Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Enom Trying to fraud me??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RottenPug

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We got an email today please note this is a preliminary email and am not saying at this time Enom is scamming us, but it sure looks this way.

They are claiming they accidently recently deposited funds of $100.00 into our account a few days ago, and since we spent some of it, they are going to lock our account if we dont pay up.

I have heard one other person say they got this same ordeal and I am wondering if its some sort of scam to at least piss us off or something because we have the $6.95 reseller account, I already have noticed
an amount of approximately $50.00 missing from our account. Since they stated this I gathered all my receipts, so now they even want $100.00 more.

Since they now jacked the 7.95 reseller accounts off the market, i'm trying to guess they might be wanted to rid the 6.95 market totally as well.

Anyone else get hit with this BS?

I would also like to state it's impossible to put exactly 100.00 into an account, 100.00 is the minimum deposit but there is a transaction fee
and there is no way you can deposit exact ammount to meet 100.00 evenly

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think they removed the ability to get a $6.95, or $7.95 account, they are both still available with the required deposits as far as I know, so I do not think they are "jacking" anything. Sounds like an error.

RottenPug

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also i want to ask about the domain transfer issue.
I pay $6.95 to transfer domains there, I am under the impression you get 1 year on domains added to the current expiry date. I notice many of the domains i transfered over 50% of them have had NO time added so I have to pay the fee again shortly on alot of these domains.

Is there a certain guideline I am missing, i have 250 more domains to transfer here that I wanted to, not sure what to do now with this bs....

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Fraud" is a serious word. I do think the issues suck (I haven't experienced them yet) but I think calling enom a "fraud" over a $50-$200 issue is pretty far from the truth.

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RottenPug said:
I would also like to state it's impossible to put exactly 100.00 into an account, 100.00 is the minimum deposit but there is a transaction fee
and there is no way you can deposit exact ammount to meet 100.00 evenly
Actually, If you send them a check for $100, you can avoid the (outrageous) transaction fee. I do this all the time. I want my $6.95 domains to cost $6.95. You can also send them a check for any amount less than $100.

RottenPug

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fraud is fraud, wheter its 25 cents or 2 million dollars

The fact is my account is missing some $45-55.00 and now they want to take $100.00 more

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have this much bitterness toward them, then why continue to use them?

I am sure if you called their customer support and asked them for the record showing the accidental $100.00 deposit, they will be happy to email it to you.

I think to call a company or individual a fraud, without first trying to resolve the matter with them, constitutes some sort of harrassment.

RottenPug said:

The fact is my account is missing some $45-55.00 and now they want to take $100.00 more

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RottenPug said:

Fraud is indeed fraud.

A mistake is also a mistake.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rotten.. it sure does sound like you got a problem but what do you expect from posting this in the forum? we can't exactly help or fix your little issue but guess who can.. enom! open up a support ticket with them and they will look into it, the support staff is polite and cooperative.. if indeed there was an error they will get to the bottom of it and of course compensate you, good luck!

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
rotten.. it sure does sound like you got a problem but what do you expect from posting this in the forum? we can't exactly help or fix your little issue but guess who can.. enom! open up a support ticket with them and they will look into it, the support staff is polite and cooperative.. if indeed there was an error they will get to the bottom of it and of course compensate you, good luck!
Absolutely! I have the good fortune of living just a few miles from eNom offices in Western Washington. I've had a chance to meet a few of the staff personally and can assure you they are not out to stiff you. But with over three million domain names under management, you can expect an occasional wart to develop.

This is especially true if you purchased your account without having to make the $6950 deposit. The folks who sell these accounts on eBay won't tell you they are sub accounts. The large deposit is in place to cover the anticipated customer service that comes along with all new accounts. About a year and a half ago, eNom prevented the formation of reseller sub accounts for anything less than $8.95. Since then, a few have discovered ways to thwart eNom's policies. Now it is pretty much impossible to create a $6.95 account without a deposit.

Nevertheless, eNom continues to provide service to these orphan accounts as best they can. ENom stands out as a registrar that takes extra steps to NOT compete with its resellers. That's why when you log on to their site for the first time, you see their $25 or $30 price. Reseller prices are provided only through request.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RottenPug said:
Also i want to ask about the domain transfer issue.
I pay $6.95 to transfer domains there, I am under the impression you get 1 year on domains added to the current expiry date. I notice many of the domains i transfered over 50% of them have had NO time added so I have to pay the fee again shortly on alot of these domains.

Is there a certain guideline I am missing, i have 250 more domains to transfer here that I wanted to, not sure what to do now with this bs....

Transfers USUALLY add a year, UNLESS you transfer immediately after renewing an expired name during the 45-day grace period. In other words, a name expires, is in the grace period, you renew it, and then transfer to a different registrar without waiting until what would have been the end of the 45-day grace period. The registry will automatically refund the renewal fee to the original registrar and deduct that year from the registration term. It is a policy that is supposed to protect registrars that allow the transfer of expired names. Since names are automatically renewed by the registry when they expire, and the registrar is automatically charged for the renewal, and only gets a refund if the domain name is deleted before the end of the grace period, and can't delete the name if it has been transferred to a different registrar.

The catch is that most registrars (I don't know of even one) will not pass the refund along to you, even though you paid for the year.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happend to me for 2 .info domains. It took me a lot of time to get the refund back.

M

mole

eNom has been pretty innocent of fraud all the years I accumulated a couple of hundred names with them. Maybe its just a bad hair day, but I agree, a ticket to customer support asking for evidence of that $100 credit mistake should solve this off the bat.

RottenPug

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe most of you should read posts clearly before you respond with your insults. I said that I had a friend who this happened to as well and he said he has heard of this problem from others, and I said that it was an initial contact and not an accusation. I was wondering if others have also had this happen to them as well. That was the point of the thread, if you have a problem with this thread then ignore it. I do not need your lip. Your wasting your breath.

BTW, I do have a case open with thim for over 72 hours now and no response. I'm worried that they are not going to reply and if I don't deposit funds in, they are going to close my 6.95 account which is what they stated in the email.

Transfers USUALLY add a year, UNLESS you transfer immediately after renewing an expired name during the 45-day grace period. In other words, a name expires, is in the grace period, you renew it, and then transfer to a different registrar without waiting until what would have been the end of the 45-day grace period. The registry will automatically refund the renewal fee to the original registrar and deduct that year from the registration term. It is a policy that is supposed to protect registrars that allow the transfer of expired names. Since names are automatically renewed by the registry when they expire, and the registrar is automatically charged for the renewal, and only gets a refund if the domain name is deleted before the end of the grace period, and can't delete the name if it has been transferred to a different registrar.

The catch is that most registrars (I don't know of even one) will not pass the refund along to you, even though you paid for the year.

Hrmph, thought the policy on that was you can't transfer the domain during the first 30-45 days whatever it is after registration. Sounded like this was to protect against credit card fraud or something.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RottenPug said:
Hrmph, thought the policy on that was you can't transfer the domain during the first 30-45 days whatever it is after registration. Sounded like this was to protect against credit card fraud or something.

There is a registry policy which prevents registrar transfer until 60 days after initial registration. But the deduction of a year only happens if a name has expired, then is renewed, and then is soon transferred to another registrar.

M

mole

RottenPug said:
Maybe most of you should read posts clearly before you respond with your insults. I said that I had a friend who this happened to as well and he said he has heard of this problem from others, and I said that it was an initial contact and not an accusation.

BS. If you chose to publicly accuse with strong words, then be prepared to get bitten. Why don't you just sue eNom and take your business somewhere else. I think they would appreciate the gesture more. Some customers they would rather send to Godaddy.

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Internal eNom memo:
Just to let all of you know…

There was a check mailed to our lockbox, with a login that was legible, but messy written on remittance.

Well, the login ID that it was posted appeared to end in a “1” (when in actuality, it really ended in a “7”) – strange, but an 8-digit login id, with only the last number differing from one account to the other.

The check was posted to the “1” account in error, and should have been posted to the “7” account.

As you know, there is no convenience fee on a check refill deposit, so the 100.00 check was indeed posted as 100.00.

Well, the account holder with the account ending in “7” called to find out why his check was cashed, but not posted to his account, and we did some reviewing, and discovered his check had been posted to the account ending in “1”.

We then contacted the “1” account, and explained the situation, and told him he could refill the amount he spent – and we would adjust his account for the balance of the 100 refill; or he could refill the entire 100.00, and we would leave his account alone; or he could do nothing, and we would reduce his account by 100.00, which would leave his account in the negative.

Well, he didn’t want to do either, and argued that the refill was his. This customer, has NEVER sent a check deposit, and the check that was posted to his account, was issued by a representative of the “7” account.

We tried to work with this customer, but he was not able to comprehend the check refill process.

Thanks for the heads up…

So, there really is an explanation. I've sent contact info to rottenpug by pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom