Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Hosting platform Epik can’t pay any of its users right now

Reaction score
The far-right hosting platform Epik can’t pay any of its users right now

Its new CEO promises things will be under control soon.

For several weeks, users on NamePros, an online community for domain name investors, have been up in arms about their inability to withdraw funds from Masterbucks. Masterbucks is a payment platform operated by Epik, the controversial domain name provider and web host whose customers include social media sites like Parler and Gab as well as far-right forum TheDonald. Epik’s new CEO Brian Royce says he has big aspirations for the company and wants to see it become a competitor to PayPal and CashApp. But with only two months on the job, it’s been a rocky start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain summit 2024

untitled

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have payouts pending for over 2 months. I've gotten numerous e-mails from Epik, but with zero insight as to what's going on or how long it will take to get my money.

They are insistent on the fact that their accountants are processing payouts.

However, they seem to unable to even tell me up to what day they have processed the payouts. Which is information they can find out in seconds if they were actually processing withdrawals. Additionally, and most importantly, there are 100 of domainers complaining about this and none of them have been paid.

We were given no notice or explanation for the MasterBucks downtime ("maintenance") in advance, and we have not been given any explanation to what is truly going on now. This is a surefire way to destroy its reputation and lose life-long customers.

Reaction score
They supposedly were 4.5M in debt to sellers, 800K remaining.

Their words... Not that I trust them. It's a complete clownshow.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
How is it possible such thing Mr.Rob?
What happened to Epik and Masterbucks?

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you get paid?

I have payouts pending for over 2 months. I've gotten numerous e-mails from Epik, but with zero insight as to what's going on or how long it will take to get my money.

They are insistent on the fact that their accountants are processing payouts.

However, they seem to unable to even tell me up to what day they have processed the payouts. Which is information they can find out in seconds if they were actually processing withdrawals. Additionally, and most importantly, there are 100 of domainers complaining about this and none of them have been paid.

We were given no notice or explanation for the MasterBucks downtime ("maintenance") in advance, and we have not been given any explanation to what is truly going on now. This is a surefire way to destroy its reputation and lose life-long customers.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Saw this on the other forum.

I did a phone call with Brian Royce yesterday, a 3 hour phone call. Not a lot of new things to report, most of it is already known but there are some interesting things I can share:

1) "The board", we keep hearing referenced, is actually just Brian Royce and Rob Monster, in a stalemate of sorts, but with Rob not allowed to make any financial decisions at all and control of nothing. There are also a bunch, and I mean a bunch, of share holders and creditors that are also controlling, to varying degrees, decision making, probably with varying degrees of threats of legal action.

2) The amount of money that Rob Monster blew is more than I thought.

3) Rob had access to his corp email taken away by Brian (rob at epik dot com) and those emails are now being forwarded, which made Monster very angry.

4) Monster has been asked to step down from the board by Brian Royce and the share holders and creditors but this kind goeth not out but by lawyers and paperwork.

5) It will probably not be easy to exorcise this Monster and harder still for creditors to ever be repaid.

6) They hope to have Kathleen, Igor, and others, paid out in January.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Level 1
Reaction score
Quick update:

They stole dnprotect from bill.

They're millions in debt to clients and investors.

They're being sued (RICO lawsuit).

They don't have the funds to perform basic registrar tasks (renewals, registrations don't happen)

They're under investigation by the FBI.

They silence free speech.

They take your money and leave you holding the bag.

People are losing their domains.

Clients are losing their health, mind and retirement funds.

They were fined for offering illegal 'insurance' services.

Proven facts. Get out while you can!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quick update:

They stole dnprotect from bill.

They're millions in debt to clients and investors.

They're being sued (RICO lawsuit).

They don't have the funds to perform basic registrar tasks (renewals, registrations don't happen)

They're under investigation by the FBI.

They silence free speech.

They take your money and leave you holding the bag.

People are losing their domains.

Clients are losing their health, mind and retirement funds.

They were fined for offering illegal 'insurance' services.

Proven facts. Get out while you can!
Sure are a lot of claims without a lot of facts.
The far-right hosting platform Epik can’t pay any of its users right now
But the bias speaks on your behalf.

Level 4
Reaction score
Sure are a lot of claims without a lot of facts.

But the bias speaks on your behalf.

Guess that's why Icann sent them a breach notice... Because there's a lack of facts... Makes sense...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess that's why Icann sent them a breach notice... Because there's a lack of facts... Makes sense...
Yeah, nice strawman. I'll go build one outside while you explain any one of the following...

In the meantime, you could cite sources from Bill whether it was stolen or acquired through business dealings where he felt like it was stolen as opposed to actually stealing it; create a list of people owed what that amounts to over even $1 million; name the case/docket number and what court it's in; state where they don't have the funds (it's shown to have been paid in full); show which FBI field office has the case and what they're investigating; make a compelling case that they're silencing free speech when they're hosting Gab and Parler; show me a victim of paying money (receipts) and not receiving a product or something to that effect; who's losing domains and why; tell me who is being mentally affected by this, and if there are no other factors involved of their personal lives that could be doing it (current bankruptcy, divorce, child custody case, medical bills, etc.); and which agency fined them and why, and are they fighting the fine or paying it.

You have accusations, but no receipts. So, pardon me if anything in your list is hard to believe.

Level 4
Reaction score
Yeah, nice strawman. I'll go build one outside while you explain any one of the following...

In the meantime, you could cite sources from Bill whether it was stolen or acquired through business dealings where he felt like it was stolen as opposed to actually stealing it; create a list of people owed what that amounts to over even $1 million; name the case/docket number and what court it's in; state where they don't have the funds (it's shown to have been paid in full); show which FBI field office has the case and what they're investigating; make a compelling case that they're silencing free speech when they're hosting Gab and Parler; show me a victim of paying money (receipts) and not receiving a product or something to that effect; who's losing domains and why; tell me who is being mentally affected by this, and if there are no other factors involved of their personal lives that could be doing it (current bankruptcy, divorce, child custody case, medical bills, etc.); and which agency fined them and why, and are they fighting the fine or paying it.

You have accusations, but no receipts. So, pardon me if anything in your list is hard to believe.

I could... You could also just check a simple source, let's say a commonly used domain forum, freely at your disposal with a nice thread, summarising a timeline of events, with direct links to court filings, debts, and what not. You could check twitter, some prominent domainers...

Whatever they've been trying to pull off, it's all out in the open and has been for some time.

Check it out. It's a long read though. Maybe 300 thread pages long, linking to documents not included in the count.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I could... You could also just check a simple source, let's say a commonly used domain forum, freely at your disposal with a nice thread, summarising a timeline of events, with direct links to court filings, debts, and what not. You could check twitter, some prominent domainers...
I'm permanently banned from providing any input there and refuse to give them any traffic, even if the pages are freely viewable to guests, because of that.

So, you'll have to copy and paste each point over here, or I'm going to just assume your entire post is just one big lie to smear a "right-wing" company, whatever you meant by "right-wing". #happypride from a right-wing conservative!

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
I'm permanently banned from providing any input there and refuse to give them any traffic, even if the pages are freely viewable to guests, because of that.

So, you'll have to copy and paste each point over here, or I'm going to just assume your entire post is just one big lie to smear a "right-wing" company, whatever you meant by "right-wing". #happypride from a right-wing conservative!
The stuff you're asking for is literally in the thread you refuse to read.

Let's take one:

"show me a victim of paying money (receipts) and not receiving a product or something to that effect"

Many examples posted in that thread.

Many examples posted in replies in their Twitter account.

Many people pointing this out in their Trust Pilot reviews - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/epik.com

Besides them literally admitting at various places they've failed to do some of the things listed. https://twitter.com/Brianmroyce/with_replies

"You are not wrong, the problems continue, but the team has been successfully solving a few of them. There is no quick fix here. The current team has been working daily to unwind and repair the errors of the past."

"Every day, I come to work and address the monstrous problem of the past."

"Issues created by years of mismanagement take time to fix."

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The stuff you're asking for is literally in the thread you refuse to read.
Indeed.

Unless I am extended the ability to ask questions of accusations that I find questionable, why read them?

A forum is a place to participate. If the participation is denied, then it's just text to read.

A smart person asks questions or at least can question some things objectively, while an idiot reads and takes everything at face value.

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
Indeed.

Unless I am extended the ability to ask questions of accusations that I find questionable, why read them?

A forum is a place to participate. If the participation is denied, then it's just text to read.

A smart person asks questions or at least can question some things objectively, while an idiot reads and takes everything at face value.
Which doesn't change the fact that what you're asking for is there for you to read. Copying and pasting the same stuff doesn't change anything.

And I listed multiple places, not just the forum.

And then, would it really change anything for you? I see your sig:

Start using the Number 1 domain registrar—Epik—today!

Which is a little crazy at this point. Rob made you mod/admin of this forum when Epik/Rob owned it, so obviously you're going to have some loyalty to them. Reread my last post, they're admitting themselves they have issues, that you think doesn't exist. Is Epik lying?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom