Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Gas at $2.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is the actual wholesale rate that stores like 7-11 and Cumberland farms are currently buying gasoline at, to sell at their gas stations. If you were told that they make "pennies" of profit, you were lied to. Gas stations are making a killing, at our expense. Currently, median gas price in central Florida is at the $3.50 range - almost a dollar of profit per gallon of gas. This information was given to me by a regional manager who shall remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

Domain Days 2024

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gas companies and the oil companies are bunch of lying sacks of shits,
and the dumbest ppl in congress ask them the dumbest questions

For example:

The Ceo of lehman brothers was asked , Did you know your company was about to go downwhill? You are under oath.

Ceo : Uhh, no

Congress: Ok

Gregcyber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here in Michigan, 2 gas station owners got in to a fight over a price drop of .02 or .03 cents.
End results, one owner, a family man got his head blown off by a gun.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered what gas station employees pay for gas.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not trying to defend the gas stations one bit here but there are other monies involved in the price of gas at the pump. If they get it for $2.50 then you have to add taxes and any transaction costs. My states tax rate per gallon is $.20+.05 in other addons then you add the federal tax which is 18.4 cents and if you pay via credit/debit card depending on the transaction you're looking at $.10-.25 + 3% per transaction. So in a debit card scenario the cost per gallon is around $3.00.

But right now in the southeast what is making things even worse is the shortage so the wholesale prices are higher here than the national average.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt they make that much. I always see the owners driving some hoopty mobile

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah, prices dropped 20-25 cents since Friday. Still over $4 a gallon in Alaska and Hawaii.

C

Chuck

I was reading that everyone, or almost, should be under $3.00 by early November....hopefully it will keep going after that as well :)

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still over $4 a gallon in Hawaii

"I drove around the island 37 times today in a Hummer, and only used a 1/16 of a gallon." :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
From what I'm told, you need a Hummer in Hawaii to protect yourself from crazy drivers :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Joe, in America people are used to drive their own cars, rarely commuting. They also drive a lot due to the distances between their residences and place of work. So gas is perceived as a cheap commodity, such as bagged ice and soda. Once prices went past the $2 per gallon mark, Americans changed their driving habits but only slowly so. Consumption has fallen a lot, to the point of driving prices halfway down in 3 months. That's another result of the failed policies of the government to build new facilities that refine oil into gasoline and to ensure OPEC keeps prices reasonably low. Of course prices are double as much plus some in Europe, due to higher taxation. But people use public transportation and cities integrate workplaces with residencies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Joe, in America people are used to drive their own cars, rarely commuting. They also drive a lot due to the distances between their residences and place of work. So gas is perceived as a cheap commodity, such as bagged ice and soda. Once prices went past the $2 per gallon mark, Americans changed their driving habits but only slowly so. Consumption has fallen a lot, to the point of driving prices halfway down in 3 months. That's another result of the failed policies of the government to build new facilities that refine oil into gasoline and to ensure OPEC keeps prices reasonably low. Of course prices are double as much plus some in Europe, due to higher taxation. But people use public transportation and cities integrate workplaces with residencies.

Thanks Acro
In my country, Australia, we also face the tyranny of distance with long drives to get anywhere at all
We pay the world price for fuel even though we have plenty of oil here
Our government here has decided to tax the shite out of motorists to bring the price of fuel up to the world price
The jury is still out on that policy
It is my belief that once the nano car ( new cars for $2500 ) gains sales impetus in India, supply and demand will mean that the world fuel price will rocket
Maybe it will not effect your price at the pump though

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom