Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

iedb.com - need help now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpbug

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They told me to confirm in writing that I am going to turn the domain over to them.

How can they claim their mark is being diluted when I don't even have a functional site at the domain name? The only thing that's currently at the domain name is the design. None of the links work.

Also, the site isn't even going to be similar to their site. My site is going to be a repository for listing reviews. It's going to average review scores from major video game and movie review sites.

BTW, I wrote them back myself because I'm going out of town for a few days. Can I post the letter here?

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jumpbug said:
How can they claim their mark is being diluted when I don't even have a functional site at the domain name? The only thing that's currently at the domain name is the design. None of the links work.

The design or content hardly matters. It's how you're using it that does.

jumpbug said:
Also, the site isn't even going to be similar to their site. My site is going to be a repository for listing reviews. It's going to average review scores from major video game and movie review sites.

You may see it that way. But Amazon's attorneys don't.

All the more reason why you'll need to retain an attorney...if you'll fight it.

jumpbug

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm going to fight it. I don't like being pushed around. I think I have a good case, although I don't really know much about this stuff. If you think I have a good case or bad case, would you please respond with:
Verdict: Good Case
or
Verdict: Bad Case

That would be quite helpful to me, thanks.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jumpbug,

Howard has already given you a quick opinion.

If you haven't started working with another lawyer (which I doubt since you are
discussing it here), I would suggest you hire Howard immediately to assist you.

I feel you have a potentially valuable website. And, if you feel the same way. Then, defend it.

And, the first thing any lawyer will tell his client, is to stop discussing it here.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jumpbug- attorneys most always overstate their client's position.

What I mean is that Amazon.com likely does *not* have a legitimate right to your domain name, but unless you're prepared to spend lots of $$$ you'll likely be forced to relinquish the domain eventually :(

Don't be corresponding with them at all - much of what you tell them WILL be used against you in ways you'd never imagine. Trademarks is a very arcane area of the law - either hire an attorney pronto or relinquish the domain to Amazon; delete it.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom