Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Go Daddy Launches Reseller Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, well, well...

http://www.thehostingnews.com/article1447.html

Top Domain Name Registrar, Go Daddy, Launches Reseller Program

Scottsdale, Ariz., July 19 /PRNewswire/ -- The Go Daddy Group, Inc. has announced the launch of new and improved reseller plans for Wild West Domains, its reseller program. Dubbed ''Wild West Reloaded,'' the new plans invigorate the online presence of existing resellers, and provide new resellers the ability to positively impact their online sales quicker.

Four major initiatives characterize Wild West's reloaded plans. First, all plans have the industry's lowest buy rates; comparisons are available at http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/reseller/instant_compare.asp. Second, unlike competitor programs, Wild West resellers are not required to pre-fund accounts in order to be a reseller. Third, there is no revenue sharing -- which means resellers retain the entire profit for each and every product they sell. Fourth, the ability to generate profit is increased, because every reseller now receives a wide variety of marketing tools (a $300+ retail value), at no cost, including:

* Free Secure SSL Certificate shows the world that transactions on reseller sites are up to 256-bit encrypted and secure;

* Free Deluxe email account provides resellers with 5 email addresses and 1,000MB total storage;

* Free Traffic Blazer(R), allows resellers to optimize and submit their sites to search engines like Google(R) , Yahoo!(R) and MSN(R);

* Free WebSite Tonight(R) allows resellers to build their own custom home pages;

* Free Express Email Marketing(TM) allows resellers to keep in contact with their customers the spam-Free and legal way, and includes ready-made templates;

* Free Online File Folder(TM) provides secure, on-the-go access to important files from any Internet-connected computer;

* Free Google AdWords credit helps resellers' ads appear alongside and above search results on Google.com; and

* Free Reseller Handbook, full of practical tips and advice on site promotion and more.

Wild West Domains has a reloaded reseller package to fit every need: Basic is $99/year; Pro is $199/yr; Super Reseller is $229/year; and the API is $249/year. Reloaded plans retain several key features of prior plans, including: a customizable website that allows resellers to be ''up and selling'' within minutes after sign-up, 24x7 support for resellers and their customers, and a 30-day money back guarantee.

''In the few weeks since we launched Wild West Reloaded, sales revenue for all programs has jumped dramatically, particularly for the Basic and Pro programs, which have had growth in excess of 110%,'' said Bob Parsons, president and founder of Go Daddy. ''Clearly, deploying the lowest buy rates combined with Free marketing tools was exactly what customers wanted in their reseller program.''

About The Go Daddy Group, Inc.
The Go Daddy Group is the world's No. 1 domain name registrar in terms of new registrations and domains under management. The Go Daddy Group enables individuals and businesses to create and safeguard their unique identities and brands on the Internet by offering a complete line of web development tools, including domain registration, hosting, email, SSL certificates and complementary products and services. The Go Daddy Group includes flagship registrar GoDaddy.com (http://www.GoDaddy.com) and reseller registrar Wild West Domains, Inc. (http://www.wildwestdomains.com). The Go Daddy Group also offers private domain registration services through Domains By Proxy, Inc. (http://www.domainsbyproxy.com), and SSL Certificates through its Certificate Authority, Starfield Technologies, Inc. (http://www.starfieldtech.com). The Go Daddy Group registers a new domain name every 6 seconds.

About Wild West Domains, Inc.
Founded in December 2001, Wild West Domains is an ICANN accredited registrar and all-inclusive reseller provider. Wild West Domains offers individuals and businesses an array of competitively priced products and services to facilitate entry into the high-growth reseller market. Resellers can offer customers an extensive product portfolio, including domain registration, personalized email accounts, web site hosting, secure SSL certificates, ready-made shopping carts, merchant accounts and more.

After finally overtaking netsol in terms of total number of regs, I'd imagine this
is their next goal.

Anyone wanna try 'em out? :-D

Register for the auction

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

hum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since then there are thousands of resellers of Godaddy and Wildwestdomains. Some does really good - some just dropped out in the first year itself. Some are fighting to get the business rolling!! Hmm - myself just completing the first year and venturing for the second year.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since then there are thousands of resellers of Godaddy and Wildwestdomains. Some does really good - some just dropped out in the first year itself. Some are fighting to get the business rolling!! Hmm - myself just completing the first year and venturing for the second year.

I have been using godaddy's parking service and they just introduced improved traffic analysis tools. Still a pain that they make you pay for the parking service, but I have a large portfolio so the monthly fee is minimal. Hopefully this is one of many positive changes that will be coming from GoDaddy, I'm still hoping their auction/sales site gets improvements as well so that it actually becomes a good place to buy and sell domoains on the aftermarket.

a2zdomain.net

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there is yearly membership fee to pay? then, I prefer my current registrar who offer gtld at 6.95 and no yearly membership fee!

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got reseller plans at them all and even with the changes Godaddy is still way behind the pack. Paying $249 a year for API access? Thats crazy. I'll stick with free and the wide range of scripts available with the others.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've used them for awhile. You don't want to.

Pros

- Discounted domains
- Commission off sales

Cons

- Crazy Yearly fee
- Prefabricated Templates
- GoDaddy treats each reseller like a separate company. You can't transfer/push between companies or even to GoDaddy without paying a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom