Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How to handle DNF member non-payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WebCat, did you read THIS?

Originally posted by JuniperPark

... Android demonstrates knowledge that he has done something wrong by failing to respond to his offer's acceptance, TWICE. His nonsense excude about being "too busy" falls by the wayside because 1) The message tracker shows he DID read my PMs and 2) He made several public posts during this period and 3) He posted again in the "wanted" forum ASKING people to PM him.....

BTW, It must be really embarrasing to be caught in a lie by DNF's message tracker, huh Android?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Wrong. You make an offer and MENTION THE PRICE YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY, you are 100% liable to buy it.

This makes no sense. Think about it.

I'm not sure how many domain transactions you've engage in, but offers aren't "concrete". Unless I've marked "Sold" or in some way suggested payment for the domain is on it's way I'm sorry but there is NO DEAL. NADA, ZIP, Nothing!!

Take this free advice JP---Move on. More harm is being done to your reputation, then the other way around.

--Peace

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark:

it's amusing that you quote your own twisted logic to justify yourself.

and yes, i'm embarrased beyond description - humiliated in fact - that i've been caught in this scandal!!

how old are you?

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Android
JuniperPark:
how old are you?
How old someone is, is slightly less important than how old they act!

By the way, I'm taking my marbles and going home 'cause Billy called me a Bobo Head!

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark

all i can say is...

big deal

if this was $5000 or even $500 maybe this would be a different story

assuming he says "Would you take $50 for the name"

generally speaking you would say back "Yeah, I would"

then he would say sold "SOLD"

thats how it works on sedo for example

even when those are real formal offers unlike someone simply trying to find the price.

don't expect anything unless that four letter word is there "SOLD"

and who cares!!

$50

jeez cmon!

- NT

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If this was moved to the Legal forum, we'd likely get a more definitive comment from one of the lawyers.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
If this was moved to the Legal forum, we'd likely get a more definitive comment from one of the lawyers.

lawyers?

if we don't get a good answer in the legal forum, then we probably should elevate this to the supreme court. i mean, it's definately important enough.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nametower: If someone can't act ethicly in a $50 deal, they CERTAINLY aren't going to become more ethical in a $5000 deal.

Perhaps a better question than 'how old are you' is 'have you ever taken a business law class'? They used to be required, I'm guessing they're not based on what I've seen here.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a better question than 'how old are you' is 'have you ever taken a business law class'? They used to be required, I'm guessing they're not based on what I've seen here.
:p :laugh: :cheeky: :laugh: :p

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wrong. You make an offer and MENTION THE PRICE YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY, you are 100% liable to buy it.

This is absolutely 100% wrong. At this point Android would have to follow through with his intent to purchase by letting you know. The fact that he didn't holds him to nothing. His liability is zero, either legally or ethically. I am very sorry that you feel wronged by this, but the fact remains that this offer was only initiated, and simply not consumated by Android's failure to follow through. The fact that he "mentioned" an offer is not grounds for a sale. I am willing to buy a lot of things that doesn't mean I am going to! Your logic here is extremely clouded, and the fact that you keep trying to justify your reasoning is just plain not worth the effort. Android, if I were you, just sit back and read this and laugh, don't even bother to respond anymore.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO it is very sad that this situation ever arose - a simple "sorry I've changed my mind", or "okay thanks but I don't want it" would have prevented this.
The comment could have been made after the acceptance of the "offer" was PM'd or when the follow-up PM was received - it simply wasn't in the spirit of what we do here to simply ignore JuniperPark.
It's probably also worth reminding ourselves that JuniperPark originally posted to ask for advice on what he should do - he didn't name Android, Android named himself.
I hope that we can move on from this now and perhaps all remind ourselves that courtesy, communication and good manners cost nothing and go along way towards keeping the peace and maintaining good business and personal relations.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname

I hope that we can move on from this now and perhaps all remind ourselves that courtesy, communication and good manners cost nothing and go along way towards keeping the peace and maintaining good business and personal relations.

just add "common sense" to the above and i'm 100% with you.

M

mole

Originally posted by Android
just add "common sense" to the above and i'm 100% with you.

I cannot agree more, droid. If you haven't already experienced, business life is full of surprisingly hard and cruel knocks and don't expect the Fairy Godmother of so-called "ethics" and "fairness" to bail you out like you were the chosen one and had a god given right.

Common sense, imho, is about maturity that only hard experience brings, if only so your mind becomes more emphatic to human nature.

Never return a wrong for a wrong (perceived or otherwise), because it only just goes to show the weakness of the spiritual fortitude you are made up of.

- Eastern beliefs, Budhha.

Easier said than done

- mole

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Spoken like a true gentleman!

I second the motion. All in favor, don't post anymore. :wink:

WebCat

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNMole

Easier said than done

- mole

I heard that before from someone else. You sure that you circa that to yourself :-D

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yadayadayada.

This thread receives "Most wasted space on DNF" award of the month.

I mean how many times did i receive an inquiry by email about a domain where someone offered me thisnthat money for my domain and after replying to them accepting their offer never heard back from them.

That's just normal (and perfectly ok) business life.

Get over it, move on.

Geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom