Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

fabulous Fabulous Answer - DNF member violating TOS

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Fabulous.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I just gave you proof THEY DO ! - See the nameservers for those domains, I think this should be Fabulous answering, not somebody semi- or mis-informed, giving guessing answers/ No offense.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All you gave is proof that people are parking trademark domains. Not that Fabulous allow it.

It clearly states in the terms and conditions that they do not allow... if people are parking trademark domains then they are violating the terms and conditions.

Its black and white.

(as for the mis-informed comments.. this thread was started about me violating the TOS) :emba:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do not see much different - park with permission or without it as the result is same - they get paid.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
considering the fact that partypoker is one of there advertisers I would think that PartyPoker would not be too happy paying typo squatters who actually meant to go to there actual site.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, two quesiton araise at once than:
how come those domains are parked there for a long time now ?
So partypoker would prefer instead of paying to "typosquatters" (we all are, aren't we...)
let the competition take the visitors ?

I am sure you will have answer even for those quesitons, as you have sofar answer for EVERYTHING

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. I have no idea as to why the domains have been parked there for so long.
2. I can not comment on what PartyPoker would prefer.

[email protected] should be able to confirm the TOS with you.

Most people just park there domains and keep there head down, not attracting to much attention to them. I am sure the owner of the domains you listed would not appreciate there domains being posted all over the forum. Perhaps out of respect to the fellow domainer you could remove the alleged typo fraudsters domains.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>I can not comment on what PartyPoker would prefer

You already did, cite: "I would think that PartyPoker would not be too happy paying typo squatters"

> Most people just park there domains and keep there head down

Oh common, Fabulous is certainly reviewing all Poker domains very carefully

>....."typo fraudsters domains"

Typo domain owner = fraudster - wow - that changes the meaning of the word fraud...

MarkMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol :)

i think PartyPoker does their math and say , how much legal bills are to fight the owners of the domains. and how much to pay them for the rest of time to buy that traffic back

if its cheaper to just buy the ppc of that traffic back from the typos then they will just buy it ppc.

but if you got too many typos and it becomes more affordable to kick your ass in court they will do that :)

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would think parking pages where they provide DNS are consider ISP's under the DMCA. So effectively they can get a letter from PartyPoker and remove the domains without much legal hassle. Of course their TOS states that trademarked names are a no-no simply to avoid legal problems. I am not sure about the approval process at Fabulous but I would think someone is making careful decisions.

A

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if they truly prohibit linking to your own domains... well thats nutz! How else are you to build value to the site? Increase PR and SERP. Existing traffic is fine but you want to do everything to enhase the value of your assets.

Paddy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys... are appraisals, signature files and offers for sale in DNF allowed by Fab if the domain is NOT linked..

And should, for some strange reason, DCG decide to charge for sales listings (surely not :), would that be considered paid advertising and hence be a violation of the Fabulous TOS..

Are there any other common mistakes that have got users banned from Fab and if banned, what's the best thing to do with our poker names. Thanks for all your comments.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi GoPaddy,

Listing domains for appraisal and for sale would be acceptable as long as the domain is not linked.

We also allow you to list your domains for sale at services that charge fees and still have them parked on our program. However, as mentioned above, please don't use hyperlinks.

Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for further clarification of what is acceptable and what's not.

If there any further questions or concerns, feel free to drop me an email.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

GoPaddy said:
Hi guys... are appraisals, signature files and offers for sale in DNF allowed by Fab if the domain is NOT linked..

And should, for some strange reason, DCG decide to charge for sales listings (surely not :), would that be considered paid advertising and hence be a violation of the Fabulous TOS..

Are there any other common mistakes that have got users banned from Fab and if banned, what's the best thing to do with our poker names. Thanks for all your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom