Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I Have a Buyer for a domain? now how do i proceed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive got a decent offer on a domain and now Im not really sure what to do next.
I want to go through paypal, but should i have the buyer transfer the money to my account first? Im not really sure how this is done because Ive never sold a domain before. Any advice?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
get the money first , if the buyer insists on anything else then tell them you will use escrow.com and split the fee on the escrow , both protected that way, good luck with your sale!

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the money is not too much and the buyer trust you,then you can let he pay you money by payapl first.Otherwise,you can use escrow.com,or other escrow services,like:
sedo.com,afternic.com.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly, my rule of thumb $500 or less use paypal, anything more go through escrow.com.

* NOTE - just be aware that buyers can dispute and retract their paypal payments for weeks after they have paid leaving them with the domain and you with nothing. Just something to think about. I only say this because it happened during an escrow transaction. The buyer paid escrow through paypal, I transfered the name to them, he accepted the transfer, then disputed the charge with paypal to withdraw the funds back out of escrow. Just a word of warning about that little loophole. If you don't feel comfortable at all, just use escrow, more than likely they'd honor the funds payable to you even if they get screwed.

guiwang said:
If the money is not too much and the buyer trust you,then you can let he pay you money by payapl first.Otherwise,you can use escrow.com,or other escrow services,like:
sedo.com,afternic.com.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and maybe some day dnforum.com will set up an escrow company as i have suggested before and make the whole process a little easier and definitely better for sellers.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey thanks for the replies. Its only a 75$ sale, but i was looking at sedo and they only take 3%. so that sounded pretty good, but ill also check out escrow.com and the others
thannks

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A question to those of you who recommended escrow for over $500 transactions - why is that? Is it safer somehow?

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey thanks for the replies. Its only a 75$ sale, but i was looking at sedo and they only take 3%. so that sounded pretty good, but ill also check out escrow.com and the others
thannks

For 75$ just use paypal, tell them when funds are in the account, you will push the name to their account.

Never push a domain w/o payment, is my motto.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They will feel alot safer and more comfy paying you if you invoice them for the sale using paypal...just go into your account and use the "request money" tab, choose "QUASI-CASH" for the payment and basically they are just giving you cash and they CANNOT dispute that payment (little trick a dude at paypal told me years back)
Put the domain sale info in the "invoice" and paypal mails it to them, then they have proof they are buying the name from you and you have a receipt on file with paypal, I use this everytime and its flawless and the buyer is protected and so are you, obviously if you didnt give them the name they have a recourse since they have evidence they paid you for it and thats what the payment was going towards! :)
Hope this helps....smoke one!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom