Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Google Ad Word Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Te'men

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My question has to do with the difference in the broad search and the exact phrase (mind you ive been domaining for less than 1 week)

I have a phrase that has 3.5 million on the broad but 140 in the phrase, I know that second is pebbles. Am I supposed to be looking for domains with a broad of that amount. Im kind of confused, whats a good number and which one am I looking at?

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[Exact] searches is really what you want to focus on IMO (the check box under match types on the left of the screen). Be sure to sign up for a Google account and you won't have to keep typing in a captcha to do a search for different keywords. Additionally, once signed-in, you can click the drop-down box on the right of the page called "Columns" and then choose Approximate CPC. Compare the data you find to Adam Dicker's rules of thumb, if you don't have any of your own data to go by:

<$2.00 CPC, you should have at least [20,000] exact searches
>$2.00 CPC, you should have at least [5,000] exact searches
>$4.00 CPC, you should have at least [2,500] exact searches
>$6.00 CPC, you should have at least [1,000] exact searches
>$8.00 CPC, you should have at least [500] exact searches

Based on his experience, numbers outside of these parameters are not worth the time, money and effort.

In any event, welcome aboard and as a recent newbie myself who is now finding some success, be sure to not buy any names until you've done a lot of research. Check out this thread for some interesting input

and be sure to check out Adam's new video blog, theartofthename.com Lots of other great tidbits on this forum if you dig through the threads. Best of luck!

Te'men

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you, great reply. Very informative!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom