Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Godaddy/Tdnam charging me $150 admin fees for domains I didn't list. WTF!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
What should I do?
Yesterday I received an eamil saying that I should transfer three LLL.US to a buyer off tdnam. Thing is, I didn't list the names of tdnam.
Im not sure what has happened, but it seems someone must have listed them in my name, or through my account or something.
Anyway the names sold for $70 each which is ridiculous. I'd be taking a loss if I sold these names. Thus based on the fact I didn't list them I refused the transaction.

Now I am being charged $150 admin fees due to T+C's I apparently agreed to (but actually didnt as I didnt list the names). ($50 a name)
I dont even have that much in my bank. I cannot afford to pay these fees, and now my bank will probably charge me for being overdrawn, becausemy account was compromised.

I emailed Godaddy demanding a refund etc and an explanation, can anyone give me any other suggestions?

Thanks

acegoet

Platinum Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
first, never use your bank account for these transactions. You have no recourse. In the US, if you use a credit card you could have claimed fraud and it would be tied up for a few months.

You may still loose the money, but wouldn't have to pay overdraft fees and the CC company would take the time to review your claim of fraud.

Hope this helps in the future.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your chances of resolving this by phone with Godaddy, are much higher than with email support, it will take at least 3 support tickets just for them to understand your situation...

Many sellers list domains on TDNAM and enter the wrong TLD...I know, because I was the buyer of some names that were actually not for sale....There is no verification when listing domains, I can list your domains and you can list mine, its a joke......Give Godaddy a call and let us know what happens.

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How did they take the money out of your bank account? Through a debit card? If so, call your bank and dispute the charges, it is possible to do a charge off on a debit card charge.

Convergence

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
What should I do?
Yesterday I received an eamil saying that I should transfer three LLL.US to a buyer off tdnam. Thing is, I didn't list the names of tdnam.
Im not sure what has happened, but it seems someone must have listed them in my name, or through my account or something.
Anyway the names sold for $70 each which is ridiculous. I'd be taking a loss if I sold these names. Thus based on the fact I didn't list them I refused the transaction.

Now I am being charged $150 admin fees due to T+C's I apparently agreed to (but actually didnt as I didnt list the names). ($50 a name)
I dont even have that much in my bank. I cannot afford to pay these fees, and now my bank will probably charge me for being overdrawn, becausemy account was compromised.

I emailed Godaddy demanding a refund etc and an explanation, can anyone give me any other suggestions?

Thanks

While we may not be able to help you immediately, please send us your contact information and a copy of this post to:

[deleted due to lack of interest]

Last edited:

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually that happened to me once. I'd actually forgotten to remove my listing after I sold the domain. Someone else purchased it afterward and I have to pay the administration fee. It is kind of ridiculous...

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok an update,
I battled with Godaddy over the phone for an hour. From the Uk that probably cost me at least $20 more :( Anyway I agreed to a refund of the $150 if I sold the domains for $70 each. I.E I lose $90 instead of $150.

However I then contacted the buyer and he offered a buyout as such $10 per name. It seems I will only lose $30 + $20 (phone call) + losses in the refund exchange rate.

I will learn from my experiences etc, and if any registrar can offer me a good transfer deal I will be moving from Godaddy completely.

Meanwhile any $DNF donations would be appreciated to help me recouperate my loss.

In regard to the debit card. They just charged it as they were my online Godaddy payment method. They in no way asked me, and there wasn't much I could do.
Out of interest if I went down to my bank and said deny that charge what could Godaddy do? The only reason I didn't was because I have thousands of dollars in domains at Godaddy.

Finally in regard to support. There email support was terrible, so was there phone support. At least 40 minutes of the hour long call I was on hold whilst 'Steve' asked someone who knew what they were talking about what was Going on. Ridiculous!
I am now communicating with GD via email again to sort out my refund etc but once again I am struggling. There responses are "Yes" as oppose to an actual explanation etc :(

Man Thanks

Tom

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom
Is there any reason you did not use skype to call GoDaddy?

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I learned about email supports is you have to go on writing the same thing again and again and never give-up ,cause the team members are always changing and what they do is to throw the ball to the air and a new member of the team takes it.They should consider this when measuring support teams success.I have had similar problems (not tdnam) and after 6-8 emails I solved every situation that I am rightful.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was it your pay pal account, godaddy charged ?

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you do a charge back on it then, godaddy would of called you then to work it out. Or even when dealing with godaddy, just saying then I'll do a charge back gets them to hear you fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom