Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

'invalid clicks'

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. It's really simple.
1. GoDaddy pays $5 for a click of a random visitor to suffer a 50:50 chance to make a sale, and another high risk that the sale may not be over $2 (.info).
2. GoDaddy pays $5 for a click of mine to get a 100% chance of making a sale, and 90% chance of making $800 out of the $5 expense.
Which one would Bob Parsons choose?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sounds like selling coffins at a funeral, Alien.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. It's really simple.
1. GoDaddy pays $5 for a click of a random visitor to suffer a 50:50 chance to make a sale, and another high risk that the sale may not be over $2 (.info).
2. GoDaddy pays $5 for a click of mine to get a 100% chance of making a sale, and 90% chance of making $800 out of the $5 expense.
Which one would Bob Parsons choose?

You're thinking about to simply. GoDaddy advertises to try to find new customers. It's OK to work at a loss when you are developing new accounts. Giving up margin on existing customers could be a different story. Not saying that I know for sure. But you are assuming a few things that may not be true when you decide which would Bob Parsons choose.

And now you are encouraging people to open a Parked account, pretty much based on this idea that they will be clicking their own domains. Hopefully Donny will recognize what is happening here and put a stop to it before he has a whole new situation to deal with. If he doesn't, he will deserve what he gets.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've already shutdown two new accounts we got from yesterday based on this. I'm sure I'll find some more before the day is over.

Donny

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You're thinking about to simply. GoDaddy advertises to try to find new customers. It's OK to work at a loss when you are developing new accounts. Giving up margin on existing customers could be a different story. Not saying that I know for sure. But you are assuming a few things that may not be true when you decide which would Bob Parsons choose.

And now you are encouraging people to open a Parked account, pretty much based on this idea that they will be clicking their own domains. Hopefully Donny will recognize what is happening here and put a stop to it before he has a whole new situation to deal with. If he doesn't, he will deserve what he gets.

If I were Bob Parsons, I would choose both. What you said was paradox. GoDaddy wants new accounts and long tail and they depend on the long tail to make the most out of those account, but, according to you, they are giving up big client who comes back to them.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The problem is, you can't enforce a rule while allowing exceptions - be it verbal or via PM. It just does not look good of a practice.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The problem is, you can't enforce a rule while allowing exceptions

Of course that's perfectly fine. Even civil & criminal laws allow exceptions, why not rules like these? Allowing exceptions doesn't imply the rules are not strick though. It's just more fair & reasonable.

be it verbal or via PM. It just does not look good of a practice.

He sent me a PM because I asked him over PM.
Someone posted here so he replied publicly.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny, why would you even want accounts that need to click on their own ads? It's just bad business form to blur the lines like that. If you crack the door someone will push it as far open as they can, and then blame you when they get in trouble. I reember when we allowed casual Friday at the office. Most people understood that casual meant jeans, pull-over shirt, leather shoes. Then eventually some admin starts showing up pretty much in their pajamas from the night before.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is nothing in any contract I have seen by Yahoo or Google that says person A can not click on their on domain. This is something that was created by parking companies long before I was around. But if I was looking to buy my wife a birthday present that was a silver fleur de lis pendant where would I go to find that? I would personally go to Yahoo or Google search and click. But on many occasions I have thought to myself, why can't we get part of that instead of just letting Yahoo or Google get 100%.

Now you may not agree with me, but let me explain that out of our many thousands of accounts yesterday we had 8 that clicked on one of their own domains. And as I mentioned 2 were terminated. So we are talking about a very small amount of people that are doing this.

Donny

Somebody mentioned to me that I really should have a standard rule for clicks on your own domains. We do have one but it's for internal use only. So let's say you are allowed 1 click per 1,000 domains every 3 days. Anything more than that and you risk termination.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom