Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Global Warming News

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H2FC

I believe the global warming threat is real and everybody should be aware of it. With that in mind I have decided to post the latest news here from time to time. I know there are some who do not share my belief and I have decided I will not get into any personal debates about the subject with the minority skeptics. I invite you to post any relevant news you feel is important and make comments if you wish to.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=2612021&page=1

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/GlobalWarming/

Domain Days 2024

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As long as this doesn't cause a threadjack/flame war, i'm all for it!

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, 2005 set yet another record for greenhouse gases in our atmosphere. The pace is picking up and it corresponds directly with the rise in industry around the world. One plus one does equal two.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could someone post some links to all the huge Gulf of Mexico hurricanes that global warming generated in the 2006 hurricane season?

Oh, wait -- it was ZERO.

Since the 2005 hurricanes were considered 'proof' of global warming, we now have 'proof' of global cooling. Sound the alarms! The ice age is approaching!

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is just plan silly saying that, the global temps hit record highs again this year. We can send space ships to mars, but yet they can't tell if there is global warming or not right ?

NASA has already said, that it is global warming for sure. Any one that studys this, do agree there is global warming. They just don't agree on what is making it happen, man made or just a normal rise in temps. If you lived where the weather was changing, you would not think there was no global warming.

Here in PA where I live, we had the 2nd biggest flood on record. And many other places, are having just a bad of time. Record snow falls already as well, but I can tell you we do not get light rain much anymore. It's falls hard just about every time, this year it rained for 4 days hard. Flooding was bad, so many roads had to be replaced and damages was high.

And guess what this is what NASA computers, show would happen if global warming was coming years ago. Well it's here, and records are going to keep getting broken with the weather. And damages and deaths will keep going higher, lets just hope a pray that it don't get as bad as prodictions have it.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem with the debate about global warming is that 99% of people don't really consider it as an important item on their personal agenda.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem with the debate about global warming is that 99% of people don't really consider it as an important item on their personal agenda.

Maybe that's because the enviromentalists have spent the last 25 years or so trying to prove the existence of man-made global warming and haven't yet.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's because the enviromentalists have spent the last 25 years or so trying to prove the existence of man-made global warming and haven't yet.

Malarkey - hundreds of scientists have proven it without a shadow of a doubt. Scientific peer review journals are 100% on the side of man-made global warming. This has nothing to do with environmentalists and everything to do with corporations refusing to spend money to clean up the damage they are doing. Many times those same corporations also own the media outlets which pour out this nonsense that man has nothing to do with it.

Go pour a litre of oil into a lake and tell us if it does anything. Then try to tell everyone that pouring pollutants out of tailpipes and out of factories does nothing to the lake of air.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Malarkey - hundreds of scientists have proven it without a shadow of a doubt. Scientific peer review journals are 100% on the side of man-made global warming.

Those are the same scientists that said the 2006 hurricane season would be the "worst ever". There were 30 hurricanes in 2005.

How many in 2006? ZERO!

DING DING DING! We have a winner!
The planet must be cooling!

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Everybody to invest in electric cars production asap!

H

H2FC

Those are the same scientists that said the 2006 hurricane season would be the "worst ever". There were 30 hurricanes in 2005.

How many in 2006? ZERO!

Hi Juniper....Let me direct you to this site to verify for yourelf that we, in fact , had several atlantic hurricanes in 2006. I thought I had sent you this info before but maybe not. http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/2006/2006-atlantic-trop-cyclones.html

On this site you will see we actually had 3 cat1 hurricanes and 2 cat3 hurricanes during the 2006 season.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

How many in 2006? ZERO!

They are not the same scientists. This is diversionary trollop at its best. Predicting the weather has ZERO to do with examining quantifiable evidence.

Comparing apples to carrots does not make a winner.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To the people talking about a massive rise in ocean levels due to melting glaciers (which actually aren't melting) - have you heard of Archimedes Law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom