Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

legal ktd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you just sell a stolen domain? Please show proof of ownership.

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This thread announces the sale of KTD.com

There is another one at NamePros and another at Digital Point forums.

No matter how one might want to tweak it, the domain KTD.com was stolen from its legitimate owner. With the help of GeorgeK I was able to contact the legitimate owner and locate the buyer, who was prompt with contacting Kelley Toombs, rightful owner of KTD.com

The process is ongoing. Obviously, the seller "smurf" - or whoever uses smurf's account - needs to offer an explanation. Mr. Toombs is currently talking to his attorney.

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had no idea that the domain was stolen. I was only selling it for someone else for a commission price. I am trying to contact the person that I was selling the domain for but I have yet to reach him. Trying to figure out what is going on with everything myself as well. If anyone hears anything else about this domain and what is going on PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Thank you.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
smurf,

You did not state from the thread that you're brokering this domain.

Why do you post sold? What is the status? Is the domain owner member of this forum?

Please PM details.

Thanks,

John

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Who received the payment for the domain?

The domain was stolen by gaining access to the controlling Yahoo account.

Smurf, why did you request that the thread be deleted at NamePros after the sale ended?

The contact info of the legitimate owner is at the disposal of the moderators.

Is the domain owner member of this forum?

The legitimate owner is not yet a member of DNF. I can provide his contact info to you (I think you're not accepting PM's?)

The buyer is DNF member Sitebuyer who has been notified and has contacted the legitimate owner already.

The sale involves a substantial amount of money.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As GeorgeK says, "follow the money trail".

Since smurf is the seller, he must have received payment. Because the buyer already paid, payment was made via Paypal apparently.

There is no question about the fact that the domain will be returned by the buyer to its legitimate owner. The question is, whose door will the buyer be kicking down pretty soon.

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn't receive the payment, it went straight to the person who I thought was the owners Escrow account and they were going to send me a % via western union.

He showed me a ss of his GoDaddy account and it had the domain there so I thought everything was good =\

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I didn't receive the payment, it went straight to the person who I thought was the owners Escrow account and they were going to send me a % via western union.

He showed me a ss of his GoDaddy account and it had the domain there so I thought everything was good =\

A drip at a time...

So Escrow.com was involved?

Who is the person, how was the exchange initiated - were you contacted out of the blue by someone? Are they a member of any forum?

The more you divulge now, the better.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who:
What:
Where:
When:
&
Why:

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
His name is Chris, and I've only known him online, talked to him in the past on AIM, his sn is "getoverhere" he knew me becuase I ran many sites in the past which he visited a lot. He asked me recently to sell a domain for him for 10%, I said sure. He gave me the info and his SS of his godaddy account with the domain. I'm sorry, I thought this was legit. and to "Acroplex" the buyer requested to take down the auctions/prices at dnforum and the other places I listed the domain. Escrow was done through the admin email, which had been the admin email for along time, as if you look into whois history. I thought this was legit and there was nothing to prove me wrong.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
smurf,

Don't kick around the bush. You need to tell the whole story. Where is the name and money now and what is your plan to refund the money to the buyer.

We don't need to hear your excuses. If you made a mistake then how would you fix it?

Thanks,
John

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
His name is Chris, and I've only known him online, talked to him in the past on AIM, his sn is "getoverhere" he knew me becuase I ran many sites in the past which he visited a lot. He asked me recently to sell a domain for him for 10%, I said sure. He gave me the info and his SS of his godaddy account with the domain. I'm sorry, I thought this was legit. and to "Acroplex" the buyer requested to take down the auctions/prices at dnforum and the other places I listed the domain. Escrow was done through the admin email, which had been the admin email for along time, as if you look into whois history. I thought this was legit and there was nothing to prove me wrong.

Ok so you're saying the Yahoo email (which was hijacked) was used as the seller's Escrow.com contact? How do you know Escrow was used? Were you in constant communication with the seller, all the time via AIM ? Any chat logs?

You do realize there is a large amount of money involved.

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didnt realize anything was wrong, no I dont keep aim logs, I didnt know the email was hijacked, noone contacted me otherwise, I know Escrow was used because thats what the seller (chris) wanted, why would he not state to me the method of transaction...

Yes I do realize the amount of money involved, as I knew when he first told me to sell it for him, as I know how much LLL.com's go for...

anyother questions i'll gladly ask, and Ive definitely learned my lesson

for his info all I can give you is his name he told me, aim sn, im unaware if he is a member on this forum or anyother forum, all convos were done via AIM

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the third time please answer direct to my questions:
- Where is the name now?
- Where is the money?
- What is your plan to refund the money to the buyer?

Thanks,
John

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
-The name should be with the new owner (ive never had control of the domain)
-The money should be in possession of the seller (or who I thought was the real seller, money was not sent to me)
-If I had the money I would have sent it back already, If/When I do get anything from this it will be returned to the buyer (if he does not own the domain anymore) I dont even know if all this is legit.

anyother questions johnn just let me know.

Ban is coming? I'm not aware of anything just like everyone else was. this is the first time I've heard about it.

banning me will not get this issue resolved, I'm here to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom