Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

I won 2 Godaddy Domain Auctions... now they are GONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won 2 domains at auction today... even saw the AUCTION CLOSED sign alongh with "High Bidder" on the WATCHED screen.

Then..... nothing.

They are not on my WON list. They are not on my DIDN'T WIN list... or any other list. Not in my cart. Not for sale again. Just GONE.

It's been 2 hours, I've re-checked all screens, and nothing.

I opened a support ticket...we'll see what they say.

:(

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They might have been reclaimed by the original owner. The ones like that I've had literally disappear without a trace. It has usually happened to me after I already paid for the names - they did issue refunds each time though.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but BOTH of them?

At the very moment the auction ended?

Nah...

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Juniper, did you ever get these names?
I have one today that did the same thing as the two you mentioned.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I just (today) heard back from Godaddy. They said both domains had a reserve that was not met.

1) Perhaps I missed it, but I did NOT see a "reserve not met" message on the bid screens

2) I still have the "you are high bidder " emails. The do NOT say reserve was not met!

3) As I recall, as you bid, your max bid is the "current" bid until reserve is met. That did NOT happen here. In fact, it has to work that way... suppose the reserve is $500. I proxy bid $600, next lowest bidder bids $400. Auction ends. I should WIN the auction for $500, shouldn't I?

4) The auction results are GONE. They should be in the "Didn't Win" list. They aren't.

very very strange.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just submitted a ticket for the one I have. It was an expired auction, so any talk of a reserve will be pure nonsense.

The "didn't win" list is worthless anyway. It has all the names I won included also :)

update - several hours later it showed up for purchase and appears to be going as normal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom