Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Getting hooked on .be's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RickyG said:
Hey Rob.....some nice ones there.

Thanks Ricky - beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

But indeed, we had reseller (and 2 end users!) interest in several of the ones we mentioned within about 3-4 days of them being registered... but nothing sufficiently significant, so we'll be developping them. Besides, I always believe that the best domains need to be at least somewhat developped to create buzz and traffic ..

Cheers,

Rob

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fredo said:
In Belgium they might use "haut-debis" for broadband and "sans fils" for wireless, so they are useless for the Belgium market... Would be very nice in .co.uk but in .be I don't see much value...

Hang on a bit, only a minority of Belgian's speak French!!!

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fredo said:
They speak either Dutch (60%) or French (40%) so it is still not English :eek:k:

No you are quite correct on that one! It never fails to amaze me how many people just book out ccTLDs in English with actually considering how people are going to access the Internet. The worst example is India. People are piling in because they believe it to be the second most important English speaking market after the US. You only have to scratch the surface to see just how misguided this actually is!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still Fredo is correct. The stats are rougly 60/40. French is certainly important in Belgium, and most of the Dutch-speakers there understand French (the reverse does not often hold true).
To say that only a minority of Belgians speak French is wrong.

ChrisJP

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I picked up a few playing on the word "be", the others I got were keyword ones.

freeimagehost.be - is parked on my image hosting site
and some adult keyword domains which are just parked at sedo with no traffic :(
oh well...

RickyG

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PYR....a free domain parked.... if it gets a few hits n clicks is a winner. Now it isnt a superstar...but a few of these and you could get a check.
RickyG

PS...I also sent you a PM for some info.....

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sdsinc said:
Still Fredo is correct. The stats are rougly 60/40. French is certainly important in Belgium, and most of the Dutch-speakers there understand French (the reverse does not often hold true).
To say that only a minority of Belgians speak French is wrong.

Everyone in the UK just about has studied French at school, unless it pretty chic you are not going to get them using domains with French Keywords. It is the mother tongue that ultimately counts, which is why English Keywords in dot IN will fail!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dwrixon said:
unless it pretty chic you are not going to get them using domains with French Keywords.
Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

I ended up with 5 french keywords that all get good traffic so I must have done something right. :-D

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RickyG said:
What are they?

Would rather not list as rules on .be are rather sketchy at best. I have already lost so great ones do to misunderstanding of rules. Don't need to lose these too. :cheesy:

Alfarin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried to register there, but seems to be acting up. I'm in Canada, I see a -16.00 for setup, but a 20.00 for registration, hence subtotalling to 4.00 per domain (+vat). I'm in Canada, and I have not registered any domains, so I don't know what's wrong with it...

RickyG

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RegFly is also offering the same right now

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RegFly just notified me that my .be names were cancelled by the registry. And I had a few good names that I was planning on developing. They said that I did not meet the specific registries requirements or I entered invalid information. Well, I can't find the problem or any registry requirements that I have not met.

Edit: I just checked the domains I registered and they are listed as "not allowed". Odd, since that means the domain is too short, has illegal characters, or certain dash combinations. My names do not meet any of those...

As far as I'm concerned, .be is not worth the effort at this point. The registry's behavior makes the whole thing smell like a scam.

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TPT were u listing those names for sale on sedo or anywhere? if yes that could be the reason.

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nope. I registered them with RegisterFly last week and haven't done anything with them yet, left them at the default registerfly name servers. I was just starting to work on content for one domain when I got the notification.

RickyG

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just reg some with RegFly last week and they havnt set up the DNS yet for them. I opened up a support ticket and the reply was they are overloaded with be's. I also went to eurodns.com and did a whois on those names and they are stil avail.

Any chanche regfly was to slow and someone grabed them from euro or another reg?
My 2 cents,
RickyG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom