Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is TrafficZ cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this just a mistake or intentional cheating by TrafficZ system/domainowner?

I own LoansOnTime.COM

I searched it in google as loansontime and first result shows loansontime.com

When I click it, it actually goes to a TrafficZ ppc page which is www.LoansOnTime.NET but in the logo it shows as .COM

Why will someone do it?

I want official answer from TrafficZ about this amateur cheating behavior by someone who is exploiting the flaws in TZ system. TZ system should check that the domain parked at them is not .COM, but a .Net

Why they are showing my domain in this way that confuse visitors between .com (my domain) and .net (someone else's domain parked at TZ)?

Thanks.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow....how does the .net site show up ahead of yours?

vbigdeli

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's wrong?:?:

Just ask them to change Domain Title and Header!

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What's wrong?:?:

Whats wrong is that TrafficZ system is tricking google to think that their .NET lander is .COM and I am losing traffic because of this and my visitors are being confused.:veryangry:

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are publically accusing TrafficZ of 'cheating' without knowing who really owns the domain. That is unprofessional of you. The title on the domain is set by the domain owner, in his account - it is the domain owner you should complain to, and most likely they did it as an accident. I sometimes type .com instead of .net; most people do, as a matter of habit.

The domain record shows as this - contact Mr. Nuth to get his title fixed:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: LOANSONTIME.NET
Created on: 10-Jul-03
Expires on: 10-Jul-08
Last Updated on: 21-Aug-07

Administrative Contact:
Nuth, Leonard [email protected]
Safety Capital Partners
68 Allen Road
Bow, NH 03304
United States
16032267233 Fax -- 16032235004

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are publically accusing TrafficZ of 'cheating' without knowing who really owns the domain. That is unprofessional of you. The title on the domain is set by the domain owner, in his account - it is the domain owner you should complain to, and most likely they did it as an accident. I sometimes type .com instead of .net; most people do, as a matter of habit.

The domain record shows as this - contact Mr. Nuth to get his title fixed:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: LOANSONTIME.NET
Created on: 10-Jul-03
Expires on: 10-Jul-08
Last Updated on: 21-Aug-07

Administrative Contact:
Nuth, Leonard [email protected]
Safety Capital Partners
68 Allen Road
Bow, NH 03304
United States
16032267233 Fax -- 16032235004

I agree, the person above is the cheater, the title says .com when it should say .net.. trafficZ is not a cheater... you should research before pointing fingers..

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not accusing but I am complaining and I am damn serious about getting this corrected. TZ does ultimately benefit from this trick by the domain owner, so they have a responsibility to fix their system to not let it happen.

It is the TrafficZ system and they must fix their system so that people don't manipulate it to cheat (in case domain owner did it as you suggested).

It is a clear cheating by someone either intentional or unintentional.....it does not matter it is still a bad practice and tricking google and visitors to go to a TZ parked .NET domain thinking its actually a .COM site.

If I don't get a quick and satisfactory answer from TZ, then I will contact google to let them know what is going on.

I am serious about it and I will get it corrected.

Writing to the domain owner as well.

Thanks.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not accusing but I am complaining and I am damn serious about getting this corrected.

It is the TrafficZ system and they must fix their system so that people don't manipulate it to cheat (in case domain owner did it as you suggested).

It is a clear cheating by someone either intentional or unintentional.....it does not matter it is still a bad practice and tricking google and visitors to go to a TZ parked .NET domain thinking its actually a .COM site.

If I don't get a quick and satisfactory answer from TZ, then I will contact google to let them know what is going on.

I am serious about it and I will get it corrected.

Writing to the domain owner as well.

Thanks.

getting it corrected is simple, email trafficZ and tell them to have the domain user change their title, and inform them that the user is cheating and should be banned...

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
getting it corrected is simple, email trafficZ and tell them to have the domain user change their title, and inform them that the user is cheating and should be banned...

Yes just wrote to the domain owner.

I will let TZ explain it here so that we know if they have fixed their system to avoid this from happening. No one should be able to manipulate their system like this.

Thanks.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think it is so simple.

If the user is consistently abusing this then yes, they should be banned.
But not if they did it as a simple mistake. Anyone might accidentally type
".com" instead of one of the other TLDs.

I myself have put a .com name in the title on a ppc .net - when I also owned the .com. Maybe you have a great .com you are promoting in any way you can. If they are your sites, then you can do that, I would think?
Or is this not allowed, for example in the terms of service at a ppc provider?

Now, if the user refuses to fix it, then that would also be grounds to ban them.

And if the user is not answering email, I think that is not an excuse either; and there should be consequences.

I have found TrafficZ support to be very responsive. I have a guy there who is great, so PM me if you need a direct email address at TrafficZ. I dont think I should post it publically though, so PM me.

Kevin

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
let us know how TrafficZ reacts to your complain.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he can put whatever he wants in his title dude..I sincerely doubt many people are searching this phrase as you stated it anyways...you are grabbing for strings here

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To be true, it does not appear to be an accidental mistype.

Check out:

1. Browser title bar .... it shows LoansOnTime.COM
2. Logo...it shows LoansOnTime.COM
3. Move your cursor on the logo or click logo and check address bar, it shows (http://www.loansontime.net/?Domain=loansontime.net). So it means .NET is being hidden as .COM to perhaps trick google and confuse visitors.

Well I am waiting for domain owner response, and also for TZ response.

Thanks.

he can put whatever he wants in his title dude..I sincerely doubt many people are searching this phrase as you stated it anyways...you are grabbing for strings here

So you are saying that theft is only a theft if it involves a major sum of money otherwise its not really a theft?:smilewinkgrin:

I respectfully disagree with your theory and still want answer.

I wonder how will google react to this tricking of their search engine?

Thanks.

he can put whatever he wants in his title dude..

So if your site is selling insurance, can you put geico .com in the title? I don't think you can put "whatever", there is a fine line I think ;)

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope TrafficZ support will resolve this issue asap.
DomainBoss.com
btw- promoting parked pages via Forum Signatures is against the TOS of parking companies and as well as that of DNF

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whois.sc outranks you as well, and has "Loansontime,com - Loans Ontime" in their title. :eek:k:

DomainEngineer said:
I am losing traffic because of this and my visitors are being confused.

How so? The title of the first page you have indexed says "Loans Photos on Loans On Time." Why would anyone click on "loans photos?" You are losing traffic (all those millions who search for "loansontime") b/c of the pages that are indexed.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is much TrafficZ will do.

The guy can basically put in his title whatever he wants it to be...

I don't think this is stealing. I I doubt that this is what made the no 1 rank of the domain in google, as you .com is nowhere to find in the results and there are only 7 results for "loansontime".

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, as a representative of TrafficZ, please allow me to explain:

- TrafficZ is NOT Cheating.
- the flexibility to change title on pages is a feature we offer to our clients

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, as a representative of TrafficZ, please allow me to explain:

- TrafficZ is NOT Cheating.
- the flexibility to change title on pages is a feature we offer to our clients

Hi,

Can you have your client correct the problem? After all, its your system and you do share earnings with the clients even if your client abuse your system.

I haven't heard anything back from the domain owner.

Thanks.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you have your client correct the problem? After all, its your system and you do share earnings with the clients even if your client abuse your system.

I haven't heard anything back from the domain owner.

Thanks.

I agree, u should have your client warned for this CON PRACTISE! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom