Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is .Mobi Already Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is .mobi already dead?

Not in the minds of .mobi speculators who were responsible for keeping it alive, Maybe they can start a new "Hype" campaign to bring .Mobi back to life.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, interest seems to be dwindling.

I put up a list of decent .mobi's for offers at NP yesterday, not a nibble ....

(But hey, it's partly the fault of people like me, because I never developed any of them.)

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jasdon11 said:
Now, to all the naysayers: I'm sure you know what you're doing. I know what I'm doing. But do you know what I'm doing? Obviously not....

well said jasdon, can't argue that :)

Is .com going to die, is .mobi dead, are IDN's dead, is .biz dead, is .us dead... Got to love the optimism floating around the industry these days.

LOL

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The way I look at it is that I am not heavily invested in .mobi but I own a couple of very good .mobi's I plan to develop in conjunction with some very good .com's which I own the same names...I think the .mobis will be very successful...so I am really fine with the extention...just don't think it is even in the same breath with .com. ...don't really understand all the haters though....it is what it is.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not in the minds of .mobi speculators who were responsible for keeping it alive, Maybe they can start a new "Hype" campaign to bring .Mobi back to life.

That'd have to be .zombie :D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is .com going to die, is .mobi dead, are IDN's dead, is .biz dead, is .us dead... Got to love the optimism floating around the industry these days.

The most damaging to all the tld's and mobi is the upcoming unlimited number of new tld's.

Last edited:

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The .mobi is dead to me when I've got my iPhone.

hey you're a .TV fan, right?

.TV died to me when........... oh wait, that extension (just like mobi) was never "needed." Funny how its finally been steadily picking up steam the last few years. I cant turn the TV on anymore without seeing .TV websites advertised... purdy good for an extension that isnt needed.... or even designed for a different medium.

I wonder what people said about .TV (an unnecessary extension) back in the year 2000. I bet it was widely accepted... right? :-/

BOO-YA !

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
in fact I've already bought some landrush names the past few weeks, for a pittance of what they would've cost four months ago.

Isn't this what we've been warning you about? Pittance is rapidly declining to zilch.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you sell iPhones //mobi, Greg? :D

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im still in my underwear selling .mobi domains.

ill let you kids know when i turn in my application to Taco Bell...... we can all attend the .mobi funeral together then. assuming my boss is willing to give me the day off....

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what everyone says there are still new mobi sites being put out by big corps on a regular basis and dnjournal has a bunch of mobis listed this week.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Regardless of what everyone says there are still new mobi sites being put out by big corps on a regular basis and dnjournal has a bunch of mobis listed this week.

Yes, Vision makes a post each time some company launches a .mobi sidekick to their .com

Reminds me of the days in 1994 that I was compiling the "Golden Guide of the Internet" for a publication. Web sites were so few, you could manually locate them :D

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, Vision makes a post each time some company launches a .mobi sidekick to their .com

Reminds me of the days in 1994 that I was compiling the "Golden Guide of the Internet" for a publication. Web sites were so few, you could manually locate them :D

Wow - so you were involved with the internet way back then, before all the big names started in this business. What was your attitude to domains back then?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Wow - so you were involved with the internet way back then, before all the big names started in this business. What was your attitude to domains back then?

I had no mentor and a different focus; didn't register a domain until 1997.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'97; must've got some great names?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm not selling my sole precious .mobi :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom