Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How much are 2 number. ca worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
*kicks himself for selling his nn.net and nn.ca's too cheap*

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We didn't get the NN's but we got two others we wanted.

.ca is getting hot - its getting expensive to get decent domain names. Guess in the bigger resale scheme if that is your gig then that is a good thing, for us who look to make something of the name - namely a website of course - it can be a bit frustrating.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maroulis said:
i pre-ordered all 4 x NN and 1 x NNN. I see only 94.ca and 501.ca in the auction although sometimes pool has a delay so it might show tomorrow....

NEWSFLASH. Pool isn't the only drop company in canada.....:horn:

DogFaceBoy said:
What would a LN.ca be worth?

I've always regarded them as worthless although they do seem to go in the drops.

I suppose as the extension matures they'll have more value.

JMO

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
check the whois and see who caught them
61.ca
71.ca
72.ca
Were caught by Sibername on our behalf. They generally don't get around to the transfers till a few days after so look for a whois update next week.

62.ca caught by fastwebserver and is in auction there.

94.ca caught by pool and we are in that auction. This one is heating up very quickly already. 9 bids and up to $575 on an auction that won't close till monday.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DropWizard.com said:
61.ca
71.ca
72.ca
Were caught by Sibername on our behalf. They generally don't get around to the transfers till a few days after so look for a whois update next week.

62.ca caught by fastwebserver and is in auction there.

94.ca caught by pool and we are in that auction. This one is heating up very quickly already. 9 bids and up to $575 on an auction that won't close till monday.

I wanted to use Sibername but here it`s late night/early morning when they close the pre-bids.
How much did you pay for those 3 at Sibername?
Cheers and congrats!!

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hugegrowth said:
it's amazing someone let 5 of them drop like that.

Somebody bought them but failed to get a proper registrant update on them. The renewal emails were going to the old owner's addy. He tells me he sent them on but they weren't renewed so go figure:eek:hwell:

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hugegrowth said:
so if you owned a two number .ca you'd just give it away?
most people can't afford a private jet, but that doesn't mean a jet is worth 'zilch'.

What does your private jet analogy have to do with my comment?? Yes, a private jet has value.....but what does that have to do with a two number .ca domain name???

Let's just say, if I owned a two number .ca, I would more than likely not pay to renew it....unless of course, the domain was converting for me (more than my out of pockets). Also not sure what my comment has to do with affording or not affording....I just attribute little to no value to a random two number, three number or other random number .CA, period.

-Joe

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Joe said:
What does your private jet analogy have to do with my comment?? Yes, a private jet has value.....but what does that have to do with a two number .ca domain name???

Let's just say, if I owned a two number .ca, I would more than likely not pay to renew it....unless of course, the domain was converting for me (more than my out of pockets). Also not sure what my comment has to do with affording or not affording....I just attribute little to no value to a random two number, three number or other random number .CA, period.

-Joe

The fact is you aren't canadian. You obviously have zero idea of the market here so why are you on this thread.

Or perhaps you just like to hear yourself talk:drama:

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or perhaps you just like to hear yourself talk

Perhaps see or hear himself type might have packed a bigger punch...

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DropWizard.com said:
The fact is you aren't canadian. You obviously have zero idea of the market here so why are you on this thread.

Or perhaps you just like to hear yourself talk:drama:

Well if he ever comes across 123.ca or so he can just hand it over to me. I wouldn't complain. :biggrin:

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whitebark said:
Well if he ever comes across 123.ca or so he can just hand it over to me. I wouldn't complain. :biggrin:

ROFLMAO

123.ca is an excellent use of a domain to build a business idea around.

From the whois:

"Selling Online Is As Easy As 123.CA Inc.":cheer2:

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was the original registrant of these..

I tried to sell them, but could barely give them away.

finally I sold them all for maybe a few hundred dollars total and at the time it was a good sale.

Here I was selling them at $50 a piece: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=44865&highlight=94.ca

Funny that everyone is speculating that they are worth more.. granted that was almost 3 years ago.

Personally, I'm worried by all this speculation and illogical increases in prices.

good luck to the bidders

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
I was the original registrant of these..

I tried to sell them, but could barely give them away.

finally I sold them all for maybe a few hundred dollars total and at the time it was a good sale.

Here I was selling them at $50 a piece: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=44865&highlight=94.ca

I'd have bought them in a hearbeat even back then.

NameTower said:
Funny that everyone is speculating that they are worth more.. granted that was almost 3 years ago.

Personally, I'm worried by all this speculation and illogical increases in prices.

good luck to the bidders

I don't know if I would call it speculation I know all our .ca sales have been driven by revenue factors and/or a business that needs something expressing their industry. I don't see that as speculation any more than buying real estate to build an office or a house or buying a bond or term deposit for income. Current market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom