Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Leave the name of the mod who closed a thread in addition to the reason of closing th

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

Leave the name of the mod who closed a thread in addition to the reason of closing thread for responsibility and transparency purpose. In many occasions, we want to know who closed it.

Upvote 0
C

Chuck

Leave the name of the mod who closed a thread in addition to the reason of closing thread for responsibility and transparency purpose. In many occasions, we want to know who closed it.

We will try and get the "reason" hack back installed if supported. As far as who did what, that won't be shown in the public posts.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We will try and get the "reason" hack back installed if supported. As far as who did what, that won't be shown in the public posts.

Please get the "reason" hack re-installed.

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We will try and get the "reason" hack back installed if supported.

That's all you really need probably, it would let users know why they're getting locked or erased, it's very frustrating to see your stuff locked.

T

tekz999

Yes, I support to get the reason why the thread is closed re-installed today.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
apart from these two clowns

Dnforum Moderator
Last Activity 07-13-2010 12:34 AM

Dnforum Moderator
Last Activity 06-30-2010 04:23 AM

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who bumped this old thread? Let's all jump him :D

I bumped the thread after reading that there were plans to bring back the "reason" hack which would allow mods to give people a reason why their sales thread was closed. The reason hack never returned and many including myself have had sales threads closed and locked and we don't know what we did wrong.

If I know why my thread has been closed then I can avoid making the same mistake before investing the time to create a large sales thread. More frustrating is having your sales prices locked in a thread where you can't change the information and people can see these sales prices if they do the research.

Moreover the threads I've had locked here were identical to the threads I ran on other forums and only the DNF threads get closed. When I'm trying my best to sell domains in a tough economic environment the last thing I need is to have to struggle with sales threads being closed and not knowing what the hell was wrong with it.

Bringing back the "reason" hack to explain what forum rules were violated would help domainers understand what was wrong with their sales post. If DNF plans to be as vigilant in enforcing forum rules for sales threads as they are currently it would be nice for them to let us know how to stay in compliance with these rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom