Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

'invalid clicks'

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your example is false.

OK then. How about a solicitor from a marketing firm buys some discounted hp ink that he/she is promotin and selling for his/her own printer? I heard that this is allowed though. :)

You have a string of advertisers, all connected with eachother and they allow you to bypass rule #1 - never click on your own ads.

If I am the advertiser, I would be more than happy to accept those clicks too. Rule #0 - profit first! Click 1 trillion times if you want. I will pay for every single one of them plus bonus if 80% of the time you buy stuff and make the clicks well profittable. This rule #1 is simply stupid without adding the condition about the intend of click.

I think that's click fraud and fraud at the PPC provider level as well. It's a shame you don't have Donny's PM permitting this anymore.

It's ok, I do not think the rule has changed.

Talking about Click Fraud, why do you think it's bad? It's not just because you say it's bad then it's not good. What's the reason behind it? Well, the most common explaination would be low conversion rate renders the clicks not being profittable. As a result, the advertisers do not want to even maintain the current RPC and that affects the revenue of every domain using related keyword and the parking companies in general. However, if the clicks do convert, and they convert very well, the base of Click Fraud no longer stands. Like I have asked, why would GoDaddy prohibits me from clicking on their adv to make more money than not doing so?
OK, let's say you are promoting the sale of one of your domains on my site. You have a BIN of 1 mil. In 12 months, there has not been anyone interested. 12 months later, I decide to buy it for 1 mil through the affiliate link on my site under the condition that you will pay me for the commission. Would you hold the domain forever or pay me the commission and make that 1 mil sale? Keep in mind that you will pay the commission nevertheless.
And what if I own a giant marketing company that promotes every food on earth? I've starved to death if I am prohibited from buying stuff through my own network.

trlg

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please take into account that there are many domainers buy and sell domains less than $3.

huh? could u clarify that? u means domains can actually be bought at that price?

NeeJam

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its called Click Fraud. Don't do it. - Answer to the original thread question.

huh? could u clarify that? u means domains can actually be bought at that price?

Yes .info's can be regged under $3. However you can find yourself being able to purchase .com's and .net's etc for $3 on forums etc.

trlg

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
(re less than $3) ok, guys, thanks for the answers! I thought that AlienGG, u might be referring to actually buying from registrars... But trading at that price... that's interesting!

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
(re less than $3) ok, guys, thanks for the answers! I thought that AlienGG, u might be referring to actually buying from registrars... But trading at that price... that's interesting!

I was not referring to buying from registrars.
When you see domain wanted threads with "CHEAP" on the title, you can just tell yourself that the buyer is looking for something that's $0 to $3.

OK Guys, have fun. I'm gonna head to bed now.
Too bad I will have to send my laptop to the manufacturer for a new motherboard. I will be using someone else's computer for about a month. Sad...
Cya guys.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My policy has always been the same. If you are really buying something like around Mother's Day, special occasions not everyday, I don't see a problem with clicking out on one link. No matter what remember we know you are doing it and I actually get a report on it everyday. I'm sure my report will increase some tomorrow and decrease some tomorrow based on this post.

Some parking companies consider even one click to be fraud. Sometimes it is fraud and sometimes it's legit. If you come in and click on "mesothelioma", then don't be surprised if we show you the door. And I could possibly just ban you from searching/clicking on your domains.

I hope this makes sense.

Donny

trlg

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My policy has always been the same. If you are really buying something like around Mother's Day, special occasions not everyday, I don't see a problem with clicking out on one link. No matter what remember we know you are doing it and I actually get a report on it everyday. I'm sure my report will increase some tomorrow and decrease some tomorrow based on this post.

Some parking companies consider even one click to be fraud. Sometimes it is fraud and sometimes it's legit. If you come in and click on "mesothelioma", then don't be surprised if we show you the door. And I could possibly just ban you from searching/clicking on your domains.

I hope this makes sense.

Donny
hey this is cool! thanks for personally stopping by to explain this policy urself... :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

I hope this makes sense.

Donny

No Donny, it makes no sense whatsoever. You're acting as the ultra-sensitive about click fraud and yet you set the wrong example by saying "it's ok" to click on ads displayed on domains at Parked. So what about a click on each domain every day? I am sure every day would be a reason for some industry to celebrate something; not just Mother's day.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex - Think outside of the Sedo box. Have you ever heard of somebody trusting you or their partners? Or do you only think that people are trying to shove large objects up your keester?

I trust you not to click on your own domains, if you do once in a while, I expect that you were doing it for a reason especially with the intent to purchase something. But as I said before we keep track of all clicking that is done by our partners in more ways than one. For example this morning somebody decided it was a good idea to have a second account and then click out on their first account from the information we had on their second account. I trust all of our partners, if they break that trust they can come and join the "Why did Donny terminate my account" thread.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What an oxymoron; first you say your trust comes in following the paradigm:

"All clicks are considered fraudulent unless proven otherwise"

Then you break your own rule by permitting clicks that are by definition fraudulent. So Mother's day might be a bad day for advertisers that display ads on Parked pages as I am sure lots of people will take advantage of your explicit permission. Then there is memorial day coming up, then Father's day coming up in June, then the 4th of July etc.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why don't you click a few times on the 2 domains you have with us and see what happens?

Donny

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What a..........&*$$^& LOL

You still don't get it man. If you really buy stuff from the link you click, it's no longer a fraud. It's actually way better than regular visitors' clicks as 95% of the time you buy stuff. For me, I buy multiple products for each click which makes it better than any click ever. Why is making money for the advertiser considered a fraud? I'm sure they want my money :). :shy:

Also, my purchases are very easy to prove. I parked the domains at Parked.com right after I bought them. Time for you to get realistic, man.

What an oxymoron; first you say your trust comes in following the paradigm:

"All clicks are considered fraudulent unless proven otherwise"

Then you break your own rule by permitting clicks that are by definition fraudulent. So Mother's day might be a bad day for advertisers that display ads on Parked pages as I am sure lots of people will take advantage of your explicit permission. Then there is memorial day coming up, then Father's day coming up in June, then the 4th of July etc.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Why don't you click a few times on the 2 domains you have with us and see what happens?

Donny

I don't click on my domains. If that's what you encourage others to do, that explains a lot about the revenue "estimates" that suddenly turn into low payments. I am sure Yahoo sees those patterns that you permit others to follow.

trlg

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why is making money for the advertiser considered a fraud? I'm sure they want my money :). :shy:

that's the reason they advertise in the first place!!! :cheeky:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What a..........&*$$^& LOL

You still don't get it man. If you really buy stuff from the link you click, it's no longer a fraud.

So can I click on several links that display relevant ads in order to get the best deal? I like to shop around. What do you think? Out of say, 20 links I would click on at least 10 to get the best price or best product.

The bottom line is: the end does not justify the means.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So can I click on several links that display relevant ads in order to get the best deal? I like to shop around. What do you think? Out of say, 20 links I would click on at least 10 to get the best price or best product.

The bottom line is: the end does not justify the means.

It doesn't work the same way when you are a publisher. Your IP is automatically on the "red list". Remember you are NOT a regular visitor.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's not as simple as it seems. I am shocked by the way Donny tries to simplify this. As for the IP, I like using my PC, my laptop, my mobile. All use different providers. How would that work?

See, once you open up Pandora's box all sorts of evil things creep out. That's why it's important to do as you preach.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex - If you have an account with us, I know who you are. I know which computers you have used. I know which accounts you have logged into. Even when you delete your cookies, our system just continues to track you. We do the same thing with the surfers as well, we track and monitor for anything abnormal.

Most partners who abuse our system don't use their same computer to try to commit fraud, they use some bot. Which unfortunately for them we have learned how to stop most of the bots at this point.

Donny

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One argument in support of AlienGG and Donny is that it shouldn't really matter for godaddy where the click has come from if it leads to a sale. I do the same via google.com directly for example. I suppose many others do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom