Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Daily Diamond

Help me help you help me... to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, you get the gist, I'm sure.

Some of you may know that I work part time for a small affiliate network.
Please hold rotted vegetable throwing till the end of the post.

Anyway, we're wanting to build a system that is geared towards domainers, as that's where a rather large chunk of our good traffic comes from in the first place.
We also feel it's a slice of the market that's not well addressed by affiliate marketing.

One of the things we're looking into is making a set of template sites that work on a PPS share.
The reason you'd use a service like this instead of doing it yourself?
Well, how about the time it takes to create a good affiliate store front, the SEO behind it, and the fact that unless you're driving insane amounts of sales your percentage share of the sale is rather low.
You'd have the burden of all the additional stuff dumped in our laps while you managed your domain portfolios.
As the sales would be aggregated through our own account, we'd be getting a substantially higher percentage share than you could get on your own. We'd then keep track of who drove the initial sale, and credit their account accordingly. Pretty much the same back-end systems as PPC parking anyway.

There are already services similar to this, although not quite the same as what we're intending on runnning.
WhyPark (using BANS) and Evolanding V4 (using AmazonAssociates) spring to mind.
We're hoping to do things a little differently (and a little better, obviously, and I know everyone says that). But I think we can deliver by the time this project goes public.

What I'd like to know is, for the people that have used setups like this before is:
a) How did you find the experience?
b) What part of the experience was lacking?
c) How did it compare to just plain ad based parking?

If you don't feel comfortable answering in public, you're welcome to PM me and we can have a private dialogue.

Obviously once the system's ready, there'll be some sort of announcement, but it's going to be a while. Like I said, we're a small network at the moment.

Domain Summit 2024

HarveyJ

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah, but I'm not a fly by nighter, as my continued presence here indicates.
I've been around for 6 months or so now, and intend to stay.

As I've got no intention of being predominantly a domainer, the advantages of Platinum membership have no actual use for me.
And we don't really need the SEO advantages of me having a signature link either, as this place has zero page rank.

Like I said, we're a marketing company, not domainers, although we and & I do have some nice domains.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your posts does not ispire confidence when you rush out of the gates with negative sentiments.

You and your service will not succeed. I can guarantee that. I know you will not take my prediction kindly. So all you need to do instead of replying is - prove me wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom