Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
This is a discussion about the domain name register/company GoDaddy.

jgukdomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
Anyone else noticed that Godaddy has removed customer service?
In UK at least, there is only a phone line. support@godaddy.com is now ignored with a bounce.

There are more faults creeping in (they just changed my login to Italian!) so I was rather shocked that they've removed the best way to contact them. There isn't even an "online chat" function.
Cheers

Domain summit 2024

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They did not change your login. Look at the top of the page and where it says "Italia" click on it and change to your desired Country.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy didnt remove customer service,...

...its just that Bob Parsons wont be available to answer the phone.

I think he must be out hunting Elephant to "feed villagers", or rhino's, or something rare and exotic and almost extinct.

They will put the phone back up once he is back from the taxidermist.

jgukdomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They did not change your login. Look at the top of the page and where it says "Italia" click on it and change to your desired Country.

Interesting. I've already tried that workaround a few times from different computers. Godaddy has also started emailing me in Italian.

1) Enter in browser to uk.godaddy.com
2) Make sure English is visible at top of page
3) Login
4) Logout
5) Wait for Italian emails from Godaddy about my expiring domains.
6) This has been like this for around 5 days now. I've tried multiple times to fix it.

I would be happy to find a solution. I've not changed anything on my preferences with Godaddy. I don't speak Italian.

Its a shame, as they have removed the support email address, they have no way of me informing them of this fault with their system.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

ikehook

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yep, or change to an effective Registrar, with customer service.
Spend more money there and they'll give you a direct number and assign you to a specific agent... It's actually pretty good service without that. At least you can call 24 hrs a day and someone answers. If you're on hold they'll call you back. Authorization codes are immediately emailed to you. Most of the prices are cheaper than anywhere else.
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had any problem that they didn't fix immediately.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spend more money there and they'll give you a direct number and assign you to a specific agent... It's actually pretty good service without that. At least you can call 24 hrs a day and someone answers. If you're on hold they'll call you back. Authorization codes are immediately emailed to you. Most of the prices are cheaper than anywhere else.
Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had any problem that they didn't fix immediately.

Yeah but even that doesn't solve it. My reps at GD have always worked a few days a week and email replies average 48 hours.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators