line is kind of expensive :)

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The wait is only about 7 - 10 minutes :)
Once you fax/email back to them the account is changed to verified right away which was nice.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is a good measure IMO, as I was caught by surprise, but spoke to CS via phone and got an extention on my time limit, until I could fax the documents!

great customer service!!!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jeez, another thign to do tomorrow :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom