Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Has anybody used domainworth.com for appraisal tools..new kid on the appraisal block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, EVERY single member on this thread uses estibot or one of the free appraisal services Every time they buy a domain name, I mean EVERY! :)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, EVERY single member on this thread uses estibot or one of the free appraisal services Every time they buy a domain name, I mean EVERY! :)

WRONG!!! I never used it once... or any other site like it.

It's like going to the doctor if you get bad news you want second opinion...
but if you get good news you never ask for a second opinion. :pound:

I highly recommend not using these auto programs to value your domains...at the very less make it a small part of valuation .........unless you get good news!!! :yo:

asoulpurpose

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I posted..and still no response from anybody yet. Thanks again for at least replying to me.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

when i started buying domains, there were no appraisal services... other than from your peers on the forums.

at that time, ranges for LLL/NNN.com were < $500 and LL.com were < $50K

so from then to now, i think i've learned enough to go without the use of appraisal services.

they're kinda like sideshows, in the carnival of the domain game.

everybody is setting up shop, so don't get too distracted :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I started buying domains, there was no forum, no appraisal services that I know of. You were on your own. Today there is much more information available. In theory it's a good thing for the newbies but domaining has become very competitive.
Unfortunately, there is a lot of bad information/disinformation too. For example, we see too many beginners buying domains based on what automated tools like estibot suggest :) Or using metrics that are hardly relevant.

You need to learn for yourself what makes a domain valuable. An automated appraisal is not going to teach you anything, even if it had an ounce of credibility... Do your homework and see what sells and why.

Be smart, don't just learn from your mistakes, learn from the mistakes of others :)

The best appraisal: a sales invoice :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom