Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom: Incompetent Beyond Belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Customer
Matt
12/14/2006 3:59 PM
Change my nameservers for the domain XXXX.com to:

NS301.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM
NS302.WEBSITEWELCOME.COM

I get this error when I try do it myself:

Nameservers for XXXX.com cannot be registered

It seems like every time I go to do something with my domains I need to ask support to fix something in your buggy system. Very annoying.

ONE WEEK LATER...

Agent
N. Brendan
12/21/2006 2:48 PM

Hello Matt,

The domain name WEBSITEWELCOME.COM is not registered with us and consequently you cannot add the nameservers.

Regards,

Brendan
Technical Support Team
www.enom.com/help

Domain Days 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's a bug.
I have just acquired a domain at Enom and tried to change the name servers:

primary: NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM
secondary: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM

Didn't work.
I Got a similar message so I swapped the name servers and it worked with the NS in reverse order :rolleyes:

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty funny. I wonder if Brendan is real or not.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they got too big too fast, i cant even begin to elaborate on the issues ive had with enom.. I've lost at least 7 domains the past year because i didnt keep on them when crap happened. They even had the balls to resell my accidently dropped domains (they dropped cuz of issues transferring out). As an added kick in the butt to them, ive refused purchasing domains and doing business with 'some' people associated with them. The only people I'll do biz with who deal with enom are people who i already respect and have previous biz with. I know I'm just another guy wth a mountain of domains, but I never forget, and never give up an opportunity to say my peace. I'll be their gremlin for a few decades, I'll spend ten times what i lost at any opportunity to cause them the loss's I feel they deserve.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK... WHAT THE FUK!?

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your reply. You can log into your account and make the changes to the nameservers. These changes can be done in the DNS setting section of the domain overview. Before you add nameservers to a domain name they should be registered nameservers. To register a nameserver, put your mouse on domains => then advance tools => then register a nameserver to register the nameserver.

We do not change or make updates in our clients accounts. You enter the changes yourself.

If by entering the nameserver you are having an error message, please let me know the error message. If not I will close this case.

Regards,

Brendan
Technical Support Team
www.enom.com/help

Someone please give me some advice on what to do, this person is driving me insane.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The first answer was wrong. The last one is correct.
You have to follow the instructions, register the nameservers (takes about 24 hours to resolve) then you can add them as valid nameservers for any domain on the Internet.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, I dont want to register new nameservers. I am just trying to update the ones a domain points to! The error message that it gives is confusing and makes it seem I am trying to register new ones.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well that should be straightforward then.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both the domain websitewelcome.com and its numerous name servers (it has a bunch) all appear to be registered correctly at the .com registry, and also show in Enom's own whois.

I wonder if Enom does a whois on the IP at the registry level because over 50 results are given for some of them (weird seeing multiple NSes on the same IP; something that wasn't permitted years ago) ... try updating dns using only ns302.websitewelcome.com and see if Enom accepts it.

Ron

rdenny1900

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, after reading this I am deciding against buying a domain that is currently registered at Enom. Thanks for the heads up on this mess....

Ron

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have 700+ domains with eNom. No problems.

shaolinmonk

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 13,000+ names with enom and WAS very happy with the domain management system and features (albeit their service has always been substandard) until about the time of the Bulk Register integration. Since then the platform has been slow, cumbersome, and prone to error messages. It's reached a point where i'd love to move, if only I could find a simple way to generate 13,000 authorization codes and input them automatically!!!

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if only I could find a simple way to generate 13,000 authorization codes and input them automatically!!!

Just a small block at a time, do it in groups.. i dont have that many names but I can only imagine the job it must be doing a transfer. Even moving hundreds, I would "every other day" move 10-25 at a time over a coffee. Have I said "Moniker Rocks" Today ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There are some glitches but the back-end manager is nothing close to being cumbersome. Perhaps your computer is a relic? Today's java applets and streaming require a little oomph from a fast CPU and ample RAM. I also use Firefox and have no trouble with the upgraded backend. Compare it to GoDaddy's horrible domain manager...

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BulkRegister.com was a dream - had all the features one expected, and ran rock-solid ... it just worked.

Since Enom swallowed BulkRegister the whole system is very unstable. Some features no longer exist, others work intermittently, and billing is a nightmare ...

BulkRegister charged the on-line credit card in batches every so many hours, which worked like a charm ...

Now since the enom takeover, they bill every single domain separately leading to very long credit card statement, and increased risk of billing problems for various reasons.

To make matters worse, there is a billing flaw with enom in which some IDNs and ccTLDs don't rebill at all - enom's system says the on-file credit card no good for those even though regular .coms, etc rebill fine with the same on-file card.

In short, enom is a mess ... only reason many aren't bailing is that their system works adequately enough of the time to make transferring out more of a hassle than it's worth ... but if enom ever raises rates substantially above the competition, they're going to see an exodus like never before; it would be the final straw for many enom customers looking for a reason to put in the effort of moving out thousands of domains.

Ron

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom is a great registrar.
As long as you don't have to wrestle with the trained monkeys from support team... or until decide to lock your account because they flagged you as a security risk :upset:
Too big to care it seems.

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Enom are a fine registrar...
Same as any other faceless corporate registrar..
But the arse has fallen out of their support recently. I waited 5 days recently for a reply to a ticket (Not a resolution to the ticket, just a reply)
I'm an ETP as well.. so I feel sorry for the guys who resell for other ETP's the support system must take weeks to have a ticket resolved :)
Only ETP's get direct support from Enom, so for tiered resellers, it must be a nightmare going up the tree for a support issue...

I'm not knocking Enom, I have yet to find a domain reseller solution to compete with them (and I've tried them all) but they need to get a grip of the support system..
Apart from shitty support, Enom are first rate for a domain reseller.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm a reseller, not an ETP and have direct support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom