Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How many domains do you own? (This should go on forever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
~60

I started buying names back in 1998. Should've started in 1994 when I had the chance. I thought about it, but really didn't see the need to spend $100 to create a website few could see!!! If I only knew then what I know now...lol

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Yes, a lot of people underestimate the potential of .BIZ :)

I must admit, I really didn't like .biz at first. I was beyond angry when ICANN chose .biz over of .web. Now that a few years have passed, I am glad they did. .Web would have become .com's bitch. Kind of like what happened to .net. We needed name-space that was "niche" oriented, different if you will.

The key now is to not so much focus on what TLD will become "popular", but rather we should focus on individual names. Why does www.market.biz make www.market.com look like a "Grocery Market" domain??? Don't get me wrong, Market.com get's many, many more type-in's then it's .biz cousin, however given a good marketing strategy one could easily make a case for it being a "logical" destination for all things "business/market" related.

So there... Who cares if you have a .biz name. I wanna see what's under the hood!! What can it do.

vivnet

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a breakdown? - such as how many crappy domains do you own versus your most coveted ones? - i.e. those you would sell for a dime versus those you are holding out for the most $$$?

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
50, and all of them a lot better than the 50 I had last year thanks to DNF!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just started and I have 10 and growing.

vivnet

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should we break this down? How many .com .net .org .us .info and other lesser knowns i.e.: .cc .ws etc. etc.? You were right! This could go on forever.........

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
10 - .com
2 - .net
3 - .us

vivnet

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk - I think you are on the right track (?) Could others more accomplished comment on this? - my mix is somewhat similar - 550 .com 30 .net and 5 .us plus 20 .org - your thoughts on this are most welcomed!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, no where like your #'s or quality but my collection has just begun. :) Have to start somewhere

vivnet

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are absolutelty right - you have to start somewhere - if it's of any consolation (just kidding) - I'm from Fla. as well (I'm really from Northern Fla) ......Have to start somewhere[/QUOTE]

jdk said:
Well, no where like your #'s or quality but my collection has just begun. :)

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a couple........................................................ :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom