Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

invitation to domainsponsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't receive my invitation, maybe not good enough.

Good luck.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its strange that you were having issues with Google and DomainSponsor at the same time

I would deduce that Google had a problem with TrafficClub. And they were the ones put pressure on DomainSponsor?

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is int skenzo also using a google feed since last month, so why did this problem effect only domain sponsor?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
we were notified by our largest upstream PPC provider that we were to immediately terminate our participation in TrafficClub. We quickly notified TC and apprised them of the situation.

I would like to see the notice from your "upstream provider" since all we have is your word that this happened.

I'm having a real problem with the fact that you contacted TC's customers, your intent was clearly to recruit TC's customers over to DS, and you did it without permission from TC, I don't see how you can justify this, what you did was deliberate and very underhanded in my opinion.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the notice from your "upstream provider" since all we have is your word that this happened.

I'm having a real problem with the fact that you contacted TC's customers, your intent was clearly to recruit TC's customers over to DS, and you did it without permission from TC, I don't see how you can justify this, what you did was deliberate and very underhanded in my opinion.

The TC customers were already DS customers too so where is the need for permission?

As far as only having DS word about the upstream provider, knowledge of what went on at other companies that didn't involve DS confirms it. If you log in to TC you will see the same upstream provider affected TC in another way not involving DS

Reaction score
TrafficClub was not in any violation of Google's terms of service. The issue was from a company that claimed that they had a google and a yahoo feed and that is what upset google. Trafficclub was a run of google network and the feeds were already google feeds. DomainSponsor chose to cut off trafficclub earlier than our other partners and some partners have chosen to stay. Their email to our customers was a direct solicitation to take our customer's business direct as they feared they would loose them all together.

Obviously we were not going to let our customers landing pages and revenue go blank so the "DS savior of the customer" statement could not be farther from the truth.

The proper move would have been to develop a transition plan together to best place customers and protect their interest. That of course was not the intent of DS as they were mining domain data for days in preparation for the email blast. In addition, when I was actually solicited myself two nights ago, I requested and demanded that the email campaign be retracted and stopped and was told that would happen. Of course the email campaign ran its course to thousand + customers through out yesterday where every admin, tech, and billing contacts for every domain name in trafficclub were sent their email.

Ron Sheridan is/was fully aware of what occurred here as we discussed it in great detail two nights ago where he admitted his disappointment that management decided to allow the campaign to go out even though we have years of partnership history together.

GREED:

1. excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves

2. reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The TC customers were already DS customers too so where is the need for permission?

I'm a TC customer and never opened an account with DS, so why did I receive the same emails?

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm a TC customer and never opened an account with DS, so why did I receive the same emails?

My mistake RaiderGirl, I didn't realize you just used the Google for Adsense and Skenzo feeds. Sorry

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ron Sheridan is/was fully aware of what occurred here as we discussed it in great detail two nights ago where he admitted his disappointment that management decided to allow the campaign to go out even though we have years of partnership history together.

GREED:

1. excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves

2. reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth (personified as one of the deadly sins)

Wow ths is getting real hot here.... well lloks like this has got a bit way out of hand to me. But the "customers" should benefit, when all settles down.. let's hope it's the case.

DSRon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
re: :grouphug: "Let's hug it out, bitch!" -- Ari Gold, Entourage

:yes:

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so as im new to all this do i just leave my domains at traffic club and let everything sort itself out? there all not approved do i have to do anything with this?

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you want to use one of the partners that left, you need to move your domains to them directly.

owenw

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had 2 domains that performed really well with TC's Google feed. Any ideas on who to use now? They don't do well with DS or Skenzo feeds. Thanks.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm checking dailychanges.com often and expected to see a good number of domains moved from TC to DS due to this unfortunate change. At least those domains of TC clients which were performing better with DS feed.
Most domainers have accounts with both DS, TC etc. anyway.
I was mistaken:
Top 15 Movements appearing 2/26/2007:
2,029 domains moved from DSREDIRECTION.COM to TRAFFICCLUB.COM
727 domains moved from DSREDIRECTION.COM to KLICKERZ.COM

Very interesting. If SKENZO feed did not perform well for some domains and DS feed did, it is impossible to deny that the current TC skenzo-only feed is not the best solution, at least I see this at my TC-parked domains.

owenw

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't forget, not everyone uses the DSREDIRECTION nameservers. Personally I use Fabulous's nameservers and forward to DS.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of confused.

If the problem stems from the almighty and their policy changes for 3rd and 4th parties why would there be a problem with TC's direct google feed? and why a problem with just DS but not Skenzo?

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion , DS has nothing to do with TC's customers. Infact , DS did the same things to Afternic's customers when they broke partnership.
TC's customers parking with TC , not DS , so if DS want to invite TC's customers, they should ask for TC permission first .

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my RPC is WAY better at TC than anywhere else with only a handful of names I have parked there. I just hope it gets sorted out soon.

In an odd sort of way my earnings on some of my smaller traffic domains are up. Because they didn't get enough traffic to really be optimized they mostly were sent to DS. But now they're running on Skenzo and doing nicely.

DomainTrader

Domain Name Expert/Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When nothing comes as a surprise
You're in the domain business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom