Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

'home' page h*cked by G**GLE (SE) help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt it's google, it's a fake google page, or else it IS google, and it's in your settings.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
google would not do this, it has to be a fake google page , spybot will remove the hijack from your files , even the free version takes them out usually.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try to find out the URL or that fake google site. You can look at the history and see what URL it is redirecting from. Then search for that URL from your registry. Most likely the setting got changed and you got redirected to some fake page.

I think you can also use the program hijackit. It will help you identify what's stealing your traffic...

Good luck... getting rid of this bug is pain in the neck...

Alternative... switch to Firefox...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is anyone LISTENING???

I appreciate input, but not dismissive, or patronising obvious advice.

(no offence intended- just looking for a REAL explanation or solution)

If Anyone has something that is not obvious to try/test to resolve this that would be helpful.

It is not a FAKE page, the history shows it is the real site (.com.au)..I would not post if I didn't know where the ON button was on my PC.

Software gets tested in Oz first ALL the time. And as mentioned 2 years ago there was a redirect from Yh .com.au to GG for a period of time.

Any real assistance is appreciated.

I'm out. Next time don't be a jerk.

IIM8

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thx

Thx-you were not helpful and offensive - found help elsewhere.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look , use your head , google would not jeapordize their reputation by hijacking browsers , if it is the google homepage you are seeing then someone else has done this trying to discredit google , go to downloads.com and use the search box for "spybot" , then download the free trial version and see if it takes out the hijack , it usually does.

IIM8

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This type of "gang" forum bashing help and verbal abuse is unwarranted and anti productive especially from an administrator.

Anyone else..

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In that case, try the registry and search for the word "google". A client of mine had this problem before and that's how I resolved it. Just look for the URL of the site. Again, what I noticed last time is that they forward from one link to another. In another word, if your browser shows that the url is google.au whatever... it might not be the right link. Just use the history and find out the previous URL and search for it in your registry using "regedit". Please note that if you make any update to your registry, it's your own risk. It is possible to cause more problem if you mess up your registry. So, make sure you back it up first. :)

IIM8

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DNjet & varchar

Admin ;

Please close this thread, I am not in the mood for abuse, and have resolved this issue Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom