Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

KerryEdwards.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
time for one of you BIG BOYS to move in and get a SMASHING EXPOSURE :-D

Friday, July 9, 2004 · Last updated 11:08 a.m. PT

'Kerry Edwards' site belongs to bondsman
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Web site Kerry Edwards started two years ago to show the world photos of his toddler son has suddenly become hot property. The phones at the bail bonds business Edwards owns started ringing with calls from people and groups wanting his kerryedwards.com Web address even before Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry announced John Edwards as his running mate Tuesday.

That day, the Web site also received more than 51,000 hits.

One of the first calls was from the Kerry campaign, asking Edwards to donate the domain name to the campaign. But the 34-year-old Indianapolis man said he won't be giving it away because he's gotten some offers of up to $30,000 for the name.

He said the callers have included an advertising company, a Wisconsin investment group and a Republican in Texas promising to pay more than the highest bidder to keep the site out of Democrats' hands.

Edwards, who pays about $25 a year for the domain, said he would probably post it for sale on eBay.

"I'll sell it if the price is right, that's for sure," Edwards said.

Bill Burton, a spokesman for the Kerry-Edwards campaign in Washington, said he knew of no plans to make an offer for the site. He said johnkerry.com would continue as the campaign's official Web site.

On Thursday, the only thing posted on Edwards' Web site was a photo of him smiling and the message: "I'm Kerry, I wasn't on MSNBC last night."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/aptech_story.asp?category=1700&slug=Kerryedwards Web Name

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
time for one of you BIG BOYS to move in and get a SMASHING EXPOSURE

Friday, July 9, 2004 · Last updated 11:08 a.m. PT

'Kerry Edwards' site belongs to bondsman
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Web site Kerry Edwards started two years ago to show the world photos of his toddler son has suddenly become hot property. The phones at the bail bonds business Edwards owns started ringing with calls from people and groups wanting his kerryedwards.com Web address even before Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry announced John Edwards as his running mate Tuesday.

That day, the Web site also received more than 51,000 hits.

One of the first calls was from the Kerry campaign, asking Edwards to donate the domain name to the campaign. But the 34-year-old Indianapolis man said he won't be giving it away because he's gotten some offers of up to $30,000 for the name.

He said the callers have included an advertising company, a Wisconsin investment group and a Republican in Texas promising to pay more than the highest bidder to keep the site out of Democrats' hands.

Edwards, who pays about $25 a year for the domain, said he would probably post it for sale on eBay.

"I'll sell it if the price is right, that's for sure," Edwards said.

Bill Burton, a spokesman for the Kerry-Edwards campaign in Washington, said he knew of no plans to make an offer for the site. He said johnkerry.com would continue as the campaign's official Web site.

On Thursday, the only thing posted on Edwards' Web site was a photo of him smiling and the message: "I'm Kerry, I wasn't on MSNBC last night."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busin...ds Web Name

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:

oh?

boy that was some fast deal? could have he pushed 4 more? and who got it anyway? (hopefully not some cattle ranch republican :evil:

u know what'd be funny? to see some ppc page there now d:) talking about serving it to the mainstream america. i'd die laughing. :laugh:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. Please do NOT post multiple threads of identical content. Thanks.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A .org site would be more logical for a campaign than a .com site, given that it's a noncommercial organization. .info or .us would also make some sense, but .com is illogical.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that just goes 2 show u the power of .com on the american market.

besides, the name apparently still didn't sell despite mediahound sources phoning him differently :)

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amazing he hasn't put any advertisements up..He could be making some money off that traffic.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RMF said:
Amazing he hasn't put any advertisements up..He could be making some money off that traffic.

he sux :)

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dtobias said:
A .org site would be more logical for a campaign than a .com site, given that it's a noncommercial organization. .info or .us would also make some sense, but .com is illogical.

Yeah, dang them and their crazy, "illogical" notions of actually wanting the surfing public to be able to find the site easily...

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namedropper said:
Yeah, dang them and their crazy, "illogical" notions of actually wanting the surfing public to be able to find the site easily...

find the site easily??? what's so hard about finding the kerryedwards.org, as opposed to .com??? same place, same number of letters..

the politicians r partially 2 blame 4 their own constituents being so dumb, as not to know the three letter difference in a simple internet address. its not a quantum physics for god's sake.

of course, they prefer them that way. dumb and clueless like a flock of sheep.

mary had a little lamb..

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dtobias said:
.info or .us would also make some sense, but .com is illogical.

What do you guys/gals think of EdwardsKerry.info ?

PS: I am the registrant :)

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
producer said:
find the site easily??? what's so hard about finding the kerryedwards.org, as opposed to .com??? same place, same number of letters..

the politicians r partially 2 blame 4 their own constituents being so dumb, as not to know the three letter difference in a simple internet address. its not a quantum physics for god's sake.

of course, they prefer them that way. dumb and clueless like a flock of sheep.

mary had a little lamb..

ehh, no offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

they didn't spend $100k on the domain so they could develop and market
it as "kerryedwards.com", they spent the $$ on it because all the work
has already been done for them.

the domain already GETS traffic, and it will continue to get traffic until
the election. if he wins, it'll get more, if he loses, it'll be forgotten in a
month.

so, instead of telling people, kerryedwards.ORG, you don't have to waste
$$ telling them anything, because 99.99999% of the time they'll type in
the .com version anyway.

it's doesn't really matter what's logical or proper, yeah sure, .org would be
a nice fit. but who the hell is gonna know about .org unless you spend
mega $$ promoting it. the .com needs no promotion.

peace
luc l.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'm not saying that politicians are wrong 4 wanting .com, just making the point that all these nascar dads and soccer moms are one big dumb lot 4 not being able 2 think with their own brain.

how do we expect them 2 know the differences in candidates and/or politics, when they don't know the difference in a simple matter of .com vs. .org.

its such a viscious cycle that has no end in sight. corporations and politicians and hollywood conforming 2 the dumbness of the masses (perceived or real) thus making them look even more dumber. but then again, not even all those 'perceived' dumb people r dumb. u'd be surprised what one can achieve when approaching people by looking up 2 them, not down. but i guess, in politics the quality is not as important as the quantity is.

politics is a game of numbers.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why .com over .org ... other than people being dumb ( or any other for that matter )

well first off like luc said it's numero uno world around
additionally browsers default to .com
and try this.... type in kerryedwards into your address bar [no www. no .anything] then hold down the 'ctrl' button and hit 'enter' ... ta da

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gogeorge said:
Newspapers report that the name did not sell on Saturday.

Well, I sold EdwardsKerry.com through sedo for xxxx Euros and funds are on the way to me. :-D

URLtrader

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jedi said:
and try this.... type in kerryedwards into your address bar [no www. no .anything] then hold down the 'ctrl' button and hit 'enter' ... ta da

In my browser (Mozilla), doing this results in a Google search for "kerryedwards", coming up in a separate browser window.

However, kerryedwards.com does come up #1 in that search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom