Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

French-bashing on the rise in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting article Reign - thanks! We have been talking about this very thing around the office the last couple of days. I'm printing it out to show it around. My daughter is an honors student in High School French. I'm having her take a copy to French class tomorrow too. They should get a kick out of it. I wonder if she can teach me the French word for "weasel"? :)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some are obviously mistaking an anti-war stance for being anti-American.

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Interesting article Reign - thanks! We have been talking about this very thing around the office the last couple of days. I'm printing it out to show it around. My daughter is an honors student in High School French. I'm having her take a copy to French class tomorrow too. They should get a kick out of it. I wonder is she can teach me the French word for "weasel"? :)

French word for "weasel"?
I believe it's "Chirac".:)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but you gotta admit they inspire some good jokes :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz

Personally I never get drawn into political or religious arguments - no one can ever win those. I just like these jokes. :D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Students of history should know very well that Britain ceased to be a great power with the Second World War, whether they liked it or not. The center (and not "centre") of the universe has since moved from London to Washington D.C./New York.

And if we take one step back, French was the international language used during the Congress of Vienna in 1814.

Things change over time; and we are witnessing another shift of gravity NOW.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An entire group of people should not be ridiculed because of the actions of one member of the group.

Same applies here. :)

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL - love the jokes!

Jay Leno had one that went something like:

What was France called before D-day?

bah-dum-dum...

Germany!

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what if France does not want to participate in the war? They are their own independant nation, and can make their own choices. Face it - No one can ever owe anyone else a living.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is kind of a silly statement because the French are very very anti-American and anti-semitic. Personally I can't find fault with those who wish to "bash" the French as the French are the closest thing we have to an enemy in Europe.

Originally posted by fizz

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Personally I never get drawn into political or religious arguments - no one can ever win those

I agree with Duke so I'll bow out of this argument. And I wanna make clear that I'm not surrendering.

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I never knew Twain wrote this:

Mark Twain joked in an 1879 journal, "There is nothing lower than the human race except the French."

arpmn

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I like John McCain’s quip: "The French remind me of the old fading Hollywood star desperately trying to relive the glory years".
They are non-players in the world stage and hate it so they’re trying to get attention by being a pest. We should break diplomatic ties with them see how they like it. Who needs them anyway? Boycott French wines! :D

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Students of history should know very well that Britain ceased to be a great power with the Second World War, whether they liked it or not. The center (and not "centre") of the universe has since moved from London to Washington D.C./New York.

And if we take one step back, French was the international language used during the Congress of Vienna in 1814.

Things change over time; and we are witnessing another shift of gravity NOW.

no it is centre - it is the ENGLISH language after all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom