Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is .Mobi Already Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO KNOW THAT THERE IS ZERO TRAFFIC IN THE MOBI WORLD!

um yes they are.... ive been involved in .mobi since landrush and i will tell you all... THERE IS EFFECTIVELY ZERO NATURAL TYPE IN TRAFFIC TO .MOBI DOMAINS.

this means if you dont have a website up, and you do not advertise it somehow... you will not get traffic. (BIG SURPRISE!)

sorry you got suckered by the hype dn-101... perhaps you should do some actual research next time before registering hundreds of worthless .mobi domains in hopes of them getting natural type-in traffic.

You are well out of it.

Namepros encourages the pointless speculation of worthless classes of domains.

they do?

where specifically does the owner of namepros encourage this?

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
um yes they are.... ive been involved in .mobi since landrush and i will tell you all... THERE IS EFFECTIVELY ZERO NATURAL TYPE IN TRAFFIC TO .MOBI DOMAINS.

this means if you dont have a website up, and you do not advertise it somehow... you will not get traffic. (BIG SURPRISE!)

I agree, Which brings me to ask this question; Why have some members reported they recieve natural traffic and are earning decent revenue? Are they just full of it?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, Which brings me to ask this question; Why have some members reported they recieve natural traffic and are earning decent revenue? Are they just full of it?

actually, i have had a tiny bit of traffic to some of my mobi's.... but generally this is the exception and not the rule... i still cannot explain it because ive never advertised them or listed em on the forums..

the insane part is 3 of these .mobi's are hyphen domains (two keywords separated by the dash)... very strong keywords, but still friggin hyphen domains.

stats from last 6 months from top 5 parking performers: (goes Money Earned, Views, Clicks)

<hyphen domain>.MOBI ------------- US$ 2.22 - 163 - 66
<hyphen domain>.MOBI ------------- US$ 9.72 - 101 - 40
<NON hyphen domain>.MOBI -------- US$ 0.24 - 91 - 5
<hyphen domain>.MOBI ------------- US$ 10.93 - 74 - 17
<NNN domain>.MOBI ---------------- US$ 0.67 - 53 - 6

this is not very impressive i know, but its still kinda strange that some of the hyphen .mobi's are the top performers.. i made $5 from the 2nd one on that list this month alone... but like i said its currently the exception and not the rule... which is why i didnt even mention it at first.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dn-101, you make zero sense.

you're not even funny.... and this is coming from someone who can appreciate naysayer humor. sometimes Fearless is funny in a sarcastic sort of way.... maybe you should take lessons before trying to be witty again.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Listen dn-101, I do not care what NamePros does or doesn't do -- it is their business decision and nothing I should comment on. However, DO NOT generalize that all forums do so like you did in your initial post -- to which I had replied and you never replied back -- and do not drag DNForum into it.

We actively scout industry relationships -- and I personally attend ICANN Events -- but we keep the highest standards when it comes to being fair and not fixing discussions. Mmmkay?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
stats from last 6 months from top 5 parking performers: (goes Money Earned, Views, Clicks).

I have a .mobi that earned $5.98 at Sedo, Traffic is flat with 3 spikes in a month... Cant explain it either.

Optimized Keyword Queries Clicks CTR --- EPC RPM Earnings
Lasik ---------------- 85---- 4 -- 4.71 % $1.50 $70.39 $5.98

I only have 2 mobi's, that's it, Guess I just got lucky with this one.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The outlook is not that bad for mobi after all. It has already outperformed .name in just 2 years :D

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=AYX&q=site:*.mobi&btnG=Search
Results 1 - 10 of about 406,000 from *.mobi. (0.07 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=site:*.name&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Results 1 - 10 of about 311,000 from *.name. (0.15 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=AYX&q=site:*.biz&btnG=Search
Results 1 - 10 of about 557,000 from *.biz. (0.11 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&q=site:*.asia&btnG=Search
Results 1 - 10 of about 62,200 from *.asia. (0.15 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&q=site:*.coop&btnG=Search
Results 1 - 10 of about 89,200 from *.coop. (0.08 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&q=site:*.jobs&btnG=Search
Results 1 - 10 of about 6,210 from *.jobs. (0.13 seconds)

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they do?

where specifically does the owner of namepros encourage this?

It may not be specifically stated but 90% of the posting relates to worthless categories of domains. There is very little balance there.

If you are interested in Mobi, Asia, hyphenated names and other worthless crap that is the place to hang out.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may not be specifically stated but 90% of the posting relates to worthless categories of domains. There is very little balance there.

If you are interested in Mobi, Asia, hyphenated names and other worthless crap that is the place to hang out.

thats just the people posting... you cant really stop that if you want to have a lively forum.

to some people IDNs are worthless crap... i guarantee some of those people would give you the: "if i cant understand it... it sucks" attitude. but really, its all what you make of it.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a .mobi that earned $5.98 at Sedo, Traffic is flat with 3 spikes in a month... Cant explain it either.

Optimized Keyword Queries Clicks CTR --- EPC RPM Earnings
Lasik ---------------- 85---- 4 -- 4.71 % $1.50 $70.39 $5.98

I only have 2 mobi's, that's it, Guess I just got lucky with this one.

Hmm....so your experience with .mobis is fairly positive - yet you take the time out to say how crap they are / what a bad investment they are. So who's opinions are you using when you bash the extension? Can't be yours, can they?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmm....so your experience with .mobis is fairly positive - yet you take the time out to say how crap they are / what a bad investment they are. So who's opinions are you using when you bash the extension? Can't be yours, can they?

That was for 1 month you idiot... A spike where I made $5.98 in the one year I had it. Let's do the math OK?

Reg fee: $17.50 (enom) minus -$5.98 = -$11.52

This is what we a call a LOSS, meaning it was a BAD investment :yes:

I didn't register it for the hope of earning revenue, I liked it for the name and it was the last TLD available.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Yes, they are just full of it. It's total BS. Flipping and end-user sales is where the potential lies for .mobi, certainly not PPC schemes.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't do it Duke....thousands of mobings (mobi lemmings) are shaking their cellphones in anger :D
We need an entry in the Urban Dictionary for this :D

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive never been keen on .mobi, i have always thought its a waste of reg fee, but the general public will become more and more aware of .mobi as time goes on, Ive started noticing large companies advertising the .mobi sites. I seen a large insurance company advertising there .mobi on the back of the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom