Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

legal ktd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
solution : contact the buyer asap and tell him/her :

if escrow.com is used - call them right now and cancel transaction - they do that !

if paypal.com is used - call them right now and dispute the transaction ( they freeze the funds used until everything is cleared)

both of these two places will help the buyer to freeze the funds !

( i know this for a fact , but it has to be done fast !)

the the parties involved can sort things out !

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No one knows what happened except smurf and he does not seem to be cooperated.

There is no need to speculate anything. Just wait to hear what smurf has to say!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am in regular contact with the real owner and he's taking his own justified action to reclaim the domain.

sitebuyer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update from me (the buyer):

- Was contacted by Acroplex on Friday and told the news
- Contacted Escrow.com (whom the payment was made through) and they froze the funds.
- Exchanged a couple PMs with smurf, the last asking who he is, who the real seller is, etc and no answer.
- Just talked with the domain's original owner on the phone and we're getting everything sorted out, possibly with Escrow.com as the intermediary.
- I'm running down the sellers details with Escrow.com and they will be pursued from there.

As for smurf, I have no idea what to think. He could be the broker, he could be the seller. There are some incongruencies in his story, but let’s not crucify him till we get more info. And smurf, you can start by answering my pms.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The good news: the buyer and the legitimate owner are both professional individuals. The money is at Escrow so it will be recovered. The domain will be recovered.

The bad news: there is no proof that the seller/hijacker is not smurf, who himself uses fake WHOIS for his domains.

Let's see some prosecution finally taking place; this industry is getting a bad rep from some rotten apples that ruin it for the rest of us. The money trail is there; since Escrow.com was used, there is a payment address, an account with recorded IP's and a delivery address.

sitebuyer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Indeed. I'm now in continuuing contact with Escrow.com and they have:

a) been MORE than helpful on this matter. I'll be using them for every domain purchase I do (the fees are well worth the insurance)

b) stipulated that they are happy to get the authorities involved, which I will push for.

On another note, are there any current domain title insurance companies out there?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great, so now even when a DNF member has more than 40 positive feedback ratings he still can't be trusted.

this industry gets more and more friendly by the day...

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Feedback is only one of numerous things to check ... in the case of Smurf, it appears much of what he was selling were DNFs, websites, and low-budget domains...

Furthermore, he had a domain of his put on hold for ... yep, fake whois information!

Often there's a pattern, but one has to be looking for it ... that takes some effort and experience in this business.

Not everyone has the ability, time, etc to fully evaluate the other party; no guarantees.

Thus the buyer did it right by using escrow - the real owner avoided a bigger problem and the buyer will get their money back.

With all that said, perhaps Smurf really was a "victim" too, but that's looking less and less likely based on what's been posted so far.

Ron

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I think it is time for me to makwe a post. I has been also communicating with the "seller" regarding this domain name few days ago, but his stopped replying my PMs at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf
Thank you for your offer. I will keep it in mind. I am trying to have a quick sell with this domain since I don't even have money right no to make my car payment. I am getting the domain sold tonight or mid-day tomorrow. I will keep you updated on the status of the sell.

Thank you for your interest DNP.

Peace.

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good news, I just got word that ktd is being returned to the owner and money from scott (sitebuyer) will be returned, and the escrow transaction will be canceled. Thanks for all your help. case closed.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I think it is time for me to contribute and post. I has been also communicating with the "seller" regarding this domain name few days ago, but his stopped replying my PMs at some point.

I do not want to post the entire PM thread, but there are few PMs that may be helpfull:

Quote:
Thank you for your offer. I will keep it in mind. I am trying to have a quick sell with this domain since I don't even have money right no to make my car payment. I am getting the domain sold tonight or mid-day tomorrow. I will keep you updated on the status of the sell.

Peace.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by smurf In Reply to your Post Mid Quality LLL.com wanted!:

KTD.com - $10,000

If interested please let me know.

Thank you.

Well, I think it is time for me to contribute and post here. I have been also communicating with the "seller" regarding this domain name few days ago, but he stopped replying my PMs at some point.

I do not want to post the entire PM thread, but there are few PMs that may be helpfull:

Quote:

Peace.

Originally Posted by smurf In Reply to your Post Mid Quality LLL.com wanted!:

KTD.com - $10,000

If interested please let me know.

Thank you.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good news, I just got word that ktd is being returned to the owner and money from scott (sitebuyer) will be returned, and the escrow transaction will be canceled. Thanks for all your help. case closed.

Care to explain your side of the story?

Your last chance.

Thanks,

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Contacted by chris he canceled transaction, sitebuyer can verify he will get his money back, and the owner get his domain, also talked to escrow.com, told them the story, everything will be returned money/domain.

thanks to everyone that helped solving this problem.

my side of the story.. is the same, I sold domain for someone, he knew I was involved with domains and making websites. as explained.

he gave me proof he was the owner, i said 'sure' i'll sell it.

big mistake on my part, but im not the only one that got tricked (sitebuyer, kelley) im no different then them, why dont you guys ban sitebuyer, i was lost just like him and kelley, why dont you file suit against kelley for being so dumb and getting his domain taken, im sorry but its not easy taking everyone hating on you in every post when infact im a victim, sorry.

thanks for everyones help though, this could have went a lot worse.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contacted by chris he canceled transaction, sitebuyer can verify he will get his money back, and the owner get his domain, also talked to escrow.com, told them the story, everything will be returned money/domain.

thanks to everyone that helped solving this problem.

my side of the story.. is the same, I sold domain for someone, he knew I was involved with domains and making websites. as explained.

he gave me proof he was the owner, i said 'sure' i'll sell it.

big mistake on my part, but im not the only one that got tricked (sitebuyer, kelley) im no different then them, why dont you guys ban sitebuyer, i was lost just like him and kelley, why dont you file suit against kelley for being so dumb and getting his domain taken, im sorry but its not easy taking everyone hating on you in every post when infact im a victim, sorry.

thanks for everyones help though, this could have went a lot worse.

so why in your PMs to DNP you claim you're broke and you'll sell it (not broker it) asap?

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom