Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

French-bashing on the rise in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by draqon
this is kind of a silly statement because the French are very very anti-American and anti-semitic.

All three things are wrong here:

1. Anti American? They expect the same of an American in France as an American expect from a foreigner in the US.

2. Anti-Semitic? They have a large population of semitic people, not endangered by anyone.

3. Anti-American <> anti-semitic.

Personally I can't find fault with those who wish to "bash" the French as the French are the closest thing we have to an enemy in Europe.

Do I hear: "Let's bomb Paris"? The real reason?

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hah!

If one finds something awkward with full-scale invasion without even any justified cause:

-> You become instantly anti-american
... I'd rather name it "anti-war"

btw, where in the hell did you dig up "anti-semitic"? If I remeber correctly, the jews were not pouplar in US either during early 20th century.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"1. Anti American? They expect the same of an American in France as an American expect from a foreigner in the US."

no, the French are strongly anti-American. Its not merely the fact that they are a foreign people reacting to strangers. For example, absurd conspiracy theories about 9-11 spread rapidly through France, and books espousing such theories achieved bestseller status. This did not occur in the rest of Europe where the anti-Americanism is at least milder. Statistically, French views of America are the lowest in the continent.

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by options

Do I hear: "Let's bomb Paris"? The real reason?

No need to bomb.

Just show up and they surrender.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, don't blame the U.S., *everyone* makes fun of France, and has for at least 50+ years.

It's nothing new. The only good thing about the U.S. remake of Godzilla was the anti-France jokes.

Nobody takes them seriously, especially with their government agency that tries to prevent new words from entering the French language. The French don't even take the French seriously!

The U.S. has Rambo and others, the UK has James Bond and France has Inspector Clouseau.

The only people I know who even come close to that much ego for so little reason would be Texans. :)

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No need to bomb.

Just show up and they surrender

Ouch...now that's a low blow. :D

The only people I know who even come close to that much ego for so little reason would be Texans

I have in-laws from texas and I gotta tell you namedropper that you are right on the money.

The other group we can lump in with this is todays youth...who seem to have attained a level of arrogance once reserved for people who had actually acheived some level of success in life. Yet it appears they have claimed arrogance by birthright.

I once sat down to fire a young man and was discussing the reasons we were parting. He got angry and said I was "dissing" him. I said...no I'm not..I'm firing you.

crazy.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry
The other group we can lump in with this is todays youth...
Beware, you might have stepped on a lot of toes here ... :D

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hehe...yeah... but that doesn't mean it isn't true :D

disclaimer: if the shoe fits wear it...if it doesn't go barefoot. it's all good.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
France:

1. Worst bureacrasy of the Europe,
2. No international recognition.
3. They like to be an asshole in every problem related to other 2 countries like saving fugitives, vetoing NATO etc.
4. They would be like slovenia or maximum spain if they dont have colonized countries in africa and south america.

But they have some + things:

French girls have nice eyes and hips. And if you like small breasts then they are perfect.

N

namegame

:laugh: Latest French Joke:
Sauna Summit in Paris
George W. Bush, Tony Blair and Jacques Chirac were relaxing in a Parisian sauna. Suddenly, there was a distinct beeping sound.
President Bush pressed his forearm with his thumb & the beeping stopped. The others looked curiously at him. "Oh, that was just my pager", said George. "I have a microchip embedded under the skin of my forearm."

Two minutes later, the silence was broken by the sound of a phone ringing. Tony Blair lifted the palm of his hand to his ear & the ringing stopped. The Prime Minister explained, "That was my cell phone, chaps. I have a telecom chip implanted in the palm of my hand.

"By this time, French president Jacques Chirac was feeling sort of low-tech. Without saying anything, he quickly scooted out of the sauna, but returned momentarily. When he returned, Bush and Blair both stared at him increduously.

It appeared that a long piece of toilet paper was dangling from the Frenchman's posterior.

When Jacques saw that he had the attention of the other two men, he feigned astonishment: "Mon Dieux! I think I'm getting a fax."

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vivnet's Mona Lisa avatar actually reminds me of my viewing the real thing at the Louvre (Paris, France) ... hmm ... quite a while back.

N

namegame

Originally posted by nameslave
vivnet's Mona Lisa avatar actually reminds me of my viewing the real thing at the Louvre (Paris, France) ... hmm ... quite a while back.
Good 'ole Leonardo Da Vinci - sure knew how to paint! Maybe Mona wants a new home - Duke - did you say you were selling NationalMuseum.org?

Olivier

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This thread is very interesting; it unveils the true nature of some members of this forum.

I have found a nice link for the generalization adepts:

http://www.cublea.net/rants/racism/

Just food for thought!

Best regards,
-Olivier

-edit
corrected my English; thanks to vivnet for his help!

N

namegame

Originally posted by Olivier
This thread is very interesting; it unveils the true nature of some members of this forum.

I have found a nice link for the generalization adepts:

http://www.cublea.net/rants/racism/

Just food for thoughts!

Best regards,
-Olivier
Please don't take offense Olivier - The posts on this thread are not serious nor are they meant to be taken seriously. If I recall correctly when I lived in France there were quite alot of Belgian jokes - "des blagues Belges" and conversely lots of jokes about the French orginiating in Belgium. Don't confuse this with racism please! :cool: :cool:
and P.S. By the way the expression is "Food for Thought"

Olivier

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vivnet

If I recall correctly when I lived in France there were quite alot of Belgian jokes - "des blagues Belges" and conversely lots of jokes about the French orginiating in Belgium.

vivnet,

You are absolutely right about that. I guess I should know since I live in Belgium :D

I have never felt personally offended by this thread; certainly not by the jokes that have been exchanged here. Those jokes *are* funny, and I consider those who post them as :cool:

My reply was rather directed at other, more un-:cool: posts.

Best regards,
-Olivier

N

namegame

Merci Olivier! Suis d'accord avec toi - tu as raison. I'll toast to that! Have a "Biere Belge" on me. They're the best in the world! Wish I could be in Bruxelles.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom