Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

I may be out $4000 at SnapNames! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It still sucks....but I guess it's better to be shot once instead of five times....:laser: OUCH!!!

sorry to hear they "steal" ripping ya but glad it's for less.

it's a lesson for us all and good to see how different companies deal with clients.

thanks for update

:yo:

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lesson learned only keep low limit cards with these online companies, upload money if you make a big purchase. Imagine all the little guys that got stung for 1 backorder, here, and there.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got burned couple of time and I removed all the backorders. Now Namejet keeps adding names to my list that I didn't even backorder.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't accept anything more than $10 per domain. Especially if these were all registered by moniker that belongs to the same company group.

Just a follow-up for anyone who's curious, they've offered to charge me $15 a domain for all 56 domains and credit the difference to my account rather than refund my credit card. This is not what I was hoping for, but it seems to be the best offer that they will make me and I seem to be low on options at this point.

I hope this can serve as a cautionary tale to anyone who uses SnapNames: make certain that you do not have any readily available domains in your pending deletion list as they're willing to auto-bill you $69 for a domain that you could have registered through Moniker for $9.59. Remember, I've had such domains on my list with them for much of the last 6 years without issue until this week.

I want to thanks everyone who took the time to read this thread and especially thank the people who posted and Adam for creating a video to draw attention to this issue.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least it shows they are willing to work with you. However, in their eyes since the credit was still made back to your account they still netted the profit as the full charge on your card will still be the full $3,800 correct?

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be accepting this "settlement" and I won't be doing any business with snapnames/moniker.

Its a shame considering this is still a relatively/close small industry.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
silentg said:
Now Namejet keeps adding names to my list that I didn't even backorder.
I thought It was only me.
I win names like "frefreeerred.org" like twice a month.
When I ask them they say , "yeah you backordered that name in february of 2008, at 4:30 pm.
I know they are lying because I only backorder domains between 1 and 3 am.
It used to be a lot worse like a few a day, but since they know I'm wise to their game, they only try it a few times a month.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One conclusion is to reduce the size of your lists at snapnames. And probably all backorder services.
If you are not closely monitoring it, then dont keep long lists there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators