Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Exclusive vs Non-Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxzsleds

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exclusive membership should be based on knowlegde, and expertise, not to those who want to pay extra money. Exclusive memberships should be for professionals that know the business and know what they are doing. I have spoken to countless exclusive members lately, and they dont know much of anything. I am no expert in any case, but I have a certain understanding for what is going on with this business. Some of these new and old members dont follow the rules of the forum, and make it un-professional. I would expect more from exclusive members than platinum. Maybe you should have to have 100 or 200 posts on platinum/gold before you become exclusive, rather than just buy your way into it. This is the most popular and professional domain name forum and marketplace I have seen, we need to keep it that way.

Upvote 0

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mxzsleds said:
Maybe you should have to have 100 or 200 posts on platinum/gold before you become exclusive, rather than just buy your way into it.
There are users who make 100 posts in less than two weeks! That wouldn't be a good way of handling this... I think the membership system isn't bad as it is now. There are not many unexperienced users who pay the $400 for an exclusive membership. Moreover the exclusive area is not for experienced members only, but for DNF members who would like to benefit from this forum even more than they already do.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Some exclusive members know their business and dont participate at all.

I think the system could be based on registration date. Maybe people should wait 6 or 12 months for example.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
xmas13 said:
I think the system could be based on registration date. Maybe people should wait 6 or 12 months for example.
Why? The fact that a user has just recently registered does not exclude that he/she is knowledgeable.

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some people may be willing to spend parge amounts of money to learn. This is not a cheap business. Sometimes you need to spend $400 to learn something of use!

If people make unproffesional statements then the mods come inand shut them down or warn them etc....
I thnk the current system works
:angel:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The exclusive membership is just that, exclusive access to all of what DNF offers. For the price it can not be beat. You receive a free webdesign, newsletters straight from Adam, free logo, etc. If it was only to access the extra newsletters that would pay for the membership price itself.

I agree the system works. Plus, most know those who know their stuff and who doesn't. I would have to say that most of the "big players" are likely to be Gold members who do not post at all.

DNF is evolving into more of a domain "marketplace" and not just a forum for the elite buyers. Most of the high rollers are now purchasing names from auctions from Pool, etc and not on forums. Some still do, but not the majority of them.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tassos, its only normal to experience more and more newcomers since this industry is starting to catch on to more and more new people who believe they can become very successful in this business also.

mxzsleds

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
Tassos, its only normal to experience more and more newcomers since this industry is starting to catch on to more and more new people who believe they can become very successful in this business also.

Its one thing to be eager and curious, its another thing to not follow the rules or act professional. I have seen more rules, and more nonsense posted in the last couple months, then in the past. I understand there is a lot of money in this business, but this forum is designed around those to love and enjoy the business; not just those trying to make a quick buck.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mxzsleds said:
Its one thing to be eager and curious, its another thing to not follow the rules or act professional. I have seen more rules, and more nonsense posted in the last couple months, then in the past. I understand there is a lot of money in this business, but this forum is designed around those to love and enjoy the business; not just those trying to make a quick buck.

And what exactly are you proposing? As a type of business becomes more popular, there will be more people who are looking to make a quick buck crawl out from under the rock trying to get a piece of the pie.. There is nothing we can do about that, but only weed out the scams to keep this place fun & safe for business.

As far as changing the system, I agree with jdk, he hit the nail right on the head.

T

tekz999

Maybe we need a even higher membership level called Diamond ;D

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its all in perception, somehow people think that "virtually all" exclusive members are supposed to be experienced and extremely knowledgable in the biz , that is not the case at all , some will give Adam some money just to say they are exclusive , very smart and a lesson learned from Adam. When you are talking about a model based on dollars and profitability then this is absolutely bound to happen , an "earning your exclusive membership" on the forum would not be as profitable.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNjet said:
Its all in perception, somehow people think that "virtually all" exclusive members are supposed to be experienced and extremely knowledgable in the biz , that is not the case at all , some will give Adam some money just to say they are exclusive , very smart and a lesson learned from Adam. When you are talking about a model based on dollars and profitability then this is absolutely bound to happen , an "earning your exclusive membership" on the forum would not be as profitable.
You needn't be experienced to become an exclusive member... Some exclusives just want to learn faster, so they pay to be able to read Adam's newsletters or to get access to the tools and services in the exclusive area.

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
i agree
i just think a more "private" section would be usefull
its not the place here to suggest a new "vip memebership" forum
( that a new user should pay someting like $ 1,000 a year)

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SouthernTn said:
And what exactly are you proposing? As a type of business becomes more popular, there will be more people who are looking to make a quick buck crawl out from under the rock trying to get a piece of the pie.. There is nothing we can do about that, but only weed out the scams to keep this place fun & safe for business.

As far as changing the system, I agree with jdk, he hit the nail right on the head.

Scams are bad and happen, but the mods and admins on DNF catches them and bans them. (Especially that bugger who made about 30 names)

Malaysia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe another type of membership only for those seniors or professionals.. to solve this problem..i have to admit i am i am one exclusive who dunno much n paid to upgrade my membership to learn more.. n i think this is a good way to learn..

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Promotions for discount Exclusive memberships have hurt its exclusivity.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A common mistake is to believe that all member who sign up are new and inexperienced. Not every one starts their domaining knowledge here at DNF. I surely didn't. But I upgraded to exclusive because I wanted a chance to see what others didn't. Now I have a chance to learn further and become even more knowledgeable.

Exclusive membership has nothing to do with experience and everything to do with exclusive access (as JDK put it) and some intellectual perks. However, everyone shares throughout the forum. There are no real secrets in exclusive except for some informative newsletters from Adam and some private sales.

I'm glad I paid and I would pay twice over if I had to. As far as people who can't afford it, they can always upgrade with F$. And there are plenty of ways to earn that in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom