Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to do PayPal "Mass Pay" payments and avoid fees. Read and learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I must be missing the point of this - as a UK Business Paypal account holder we pay *nothing* to send someone money, and (as we usually have a cash balance) they pay nothing to recieve it.

Are you all saying in the US you pay fees to *send* money as well ?

if you make non prefunded crossborder transactions, the receiving party will have to pay fees.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for sharing, Stian!

Best,
Rob

sutuicom

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So cool...

Thanks so much

smile

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
awesome thank you for the post :).

btw Can we setup a payment button on our site but using masspay? u know ... the "pay now" button ? so we receive full amount?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use it all the time, but remember..the most you can send is 10k per payment so on bigger deals you have to send a few of them, and it only charges you $1USD each time, this is how parking companies make payments to their customers without you being charged any fee on the receiving end. Good post dude! :eek:k:

BANNEDfromTV

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something with this whole Mass Pay thing?
The person making the payment doesn't pay any fees to send the money. It is the person receiving the money who pays the 4% out of the cash they receive. If the person wants to use Paypal as a form of receiving money then that's their concern and shouldn't be the concern of the individual sending the money.

Or is there something I'm not getting?

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something with this whole Mass Pay thing?
The person making the payment doesn't pay any fees to send the money. It is the person receiving the money who pays the 4% out of the cash they receive. If the person wants to use Paypal as a form of receiving money then that's their concern and shouldn't be the concern of the individual sending the money.

Or is there something I'm not getting?

Many times (imo most of the times), the deals are "buyer pays fees" regardless of payment method. So if paying using "normal" PayPal, the buyer has to add the fees to the payment price, to make the net received by the seller equal to the price of the domain. (Using services such as ppcalc.com to calculate the real amount to pay.)

BANNEDfromTV

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okie dokey. I must have been lucky with my transactions as I have never added on extra to make payment via Paypal and have never been requested to either. I will bear in mind the Mass Payment feature for future reference.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe my account is setup differently, but when I buy something, I pay whatever the agreed up amount is. I've never added fees or even been asked to add them.

And when I'm receiving money, that's when I take the hit. So if I, as a merchant or individual, accept PayPal from anyone, I lose a couple points and hopefully have built a little extra in the original price/fee to minimize my hit.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe my account is setup differently, but when I buy something, I pay whatever the agreed up amount is. I've never added fees or even been asked to add them.

And when I'm receiving money, that's when I take the hit. So if I, as a merchant or individual, accept PayPal from anyone, I lose a couple points and hopefully have built a little extra in the original price/fee to minimize my hit.

That's why you want the buyer to use mass pay. It doesn't make any difference to the buyer, but it makes a big difference to you, as you won't have the 4% fee deducted from your incoming payment.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried it, but the money was still at the bank, and it did not let me upload the funds from there to finish it, I am now having to wait a few days to finish the payment...

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried it, but the money was still at the bank, and it did not let me upload the funds from there to finish it, I am now having to wait a few days to finish the payment...

You can only use mass pay if you are paying with available PayPal balance.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great Thread Stian. Thanks

Pharaoh

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks Stian, great thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom