Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How to cancel failed transfers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had to cancel a transfer today, didn't see how to ... I don't recall seeing a "pending transfer tab". So I called support and talked to someone who immediately canceled it & credited my account. Next time I'm transferring a domain there, I'll find out whether I can see that tab, I guess (does it only exist if you have pending transfers?).

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gorlov – Moniker has NEVER had a domain stolen! We are the only registrar that has never had their systems hacked!
You mean all other registrars have already been hacked at least once ? That is a frightening thought :)
BTW do Moniker still store passwords in clear in the database ?

PS: thanks for your efforts, it looks like you are the only one person handling the support + the PR. But I think the bugs should be fixed and it shouldn't take a trouble ticket to solve these issues.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You mean all other registrars have already been hacked at least once ? That is a frightening thought :)
BTW do Moniker still store passwords in clear in the database ?

PS: thanks for your efforts, it looks like you are the only one person handling the support + the PR. But I think the bugs should be fixed and it shouldn't take a trouble ticket to solve these issues.

sdsinc

While I appriciate the kudos, I am not the only person handling support. While I do post on this board and try to help clients as best I can, Client Services is staffed 7 days a week and I can assure you we're up to date on help tickets.

I can't speak for any other registrars and/or their systems. I can only speak for Moniker and again, I can assure you that our systems have NEVER been hacked and domains never stolen.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have replied.

Your Denny007 reply-
A. You removed this feature like years ago! Like before you were in the company.

B. Support will reply in a month. If ever. I have tickets that were never ever replied and closed automatically, like anyone in here.

C. Great. So you admit that moniker is a one woman show and that support is crap.

Your Trader reply-
Believe it. It's there. Just open up all unanswered tickets.

My reply-
Of course I didn't contact support because I have to create a ticket, then email you and then if I am very lucky I will get an irrelevant reply in a week.
I prefer to submit renewals again and again until it's done.
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOUR SUPPORT DOES!!! They don't fix anything.

To your Gorlov reply –
Stolen I don't know because you don't need any help!
You hack your own system by having numerous bugs:
Deleting domain that were not expiring for months, control panel showing a domain is renewed when it is not etc...

You want more? Check my other posts over the years.

Sorry folks but I’ve sat back long enough…. I didn’t want to post/reply because of the comment Denny had made in his first thread however after reading the following posts, I think it’s time for me to jump in and address it. Please note I’m not looking to get into a posting war nor will I jump back on this tread and defend myself or Moniker. I’m just trying to clear up some of the confusion.

Denny007 – If you have names that were pending transfer in that needed to be cancelled, all you had to do was:

A. Log into your account and under the pending transfer tab, cancel them.

B. Log into your Moniker account and under Moniker Support Center open a help ticket and Client Services would have cancelled the transfers for you.

C. You could have just as easily emailed me directly and I would have done it for you. I know you know how to find me.

Please let me clarify that it’s quite easy to cancel pending transfers in the Moniker system.

BGray – Are you opening a help ticket?

Trader – You stated you opened a help ticket. I cannot believe it wasn’t addressed/answered for a month.

Dvdrip – You know that’s not true! Moniker does care about its clients! What names failed to renew? Did you open a help ticket on this?

Thanks Ohkus!

Gorlov – Moniker has NEVER had a domain stolen! We are the only registrar that has never had their systems hacked!

If anyone is still having issues I ask that you either send me an email directly to [email protected] or open a help ticket inside your Moniker account.

Thanks

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for my "issue" to be answered ..

jim
Posted via Mobile Device

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Your definition, not mine.
You didn't need to be hacked to get a domain stolen - you did that very well by yourselves, by falling for the oldest scam in the book and having faulty systems where your own operator thought he locked the domain when he didn't - even if it showed locked to him. That you got the domain back, eventually, is irrelevant, even though I'm grateful for that. In the mean time it was stolen, even if you refuse to admit it.
I'm not writing it here to warn others from using Moniker or anything like that, I do it to help you because you need to OPEN YOUR EYES if you want to keep the trust of your customers. But it doesn't seem like ANYONE at Moniker wants to see your service as it really is, and still continues to put your heads in the sand.
What you need, and I have told you that, is a qualified Quality and Security consultant, who not only goes through your systems but also educates your staff in Quality and Security thinking, because you seriously lack that in your internal corporate culture. The only thing your are really good at is PR.
I'm not talking only about Moniker, but the whole Oversee.net system.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YES DomainsInc - when you cancel the transfer the funds are returned to your Moniker account for future use.

Hmm, I still don't see a cancel option. I can select the domain but can't seem to do anything with it. I hit edit, it gives me the option to edit the auth code but thats it. The domains are in 'object does not exist' and 'invalid auth code' transfer status. I suppose I should open a help ticket.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I still don't see a cancel option. I can select the domain but can't seem to do anything with it. I hit edit, it gives me the option to edit the auth code but thats it. The domains are in 'object does not exist' and 'invalid auth code' transfer status. I suppose I should open a help ticket.

This is what I see. There is not a cancel option but there should be. I've had a name pending transfer for over a year.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A. Log into your account and under the pending transfer tab, cancel them.

I must be blind because I do not see it :?: All I see it a way to add or change the auth code.

This is really odd. Where is it?

Last edited:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is NO cancel option and I have no time to waste every time I need to cancel transfer (which should cancel automatically after 5 days at first palce) to open a ticket via slow websupport page then waste more time bumping all the unanswered tickets...if you would not have migrated to Salesforce I could give you numbers of tickets where I kept asking to remove the pending transfers and bumping and no one ever answered me.

Anyway transfered everything out of there long time ago, the last drop was when I was missing a domain and found out that they sold it on Snapnames without me listing it, did not notify me, nothing and later were lying that it never happened before, while I know it hapened to many people and it happened to me twice on buyers side where they were begging me to give them the domain back (and they were begging only because now I transfer everything away from there immediatey after I get it from Snapnames, otherwise they would take it and maybe even not bothered give me money back)...

BTW this thread had already 2 pages, ridiculous attempt to silence complaints...

Another thing is those domain kept in account even after transfered away for years, for .com/.net is trick push it into some "rubbish" account but it does not work for .org, so one account I had to stop using it because there were like 100 uncancellable .org's making mess there

Last edited:

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Come on, Moniker, add that "Cancel" button and we'll all be fine! :)

Think of it this way, if it's your time and not the customers' time you care about: You will then also save lots of your own valuable time in the future, because customers won't have to bother your customer support staff with such minor issues anymore.

It's common sense for me to listen to your customers and implement a function almost everybody badly wants. Why you haven't made it possible to manage transfers, yet?

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what I see. There is not a cancel option but there should be. I've had a name pending transfer for over a year.
That is ridiculous. They should have a person or process to monitor their queue and address the items that have been pending for too long.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My apologies to everyone - especially to you Denny. When I'm wrong, I admit I'm wrong! You're right, there is no cancel button. (I didn't realize when I log into the back end of an account, we don't see the same things)

If anyone has pending transfers that need to be cancelled, you can either send me an email directly with your account # and the list of names you want cancelled or you can open a help ticket inside your account.

Again, my apologies for any confusion.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good..now how about working on my "issue" ??

jim

My apologies to everyone - especially to you Denny. When I'm wrong, I admit I'm wrong! You're right, there is no cancel button. (I didn't realize when I log into the back end of an account, we don't see the same things)

If anyone has pending transfers that need to be cancelled, you can either send me an email directly with your account # and the list of names you want cancelled or you can open a help ticket inside your account.

Again, my apologies for any confusion.
Posted via Mobile Device

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good..now how about working on my "issue" ??

jim

Posted via Mobile Device

Jim - I assure you Carla in Support IS working on your issue. As soon as she has answers for you, she'll be in touch!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bari, can you forward our feature request to the person in charge of such things at Moniker, please? It's just not efficient to contact customer support every time a transfer needs to be canceled. Thanks!

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bari, can you forward our feature request to the person in charge of such things at Moniker, please? It's just not efficient to contact customer support every time a transfer needs to be canceled. Thanks!

I already have dodo1 :smilewinkgrin:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dodo1 they removed it years ago, god knows why.
They are not bringing it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom