Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

invitation to domainsponsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How come imonitize is still using domain sponsor?

DSRon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How come imonitize is still using domain sponsor?
Hi B. King,

The question is appropriate in light of recent actions we have taken.

I wish I could provide an answer that is as straight forward as your question. The problem is we are not at liberty to address the question due to confidentiality requirements which we are bound to as a result of contractual agreements.

I know how this may seem to some, and I apologize. We will soon shed greater light from our end.

Thank you.

OralB

PDM.COM
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’ve been using TC for some time now (Skenzo feed) and am happy with their service, but oddly enough since this problem with DS and Google, there’s been a sharp decrease in the visitor’s count, as I can see through other sources that visits are actually up and its kind of unrealistic for the visits to suddenly drop so much in just 1 day.
So am I a victim of this war?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated, as I don’t want to leave TC.

p.s. I did send an email to Monte a couple of days ago, but did not receive any reply yet.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’ve been using TC for some time now (Skenzo feed) and am happy with their service, but oddly enough since this problem with DS and Google, there’s been a sharp decrease in the visitor’s count, as I can see through other sources that visits are actually up and its kind of unrealistic for the visits to suddenly drop so much in just 1 day.
So am I a victim of this war?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated, as I don’t want to leave TC.

p.s. I did send an email to Monte a couple of days ago, but did not receive any reply yet.

I think he will not be able to write back this week due to Traffic conference in Vegas. Hopefully next week.

I am also a victim just like OralB.

Reaction score
OralB - yep...getting ready for a big auction tomorrow.

there should not be any reason to see this drop since DS has nothing to do with the number of visitors you would get for your domain.

I did send it forward to our support group to look into this.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue as well, have seen a great drop in traffic. I also noticed that for the past months the traffic on months with 31 days, also drops on the 31'st.

OralB

PDM.COM
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I chose TC and Moniker, the management involvement.
The TC support team got in touch with me soon after posting here and now is trying to resolve my issue.
Thanks Monte and good luck in Vegas.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Hey, I thought OralB was a trademark. You must be one of them cybersquatters.

Maybe you should change your handle to An*lB, to avoid legal issues ;)

OralB

PDM.COM
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol True, But I'm not profiting from The Name OralB nor did I register the domain name oralb.whaterver, so in that sense I'm safe from any legal issues.

I just like my toothbrush, Thanks to OralB for their products.

:lol:

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I chose TC and Moniker, the management involvement.
The TC support team got in touch with me soon after posting here and now is trying to resolve my issue.
Thanks Monte and good luck in Vegas.

The obvious explanation to me would be that DS and Skenso count visitors differently, but it would be interesting to hear their explanation for this drop, from the horses mouth. Please keep us informed.

ibydesign

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a little off-topic, but in a way it's not. If it weren't for this trickle down ad revenue situation from the upstream feeds, etc. and the power were in the collective domain owner pool, things would be markedly different. ie. I wish, we weren't all at the whim of Google and Yahoo, including the monetization middlemen. I would think that we have enough aggregate holdings, that we could profit substantially from our own advertising network. How about a scenario where the domain owner gets 80% of ad revenues, and the domain owner's advertising coop gets 20% or something like that, that is then distributed proportionally to domain owneres, after development, maintenance, billing, and advertising expenses are disbursed. We have critical mass, we have technical know how, and we have market dominance, proportionally.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a little off-topic, but in a way it's not. If it weren't for this trickle down ad revenue situation from the upstream feeds, etc. and the power were in the collective domain owner pool, things would be markedly different. ie. I wish, we weren't all at the whim of Google and Yahoo, including the monetization middlemen. I would think that we have enough aggregate holdings, that we could profit substantially from our own advertising network. How about a scenario where the domain owner gets 80% of ad revenues, and the domain owner's advertising coop gets 20% or something like that, that is then distributed proportionally to domain owneres, after development, maintenance, billing, and advertising expenses are disbursed. We have critical mass, we have technical know how, and we have market dominance, proportionally.

You're suggesting creating a new ad network? There are tons aside from Google & Yahoo, however, only a few truly succcesful. If you get another 100 people here, maybe we can invest, incoroporate & get the ball moving.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Your suggestion underestimates the risk/work/expense involved in getting a new advertiser network together. The best hope for this is additional competition at the top-level. Hopefully with industry consolidation we will see companys like Domainsponsor, TrafficClub, etc. big enough to create their own advertising network rather than just rely on Google or Yahoo.

OralB

PDM.COM
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I’ve received the following reply from TC support team,

"The drop is not due to the changes in the partners- we stopped Google on
2/16 and DS on 2/21, so any drop relevant to that switch would be connected from those dates immediately.

Looking over your stats- the decrease happening from 2/27 (a week later) is more of an indication of a suddenly lower incoming traffic flow- either a referred link has been stopped from that time, or there simply has been less traffic for Skenzo to convert to begin with for other reason. We think this is something that would have been noticed even with the additional partners still on- its an incoming traffic issue in this case."

I’m sure it’s nothing to do with my domain’s traffic. In fact the traffic has increased in the past few weeks, so this leaves me just guessing as to what possible reason can cause this, and hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom