Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Female avatar when you're a male

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope nobody feels offended. I've not seen that on this forum, but I've seen it very often in other places. (vbSeo forums the latest)
What's the point of having a female avatar when you're a male?
I wouldn't feel comfortable at all. If I want to people know I like x, or y model, artist, singer, I'd rather put in as wallpaper or screensaver. But I wouldn't want people to associate a female image with my person.
Unless of course, you're a travesti, in which case, it makes sense ...

Domain Days 2024

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, I'm a human.

Are you zero pixel guy ? LOL

Kidding

Denny, you're so right.

Though, it might be a confusing time, if you're looking for a fantasy avatar.
The other day I was looking for a warrior-like picture and I wanted to use that as an avatar. I ended with a Brad Pitt's Achilles pic. Then I thought, people might I'm gay and like Brad Pitt ... mmmh that's bad, but I like Angelina Jolie instead, so let's use Angeli.... wait a minute, wait a minute, what am I doing ? :sorry:

Finally, thought, I'm not that ugly, I can stand my own picture ... :greenrazz:

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ended with a Brad Pitt's Achilles pic. Then I thought, people might I'm gay and like Brad Pitt

Wohhh there. :greensmilewinkgrin:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand why so few people here use their own photo as avatar. I used long time ago photo of an ugly huge boxer (Nikolai Valuev) it was funny - lot of people thought its really me. But whats the point using a famous actor as an avatar?

Only self confident people will use their photo as avatar. And people with inferiority complex (for example Stockdoctor to name one) will laugh at other peoples photos, and only confident people does not care and can tell them "kiss my arse"...

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wohhh there.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it... :fear:
I knew YOU were going to come with that, :bounce: !!

And actually you were a factor why I decided not to use Achille's picture ! :becky:
I mean, too many Brad Pitts here and there ...

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:heh: Now I must ask... Did I come off gay to you when you first talked to me, and saw that avatar of mine?

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now I must ask... Did I come off gay to you when you first talked to me, and saw that avatar of mine?

That's was a weird situation, actually.
See, I like Jennifer Aniston a lot, I have all Friends DVDs just for her. But I like Angelina Jolie a lot too. So, I feel certain affinity with Brad regarding women's tasting. For me, I'd get Jennifer as wife and Angelina as lover .... lol.

Further, my prefered actors are De Niro and Al Pacino. Brad Pitt isn't good, but not bad. I like most of his movies, even that boring Joe Black (because Claire Forlani).

The thing is, when you came with that .mobi boycott, I could not attack you. I could not be mean, just because your darn avatar... (I'm because I wrongly thought you were a moderator, but that's other thing)

Same feeling happens regarding female avatars. I see a hot girl's avatar and I can't get off my mind the association. Next time I see "drunkdriver" online, I still thinking he is Jessica Alba, or Michelle Pfeiffer.

Now, you see why I honestly started this thread ... :playball:

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They use it because lots of guys assume the user is really some hot chick & they can get stuff done for free.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They use it because lots of guys assume the user is really some hot chick & they can get stuff done for free.

Don't get me started with the emails from females inquiring for domain names....

But wait, one thing is when a user totally impersonate a female, with a female nickname included and other thing is when the username is BraveDog, or CarGuy, and still using a Catwoman picture as avatar ....

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Interesting. I never thought about that. Maybe I should consider pretending my name is Angelina. I think I already have the right domain for my signature: www.hypnoboobs.com. Interestingly enough a guy actually created the flash animation there for free, even though I didn't pretend to be a woman. He had done some work for me as a graphical designer; and sent the (unsolicited) flash file to me only two hours after I had just very briefly mentioned that I had registered this particular domain name.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I never thought about that. Maybe I should consider pretending my name is Angelina. I think I already have the right domain for my signature: www.hypnoboobs.com. Interestingly enough a guy actually created the flash animation there for free, even though I didn't pretend to be a woman. He had done some work for me as a graphical designer; and sent the (unsolicited) flash file to me only two hours after I had just very briefly mentioned that I had registered this particular domain name.

Those hypnoboobs are genius. Love the challenge game too.

On topic: just because I have a martian cow as my avatar doesn't mean I'm from outer space.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will not the boobs scream at me suddenly or something like that I hope...

Oh I found now there is a link at the bottom, the game is nice, but I was like for one minute starring
at the rotating boobs at the first page, tried mouse what it will do, than I thought the boobs will scream
to scare me or something like that...

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I expected that as well, I turned the volume down just incase.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope nobody feels offended. I've not seen that on this forum, but I've seen it very often in other places. (vbSeo forums the latest)
What's the point of having a female avatar when you're a male?
I wouldn't feel comfortable at all. If I want to people know I like x, or y model, artist, singer, I'd rather put in as wallpaper or screensaver. But I wouldn't want people to associate a female image with my person.
Unless of course, you're a travesti, in which case, it makes sense ...

did you fall for some guy because of their avatar only in the end to realize that it was a man?

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
did you fall for some guy because of their avatar only in the end to realize that it was a man?

Not exatly "fall". But I did was nicer/softer with a guy just because the female avatar thinking it was a female...

The truth is, no matter how much feminist movements are over there, we will still treating women different, mostly on their favor.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a lesbian in a male body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom