Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

legal ktd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I wonder if the buyer paid through PayPal with a credit card. I always use a credit card for payments with PayPal, and file a chargeback when confronted with an monkey business.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-The name should be with the new owner (ive never had control of the domain)
-The money should be in possession of the seller (or who I thought was the real seller, money was not sent to me)
-If I had the money I would have sent it back already, If/When I do get anything from this it will be returned to the buyer (if he does not own the domain anymore) I dont even know if all this is legit.

anyother questions johnn just let me know.

Ban is coming? I'm not aware of anything just like everyone else was. this is the first time I've heard about it.

banning me will not get this issue resolved, I'm here to help

From what I am reading:
- The stolen name has been transferred to the new buyer?
- The money is in the your online friend (Chris)account?

So everything is cool now while the right owner is in talk with his lawyer.

The picture does not look right to me. You better take some quick actions to resolve the issue before it's too late.

John

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Please Johnn, first off I dont see where any of this is your business, also please make a statement in detail "The picture does not look right to me." please elaborate. cause your not making any sense

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You mention escrow, but it's not clear whether it was Escrow.com or some other "escrow"...?

If it was sold via Escrow.com, it's very likely the transaction wouldn't be completed yet, let alone barely started, based on the "edit" date / time of when it was posted "sold": "Last edited by smurf : 09-07-2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Sold."

And I certainly doubt the escrow would even be funded yet...

But all of that could be mute, if the buyer supposedly paid with PayPal ... Escrow.com doesn't accept PayPal above $5K the last I checked, though perhaps their policy changed?

Bottom line is if the buyer paid via escrow, I don't see how the transaction could be done so fast being it started late this past Friday?

Some more detail of exactly who paid who and how would be helpful ... not just for folks here, but likely also help Smurf resolve this matter; extricate himself from liability.

Ron

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please Johnn, first off I dont see where any of this is your business, also please make a statement in detail "The picture does not look right to me." please elaborate. cause your not making any sense

Johnn as a moderator has to investigate monkey business on this business forum, that's part of his duties.
But stolen domains is everybody's business, and you don't seem to do much to rectify the situation, just defend yourself.

smurf

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, this is just frustrating, you all ask me to resolve this, you just asked me again gorlov, but how can I? when I cannot

Domagon, if you dont believe it, why not just ask the buyer, he will even tell you its complete. I'm not sure what escrow, all I know is what I told the potential buyer, (with the info I got from who I was selling the domain for) to use the admin email for any transaction.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, this is just frustrating, you all ask me to resolve this, you just asked me again gorlov, but how can I? when I cannot

Domagon, if you dont believe it, why not just ask the buyer, he will even tell you its complete. I'm not sure what escrow, all I know is what I told the potential buyer, (with the info I got from who I was selling the domain for) to use the admin email for any transaction.

You've been a member here long enough.. Don't you think it's "fishy" that you list under DOMAINS FOR SALE yet you "broker" it?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are assuming the buyer is giving you the straight story ... perhaps they are not...

In my view, for your sake, it would be prudent to get precise details, along with documentation / proof of where and how the buyer paid. Don't just take their word for it.

Ron

cyberrevolutions

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This guy has been giving me the same run around. Smurf sold me a domain using a stolen script and false revenue and traffic claims. He admitted that he knew that the script was not legal yet sold the domain with a feature that the script was on the domain. You can see the details of this transaction on digitalpoint just by doing a search on Smurf's name. The domain was actually purchased here on DNforum. This guy is bad news and makes lots of promises that he never keeps. He has lied to me many times saying payment is always in escrow and he has to wait until payment clears in order to give me a refund when I ask for a refund for the domain. I would take this guys word with a grain of salt.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy has been giving me the same run around. Smurf sold me a domain using a stolen script and false revenue and traffic claims. He admitted that he knew that the script was not legal yet sold the domain with a feature that the script was on the domain. You can see the details of this transaction on digitalpoint just by doing a search on Smurf's name. The domain was actually purchased here on DNforum. This guy is bad news and makes lots of promises that he never keeps. He has lied to me many times saying payment is always in escrow and he has to wait until payment clears in order to give me a refund when I ask for a refund for the domain. I would take this guys word with a grain of salt.

Stuff like that needs to come out in the open and not contained into PM exchanges no matter how subtle either side is trying to be about it.... lesson learned I hope, next time somebody scams you off bring it out in the open ASAP..!

we definitely don't need people like that lurking around looking for their next victim...

BinderGang

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
smurf, whether you were in the know or not, you took part in this and you will need to do more than sit back and say "what can I do?".

Legally, you're an accessory to a crime.

People have gone to jail in situations where there was "nothing they can do", but took part in it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You mention escrow, but it's not clear whether it was Escrow.com or some other "escrow"...?

If it was sold via Escrow.com, it's very likely the transaction wouldn't be completed yet, let alone barely started, based on the "edit" date / time of when it was posted "sold": "Last edited by smurf : 09-07-2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Sold."

And I certainly doubt the escrow would even be funded yet...

But all of that could be mute, if the buyer supposedly paid with PayPal ... Escrow.com doesn't accept PayPal above $5K the last I checked, though perhaps their policy changed?

Bottom line is if the buyer paid via escrow, I don't see how the transaction could be done so fast being it started late this past Friday?

Some more detail of exactly who paid who and how would be helpful ... not just for folks here, but likely also help Smurf resolve this matter; extricate himself from liability.

Ron

I PM'ed the buyer, Sitebuyer on Saturday and his response that he had already sent payment arrived at 9pm Eastern.

No, Escrow.com does NOT complete transactions on weekends.

The domain was either paid for using an instant method such as Paypal, or it's currently in Escrow and the WHOIS was simply changed to that of the buyer, who might or might not have full control of it.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The buyer could not have wire the payment to escrow.com, since Fedwire is closed. And of course, as you pointed out already, escrow.com escrow staff generally don't work weekends anyways.

What other payment methods does that leave... PayPal? Western Union? ...?

But both of these methods present some challenges ...

PayPal limits transaction sizes the last I looked, and furthermore PayPal payments can be easily reversed anyways.

Western Union may limit payment sizes as well, though not sure to what extent.

I'd wager the sale price was under $10K based on the sales thread posted ... heck, I'd wager it may have sold for low as $5K ... if true, then PayPal and Western Union would both be viable methods.

Rambling on ... anyways, the buyer should be able to get their money back unless they paid with Western Union ... in which case, they're out of luck, and so is Smurf in that he could be drawn into a legal battle if the buyer chooses to pursue the matter; damaged reputation.

Ron

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smurf says; 'what can I do?' - well so far you haven't said that you have tried to contact this 'Chris' guy; that's the first thing I would've expected.

Can anyone vouch for the buyer in this - what steps has Sitebuyer taken to recover his money, and does he control the domain.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smurf..you story is all full of holes...can you please make up a different names than chris, lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Can anyone vouch for the buyer in this - what steps has Sitebuyer taken to recover his money, and does he control the domain.

I located the buyer by means of looking up the Yahoo email and he was contacted. Apparently he is in touch with the legitimate owner as well.

Smurf, are you over or under 18 years old?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ruh rohhhh spaghetti o's

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another example of why you should not broker names unless you know what you are doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom