Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Gues Should NOT BE ALLOWED in CHATROOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spend a lot of time in chat to talk to other members about domain sales, news, etc.

I spend almost 2 hours with one dude who I thought was a member, I kept trying to search for his membership name and could not find it in the database... i thought it was forum glitch...

the chatroom does not indicate if a person is a guest.. guest should not be allowed in chatroom... i spend 2 hours trying to sell him 10 domains, then he told me himself, he is not a member here!!!! and that he would get back to me later... i was shocked to learn, i was chatting with a person who is not even a gold member!

If any other member here agrees with me about blocking chatroom to guest, please reply to this thread.

Upvote 0

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
isnt mr. deleted a member? he just posted in another thread

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guests cannot use the chatroom but members that have joined may.
We have different membership levels that you may compare the options here:
http://www.dnforum.com/plans.php

As you can see, the chatroom is the only thing that these non-upgraded members may use. However, after I also spent time in the chatroom chatting with people that have not upgraded their membership only to realize this later, I can see the reason why everyone basically agrees that we should change this setting. I will fix this.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guests cannot use the chatroom but members that have joined may.
We have different membership levels that you may compare the options here:
http://www.dnforum.com/plans.php

As you can see, the chatroom is the only thing that these non-upgraded members may use. However, after I also spent time in the chatroom chatting with people that have not upgraded their membership only to realize this later, I can see the reason why everyone basically agrees that we should change this setting. I will fix this.

Thank You, this will protect us all.

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone who registered here regardless of membership was allowed to join in the chatroom from longtime i guess.
This makes the chatroom real unprofessional sometimes.

but alternatively guests can be highlighted in the chatroom and should have very less chat options ex:no private msg,can't be in chat for long time etc.as chatroom is only way they can communicate regarding anything on dnf.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MH, very much appreciated.

The irony of the situation is that allowing Bronze members into chat allowed 'anybody' access to the members here. Obviously again it is undoubtedly the few who once again have spoilt it for the many, however it was a chink in the protection and integrity of the forum.

Again though, many thanks for reading the thread and considering action based on the members wishes.

all4cost

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jarred - Some of the confusion could also be with usernames being manipulated by the software upon entering the chat.

Most chat software will change (As example only) Username : Sex.com to Sex-com etc ... Also happens when members have spaces in their username I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom