Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is IDN really so popular here, and why is DNF so S-L-O-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DryHeat said:
You might be good at IDNs but your forum etiquettes surely are nothing to envy about...try keeping control of your emotional incontinence...its just a discussion!!

I'm sure I'll get over it.

In the meantime I will help the ones that want help instead of people that just want to point fingers and claim
*Domaining Malpractice*
In case you haven't read the news, IDNs are all over it, there are new forums, and a new breed of domainer appearing on horizion.

It's time to sink or swim. The ones that grasp this and the ones that are willing to learn, will ride this wave and see the shore again.

Domain Days 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DryHeat said:
You might be good at IDNs but your forum etiquettes surely are nothing to envy about...try keeping control of your emotional incontinence...its just a discussion!!

I will strongly second that, been flamed for no good reason a few times already by Sarcle and another member. I really do not get that much benefit from the forum to contribute a lot here myself but at same time be insulted by a few people here and treated with disrespect. Bye.

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's like this people in other countries can type in their language very well. There are people on here who are posting bad IDNs but there are members of another place that if not sure about their registrations & finds have asked for IDN Domains to be reviewed. So what that means is there is a group that has a good support group. I personally help with Japanese since it's my second language & I'm in Japan, others are helping with Chinese, Russian, Arabic.

It is confusing to members here that these domains are suddenly popping up here, but since there wasn't a place here, the development of these techniques were just perfected someplace else. Some of us tend to forget that we had access to information, techniques, resources for a while & a lot of people here are still confused on the IDN thing.
(edit)
There's certainly a few that don't care what they post I see. They don't confirm meaning, & there's a few that post the wrong meaning even after being corrected. If you see something wrong I'd suggest you post. This is the sort of bond that us IDNers have but I think people on here might be waiting for payment before offering a simple "Hey Jack your translations wrong".

If it's Japanese & wrong besure if I see I'll say something if it's a sale. That's just good business for all. My members do that...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The truth is: there are vested interests. The situation is very similar to the hype in .CA domains a while back. Yes, both .CA and IDN.com domains are undoubtedly on the rise, but people need to be clear-minded and NOT blinded by all the buzz, fuss and even so-called "sales". Just remember, this is a reseller (vs. end user) forum, and I don't believe in the community thing. (I'd rather trust professionalism.) Go figure yourself.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
The truth is: there are vested interests. The situation is very similar to the hype in .CA domains a while back. Yes, both .CA and IDN.com domains are undoubtedly on the rise, but people need to be clear-minded and NOT blinded by all the buzz, fuss and even so-called "sales". Just remember, this is a reseller (vs. end user) forum, and I don't believe in the community thing. (I'd rather trust professionalism.) Go figure yourself.

That's just it. There is no comparison between the two. A new ext. and the ability for hundreds of millions of people being able to type in the language is rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom