Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Getting hooked on .be's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received the email today that the .be domains I reg'd through regfly were cancelled by the registry. The whois info was correct and the names were parked but not for sale. I was starting to develop one of the names which had some really good potential.
I cant think of a reason they would have been cancelled but im re regging them right now if they are still available.

RickyG

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just talked to regfly on another forum and they sent out emails to many people for various reasons. Some people reg'ed up to 300 names!

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know people who have reg'd hundreds and since there was not supposed to be any restrictions it shouldn't matter.

I personally only reg'd about 10 at regfly so that wasn't the issue.

I ahve re reg'd the names elsewhere and instead of parking them or redirecting I am just leaving them on the registrars default NS until I can do some very minor development next week.

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. They are in "Not Allowed" status. The status are described here: http://dns.be/en/home.php?n=44

I'll check them a few times over the next couple of weeks, but I'm not comfortable with the way they are operating, especially based on this line I just noticed from http://dns.be/en/home.php?n=51:
a) The rules of the domain name registration procedure are dynamic and subject to change.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI - EuroDNS has now setup an internal transfer system for domains (including .be) ... when the promo was originally launched, transfers (for example from a domain buyer to seller) had to be done manually by a EuroDNS staffer.

Also, EuroDNS has automated links to SEDO when a domain is offered for sale, and there are plenty of .be domains listed on SEDO.

Good luck,

Rob

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, none of my domains were breaking any of their rules and my names were not for sale.

I also use EuroDNS and I am hoping that they dont get my .be names "rejected" by using sedo parking pages.

RickyG

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just read apost that you can now to internal (push) at euro and also sedo

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi, there are really problems with mass-registrations of .be Names.
The registry do not like warehousing of free names. Thats the reason why we limited now free registration to max 10 names.
Every one of you should start thinking for reasons why he registered those names. it is possible that the registry will contact more registrars with mass-registrations and ask for the reason of the registration of all domain names. Then the Registrar will ask the Registrant. It will be hard work.

Freddy

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
hi, there are really problems with mass-registrations of .be Names.
The registry do not like warehousing of free names. Thats the reason why we limited now free registration to max 10 names.
Every one of you should start thinking for reasons why he registered those names. it is possible that the registry will contact more registrars with mass-registrations and ask for the reason of the registration of all domain names. Then the Registrar will ask the Registrant. It will be hard work.

Freddy

Another ill conceived free give away. Total Fiasco in my opinion. Glad I never wasted my time. It will probably be years before they are actually worth anything in the secondary market.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don´t think they are worth anything at the moment...not with all free names around.
What I dislike and totally disagree with is the fact, that the registry has not been thinking about the upcoming problems before.
If I remember right, first it was " register as many as you want " - no rule that stated
1) they are not for selling on
2) you are only allowed a certain amount of free domains
3) and God knows what else
When I take a look at all those domains in quarantine I wonder what they expected? Some 100 domains to be registered in total?
Whatever their reasons were for this promotion it was badly thought through.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No problems with our .be domains at EuroDNS. Great interface there BTW (I have no affiliation other than being a client.)

I disagree, the value is in the branding ability, and there are (err, were) plenty of hot domains.

We've received plenty of unsolicited (probably through .BE whois lookups) for several of our names (blogue.be blogues.be royalflush.be mesothel.be asbestoscancer.be etc etc...) from resellers...

As in poker, hold 'em ;) or even better : BUILD .be sites!

Rob

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dwrixon said:
It will probably be years before they are actually worth anything in the secondary market.

chase said:
Don´t think they are worth anything at the moment...not with all free names around.

If they have traffic and revenue they have value.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chase: From beginning it was said that the Registry do not like warehousing, but there was no number of limit.

RTM.net: Also we (EuroDNS) had small problems on the first day, they blocked us for few hours because we regged to much! Thats the reason why we limited to 10 names per User.

Sarcle: Yes, you are right. And I see that they have traffic and value! I saw already some with 100´s uniques per day from different customers.

Freddy

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Freddy, for the ones we have that have traffic, can we go ahead and pay to register for another year to avoid possible complications? I was looking to do this but can't seem to. Let me know thanks.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
Hey Freddy, for the ones we have that have traffic, can we go ahead and pay to register for another year to avoid possible complications? I was looking to do this but can't seem to. Let me know thanks.

could be a good idea.
I will check if we can prepay names in the .be space for more then 12 month.
Never thought about this possibility.

Freddy

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
could be a good idea.
I will check if we can prepay names in the .be space for more then 12 month.
Never thought about this possibility.

Freddy

Cool. Thanks Freddy.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
If they have traffic and revenue they have value.

Agreed, but if you get in at the start, there is always a risk that much of the traffic is just speculators having a look. This could dry up later!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom