Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

is this a scam ? potential buyer suggesting appraisal ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

charbz

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I have a potential buyer telling me that his client is interested in my domain touchdrag.com

he said his client asked him for appraisal, and he posted in a forum asking about the best place to get an appraisal service

the way the email is seems a little suspicious, id like to know if this person is working for this supposed "appraisal" service, and is scamming me to get the appraisal, and he is not interested in buying the domain at all ...

here is an excerpt from the email he sent me :

" To avoid mistakes and wasting money on useless automated services I asked in the forum about reliable manual valuation/TM verification services. Please read this: http://answers.archive-google.<wbr>com/answers/threadview7418605.<wbr>htm

The process is very easy:

1. Go to the appraisal site and order the valuation with the TM verification. Submit your domains to them and let them know you have a buyer with $X,XXX offer so you need the appraisal near this value. After several hours you will get the results.

2. Then send these results via email and we'll proceed with the deal. "

If you are new to the appraisal process I can help you with a step by step instructions.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A quite common scam.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

charbz

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lovely ! .. i love this forum so much, without you guys I would have fallen prey to this ...

I should start doing searches before posting , NOTED ..

anyway, since this is a scam .. another question I have , isn't it sort of fair that a buyer would request an appraisal before buying ? how do you guys

usually deal with such a request if it is done in good intent ?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
, isn't it sort of fair that a buyer would request an appraisal before buying ? how do you guys

usually deal with such a request if it is done in good intent ?

if you think it's fair, then you'll always be subjected to being scammed.

get your mind off the appraisal thing

you don't sell to people who want appraisals.... only sell to those who accept your asking price.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggie is right.

When you go to a store, do you demand an appraisal before you buy something? Or do you simply assess its value to you and make your decision based on that?

I have never, once, heard of a legitimate buyer demanding an appraisal before buying. Either they want/need the domain or they don't.

If they insist on an appraisal, it is because it is their business to sell appraisals. They make money by appealing to your greed.

Here is another point... appraisals are worthless because each domain is unique. Unique in that it is one-of-a-kind and unique in how it will be useful to any particular end user. How can a third party put a static value on something like that?

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This type of scam has been around for a while.

I wish they would offer appraisal on your wife (before you marry them) instead. Too many people made mistake and they can't get out!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't waste anymore time on him...name your price and move on. (personally I wouldn't response to that email or use that link) but at best respond back with your price and give him a short time frame to respond. don't hold your breath waiting on this guy.

Good luck.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This type of scam has been around for a while.

I wish they would offer appraisal on your wife (before you marry them) instead. Too many people made mistake and they can't get out!

Now that's a novel idea, a wife-testing service; it could lead to a joint venture :D

fsenagui

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is a common scam. If it really is negotiating the domain, it must provide the evaluation.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
these scammers normally target domain newbies and offer high dollar for their newly registered domain names and many fall for this.

simka

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, quite common scam.. I always "go with them" in the start and look how seriously they need this "appraisal" money...

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you're really happy with the hand (the wife, rather ... lol) life has dealt you, Johnn LMFAO....

That must be why you were probably that dude drinking Corona beer and taking a tan at TRAFFIC in Ft Lauderdale......and with 2 hot chicks, one on each side ....
:bounce:

...I wish they would offer appraisal on your wife (before you marry them) instead. Too many people made mistake and they can't get out!

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just tell them it is done and fortunately for them the appraisal came out way higher than expected. They got a great deal. Unfortunately, due to copywrite issues, you are not allowed to forward the appraisal. You found out about that issue on a different fake forum. I am sure they can understand. When can you expect payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom