Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I can't stand to read the 4 sale any longer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry
Ok
The advertising of DNs for sale that are blatant theft of trademarked names has taken its toll on me personally to the extent that I can no longer read the for sale forum at all

Disneyland... .com seemd a novelty
Microsoft...... .com got me going
Poker........ .com made me squirm
SalvationArmy.........com was the last stroke.
Enough already. I can't stomach it any more.

Yeah yeah yeah, I am sure the are logical arguments in favour of these names.
It is just a personal view of mine that there are easier ways to make money from DNs than theft of trademarks

Domain Days 2024

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have some TM'ed Domains you want to get rid off send me a PM ;-)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are Domainers and there are Squatters.

The first are a proud little group conducting a legitimate business.

The second are slimeballs that profit by the misdirection of traffic (theft) and sadly stink up the Domainer industry. You'll find both on this forum.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The latter kind appears to be amateur teenagers that usually frequent other forums.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:

What a phony comment. Domainers started by being squatters. It's in the very definition of their job description. You squat the moment you obtain a domain that you have no legitimate interest in, or no intention of developing. That you chose to naively dream otherwise and distinct between the two with a clear demarcation line just shows the level of your hypocracy. Whether you own DisnetyChennel.com or GatewayComputers.com you are the squatter, plain and simple. (and you know that most "respected domaineers" own the second like-kinds)

Stocdoctor said:
The second are slimeballs that profit by the misdirection of traffic (theft) and sadly stink up the Domainer industry. You'll find both on this forum.

Yes you will. Some of the people you supposely most admire on this forum and in the "industry" are the slimeballs according to your designation. In fact you appear to be the slimeball yourself because you too hold the names that really have no business of having (oh but you just holding them until the rightful owners contact you and send you the thank you note for you "charity work" !? http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=120348 )

Enough already with that false holier-than-thou nonsencical crap.

JohnGBUK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But hang on a minute....
YOU are advertising e61.net for and make the comment in your advert that the name is the same as a Nokia phone. So, if you are against the use of trade mark infringement and IP rights, why do you make that comment then, is it necesary to make the reference to Nokia in your advert?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JohnGBUK said:
But hang on a minute....
YOU are advertising e61.net for and make the comment in your advert that the name is the same as a Nokia phone. So, if you are against the use of trade mark infringement and IP rights, why do you make that comment then, is it necesary to make the reference to Nokia in your advert?

You should clarify you are referring to JOEMART, the father of this thead, a scumbucket cybersquatter. :-O

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JOEMART said:
Sorry
Ok
The advertising of DNs for sale that are blatant theft of trademarked names has taken its toll on me personally to the extent that I can no longer read the for sale forum at all

Disneyland... .com seemd a novelty
Microsoft...... .com got me going
Poker........ .com made me squirm
SalvationArmy.........com was the last stroke.
Enough already. I can't stomach it any more.

Yeah yeah yeah, I am sure the are logical arguments in favour of these names.
It is just a personal view of mine that there are easier ways to make money from DNs than theft of trademarks

And what are you complaining about? Your comments are the ultimate hypocrisy of the highest order because you yourself have invested in stocks with public company that TM cybersquats and typosquats as part of their legitimate "business plan". After all, isn't a personal view of yours "that there are easier ways to make money from DNs than theft of trademarks"?

http://arbiter.wipo.int/cgi-bin/domains/search/CaseCatReport?case=D2002-1156
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2004/d2004-0993.html
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2002/d2002-1156.html
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2005/d2005-0673.html
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2005/d2005-0527.html
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2004/d2004-1018.html
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2004/d2004-0459.html
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2005/d2005-0882.html

Etc...

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
Domainers started by being squatters.
What are you smoking to come up with that bull?
You squat the moment you obtain a domain that you have no legitimate interest in, or no intention of developing. That you chose to naively dream otherwise and distinct between the two with a clear demarcation line just shows the level of your hypocracy. Whether you own DisnetyChennel.com or GatewayComputers.com you are the squatter, plain and simple
Cybersquatting or TM typosquatting are NOT the action of a Domainer, they are the actions of a Squatter.I don't nor wouldn't own the names you quoted as they would be a clear cut case of slimeballism dude.
In fact you appear to be the slimeball yourself because you too hold the names that really have no business of having
Not true, but I have picked up TM names and returned them to their rightful owners without more than a letter of thanks. You on the other hand think it's ok to misdirect traffic from it's intended TM destination. That is defined as Squatting. What's worse is that you think it's ok to be a theif. How did you come to select Sasquatch as your screen name?

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm...While I do think the OP is a hypocrite I do think what he says has truth in it. Personally I feel I am a professional domainer. I also think it's a fine line between squatting and domaining. I think PPC is ridden with TM squatters. I personally don't register any trademark names only to park them. I have names like nintendodsforums.com which I develop into a community. If Nintendo came after me I feel I am using the domain with fair use and would be able to fight them. IMHO if you have a domain that presented with a WIPO fight you would just give it up...then you are squatting. I would fight for every one of the domains I had.

Joe it seems like you are having a bad day and judging by the direction of this thread it's about to get worse. Let's try not to beat up on OP too much. We all flip out and say foolish things at times. Joe if you really feel the way you do then fine...take the high road, cleanse your soul, and start the preaching. I don't think too many will really listen but you do what makes you feel good inside and screw the rest.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
What are you smoking to come up with that bull?Cybersquatting or TM typosquatting are NOT the action of a Domainer, they are the actions of a Squatter.I don't nor wouldn't own the names you quoted as they would be a clear cut case of slimeballism dude. Not true, but I have picked up TM names and returned them to their rightful owners without more than a letter of thanks. You on the other hand think it's ok to misdirect traffic from it's intended TM destination. That is defined as Squatting. What's worse is that you think it's ok to be a theif. How did you come to select Sasquatch as your screen name?

You are so full of it it's beyond ridiculous.

Nowhere did I state it was ok to cyphon the traffic from other people's names. What I did was call into question your hypocrisy because you just implied that majority people (including probably some of your friends) on this board are slimeballs, but you didn't have balls to tell them that into their face.

And as I said, even the greatest "domainers" today are unquestionably and ocassionally TM squatters, and that includes everybody: ULT, Name Admin, Buy Domains, MrsJello, Webfather, Dcg and pretty much everybody else including the public companies like Marchex, major registrars and drop catchers who hold TM-related names in their portfolios, and who publicly auction TM-related names all the time! The whole industry was/is built on squatting foundations in its very core, and you simply can't separate the good squatting from bad without getting into lengthy issues that are anything but so simple and clear as you make them to be.

But you avoid to challenge that point because it's not very convenient to your apparent vision and understanding of the world which seems appropriately divided into two halves: black and white.

You are unreal.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The sasquatch is an imaginary beast. Just like bigfoot and the Lochness monster.

Care to tell us why you've edited out all your past sales threads, sasq?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
Care to tell us why you've edited out all your past sales threads, sasq?

What does that has to do with the topic or the issue raised by the initiators and hardballs of this thread??

If you can't argue the point at hand, don't be a runaway baby and make one up. That's a strategy of someone who can't win anything.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Getting hot there, sasq? I eat my turkey cold, btw.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JohnGBUK said:
But hang on a minute....

Good point John
I have no answer to your question
Guess that I am doing exactly the same thing as ppl who sell DNs like Microsoft....... .com and SalvationArmy.......com
No difference whatsoever
I just can't understand why ppl advertising DNs like Microsoft....... .com and SalvationArmy.......com annoys me so much, to the point that I don't even want to browse the 4 sale listings any more
Because I am doing exactly the same thing by drawing attention to the fact that one of my DNs shares a model number with Nokia. And that doesn't bother me at all. Yet there is no difference.

Maybe I need to reflect on my own ethical business standards for a while

Anyway John, thanks for drawing my attention to my own hypocrisy.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:

The first are a proud little group conducting a legitimate business.

Dunno Doc. That seems too simple.
Squatting to me includes a whole bunch of activity that appears to be legit.
There are certainly proud squatters
Whereas Microsoftblahblah.com isn't really squatting. Gates wouldn't want it anyway. It is just blatant theft.

I know that there a defintely 2 types of people in the world.
There are those that think there are 2 types of people in the world and there are those that do not think that there are 2 types of people in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom