Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to cancel failed transfers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how to cancel at this Moniker joke failed transfers ? I have some "pending" for several month and of course those are not valid anymore, but I do not see any "cancel transfer" button. I see only one useless ridiculous "select all" ticker but there is no action to do - so you can select all domains, or filter some and then - NOTHING, no button, nothing...stupid...

Oh and if someone from Moniker comes here "hey email me the domains I will cancel it" - that's ridiculous solution, totally garage-like...haha Oversee paid so much for this crap...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are too busy peddling domains, including domains they got no approval from owners...

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen this bug also...

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had one that no one will respond to as well. It annoys me to no end. It was a failed transfer that I ended up transferring to another registrar. I still get an email about it every day and can't get it removed.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is still better than the Godaddy style, where they keep your money on failed transfers, and you have to manually ask for a refund.. How ridicolous is that!!!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost everybody complains about thisfor years yet they do nothing aout it. This is so stui bug it must have been done inentionally, they can keep the money, must be thousands of such pending transfers...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost everybody complains about this for years yet they do nothing about it........must be thousands of such pending transfers...

Little doubt there are many 1000s of failed ones in their system after so much time its been an issue.

A long time ago I paid for a transfer but due to a typo error it of course failed. After months of time unable to get it removed from my pending transfer list (supt tickets are not handled and no cancellation button) and getting weary of annoying emails with that failed transfer on the pending transfer list. Would also like a refund too.

This is an absurd situation being complained about in forums for a very long time with nothing being done about it. Why in the world would Moniker want all this bad press and unhappy customers for all this time when it seems like an easy fix :?:

Last edited:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because they just don't care!!!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because they just don't care!!!

But why do they care when it comes to assigning an employee to work with forums and so much time and money on marketing, promotions and sponsoring domain meetings? It seems like the small cost of fixing this long time issue would be insignificant vs eliminating the resulting bad publicity received for so long :?:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Support is just one employee.
She is trying to fix everything and do PR at the same time.
They don't fix anything. They haven't for years now.

And also the answer is inside your question. This is all they do and care for years now: "so much time and money on marketing, promotions and sponsoring domain meetings".

But why do they care when it comes to assigning an employee to work with forums and so much time and money on marketing, promotions and sponsoring domain meetings? It seems like the small cost of fixing this long time issue would be insignificant vs eliminating the resulting bad publicity received for so long :?:

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I understand the frustration of not being able to cancel a transfer whats the big deal about opening a support ticket? I had a failed transfer I noticed back from April, opened a support ticket and the next day it was gone and the money credited to my account. No biggie.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While I understand the frustration of not being able to cancel a transfer whats the big deal about opening a support ticket? I had a failed transfer I noticed back from April, opened a support ticket and the next day it was gone and the money credited to my account. No biggie.
The more domains you buy and sell the more often this happens to you. So over time it really gets frustrating, especially since this is something that should be relatively easy to fix.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I did open a supt ticket but it was never removed aftre waiting more than a month.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a failed transfer I noticed back from April, opened a support ticket and the next day it was gone
INteresting ebcause I opened tickets several times at Moniker and it got NEVER answered. Besides imagine that you would have to open ticket for everything - register domain, change DNS, change whois, push -whatever. How would you like such registrar ?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Besides imagine that you would have to open ticket for everything - register domain, change DNS, change whois, push -whatever. How would you like such registrar ?
Well there is a name for that: registerfly :smilewinkgrin:
Seriously, a registrar cannot claim be the most secure on Earth with so many bugs.

Let's face it, the aftermarket is where the money is while the regular registrar business earns pennies so there is little incentive to provide decent customer service...

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seriously, a registrar cannot claim be the most secure on Earth with so many bugs.

I second that, from first hand experience. Even if they eventually got the domain back, I did get a domain stolen because their system had security-affecting bugs. (Combined with no-security-at-all routines.) It seems more luck than anything else that nothing more serious has happened; In my communications with them in that case I found that they completely lack both basic security thinking, and basic quality thinking. They really need to wake up, and stop sticking their heads in the sand.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have moved xxxx domains in the past year from moniker, and keep moving out.
I sleep better at night.
Even renewals were and are a constant struggle. Yesterday renewals failed again.
They fixed the renewals problem 2 years ago. NOT!!!!!

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks but I’ve sat back long enough…. I didn’t want to post/reply because of the comment Denny had made in his first thread however after reading the following posts, I think it’s time for me to jump in and address it. Please note I’m not looking to get into a posting war nor will I jump back on this tread and defend myself or Moniker. I’m just trying to clear up some of the confusion.

Denny007 – If you have names that were pending transfer in that needed to be cancelled, all you had to do was:

A. Log into your account and under the pending transfer tab, cancel them.

B. Log into your Moniker account and under Moniker Support Center open a help ticket and Client Services would have cancelled the transfers for you.

C. You could have just as easily emailed me directly and I would have done it for you. I know you know how to find me.

Please let me clarify that it’s quite easy to cancel pending transfers in the Moniker system.

BGray – Are you opening a help ticket?

Trader – You stated you opened a help ticket. I cannot believe it wasn’t addressed/answered for a month.

Dvdrip – You know that’s not true! Moniker does care about its clients! What names failed to renew? Did you open a help ticket on this?

Thanks Ohkus!

Gorlov – Moniker has NEVER had a domain stolen! We are the only registrar that has never had their systems hacked!

If anyone is still having issues I ask that you either send me an email directly to [email protected] or open a help ticket inside your Moniker account.

Thanks

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks but I’ve sat back long enough…. I didn’t want to post/reply because of the comment Denny had made in his first thread however after reading the following posts, I think it’s time for me to jump in and address it. Please note I’m not looking to get into a posting war nor will I jump back on this tread and defend myself or Moniker. I’m just trying to clear up some of the confusion.

Denny007 – If you have names that were pending transfer in that needed to be cancelled, all you had to do was:

A. Log into your account and under the pending transfer tab, cancel them.

B. Log into your Moniker account and under Moniker Support Center open a help ticket and Client Services would have cancelled the transfers for you.

C. You could have just as easily emailed me directly and I would have done it for you. I know you know how to find me.

Please let me clarify that it’s quite easy to cancel pending transfers in the Moniker system.

BGray – Are you opening a help ticket?

Trader – You stated you opened a help ticket. I cannot believe it wasn’t addressed/answered for a month.

Dvdrip – You know that’s not true! Moniker does care about its clients! What names failed to renew? Did you open a help ticket on this?

Thanks Ohkus!

Gorlov – Moniker has NEVER had a domain stolen! We are the only registrar that has never had their systems hacked!

If anyone is still having issues I ask that you either send me an email directly to [email protected] or open a help ticket inside your Moniker account.

Thanks
When you click cancel do you get a refund for the failed transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom