Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Going to OD on Godaddy renewal reminders

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past 9 weeks I have received 14 reminders about a domainname that I deliberately chose not to renew. The renewal deadline is in about 10 weeks, so I foresee another 16 reminders (at least) being sent.

I can see why you want to remind customers about renewals they might have overlooked, but sending a truckload of mails will only piss them off. Is there a setting in my panel that controls the frequency of reminder emails? If not, will GD consider lowering the frequency? This is getting really annoying, and I don't want to OD on reminder emails.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah the constant reminders back fire as people just start to overlook them. to avoid them you can always cancel a domain from your control panel.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update:

This is really getting ridiculous. August 28 I received renewal reminder number 37 for this domain. It told me "Last Chance to Renew ..." so I thought that would be the last one. Five days later I received notification number 38 titled "Final Notice to Renew ...", and today I received another "Product Expiration Notification". That is 39 emails notifying me that a domain I chose not to renew will expire.

I just disabled automatic renewals on a few other domains @GoDaddy. I am really happy that GoDaddy doesn't remind you by snail-mail.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
99 reminders of expiration on the wall, 99 emails of woe, delete one down, spam it on down, 98 expiration reminders of names on the wall....

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
98 reminders of expiration on the wall, 98 emails of woe, delete one down, spam it on down, 97 expiration reminders of names on the wall....

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not only do I get loads of automated reminder e-mails from GoDaddy, but my account exec. also sends me notices every time one or more of my domains are expiring. That's a lot of e-mails. :)

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy goes one better for me, they actually call me up to tell me my domains are expiring. This has happened to me 3 times in the last year or so.

I just thank them and tell them I want to let these domains expire.

Another thing they do that bugs me is automatically set all new registered or transferred domains to auto renew. This lets them hit you for the highest renew price. I always now remember to set my new domains to manual renew then renew using a discount code. This saves me a ton of money.:cool:

How about the new registration interface on their website that has the shopping cart that expires and loses all the domains you brainstormed over the last 5 to 10 minutes??? WTF is up with that jerkdaddy??? WAY TO GO You f'ing idiots. How can I buy a domain when your cart pops up and says "sorry your session has expired" and all cart contents are GONE.

After having this happen a few times I make sure to copy my list to notepad or something so I can come back later and continue my research.

Godaddy=FOOLS

Every time I talk to them on the phone I ask them to give me a pro style interface suitable for a domain professional. I don't think they have a clue as to how much they piss people off some times with their crap website interface and constant upsell BS.:upset:

###

Reaction score
Have you tried using a different registrar? I don't mean to sound flippant but if it's annoying that much I'd move. I suppose on the positive side at least it's highly unlikely a domain will slip past renewal and drop without you noticing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom