Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom: Incompetent Beyond Belief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a good majority of my domains at Enom, and I am an ETP.
I have noticed that their site is not as stable as it used to be, and a lot more problems occur.
for example, when checking for domains with all extension, I get the occasional enom outage message.
Something has gone wrong with the interface, but overall, the support and Enom itself is still on top.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have a good majority of my domains at Enom, and I am an ETP.
I have noticed that their site is not as stable as it used to be, and a lot more problems occur.
for example, when checking for domains with all extension, I get the occasional enom outage message.
Something has gone wrong with the interface, but overall, the support and Enom itself is still on top.

hey Alex, long time no see :) Are you still using a Mac?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Theo!
using both PC and Mac now.
no problems login in.
:)

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have always liked enom. I have 400 names there and not yet had a problem with support or errors.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An update, the error is still not fixed, yet:

Hello Matt,

We're sorry you have experienced difficulties, we know this can be frustrating. However, we've checked into this issue, and it no longer appears to be a problem. Perhaps it was only a temporary error or you have already resolved it.

Please let us know if you continue to get errors or experience problems. I'll close this case tomorrow if we do not hear back from you.

Thank you for working with us!

Brendan
Technical Support Team
www.enom.com/help

The case was closed as I was on holiday, I just created a new one. This is absolutely un-fu*kin-believable!

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem using eNom to try and change the nameservers on a domain I acquired from a push from another eNom user.

It was an .info name and when I tried to change nameservers, it failed, with the same error message you received I believe. I then had an inactive .info name (according to Afilias WHOIS) as eNom had DELETED both of the old nameservers but failed to replace them with the new ones I asked eNom to update them to (which were both valid NS by the way).

I was stuck with an inactive .info domain and couldn't change the nameservers at all using eNom's web interface. It also failed when I put in new NS names.

I finally tried chagning to use eNom's default nameservers which worked the first time (and made the domain in www.info WHOIS active again). I tried to change back to my own nameservers and WHAMO! I got an inactive name with Afilias WHOIS with no nameservers showing on the domain WHOIS record. Now eNom won't let me change back to their default NS or my own NS, so I wrestled with it for about half an hour as I was planning to move the name out of eNom anyway, as soon as I changed the nameservers to my own. I just don't trust eNom for reliability with my domains anymore!

I did "trick" eNom system into placing their own default NS back on the WHOIS record to make the domain active again. I didn't want to risk putting in the domain transfer request if it had an inactive domain status. I now have an unusable domain (until I get it transferred over to Moniker where I will be able to change the nameservers).

Stay away from eNom is my advice, as this has happened to me with other domains I owned with them in the last month also (unable to change NS problem). I have observed that they appear to simply not have their systems working 100% of the time with 100% of the domains I have had with them. Forget their support.. you can wait for days and get a unsatisfactory response as this gentleman who started this thread did.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 13,000+ names with enom and WAS very happy with the domain management system and features (albeit their service has always been substandard) until about the time of the Bulk Register integration. Since then the platform has been slow, cumbersome, and prone to error messages. It's reached a point where i'd love to move, if only I could find a simple way to generate 13,000 authorization codes and input them automatically!!!

Give your login to Monte. He will stay up all night transfering your names.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yuck! I would not use enom if you paid me to. Moniker all the way... though I do have a good amount with GD since they started cleaning up there act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom