Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Microsoft Legal, let's chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can see that Microsoft legal has posted only one time since the introduction thread was closed. Some questions were asked that were never answered. Most importantly, what is your purpose here and what message is your username choice intended to convey.

We could leave you alone and treat you like any other member, but your not like any other member. When I go to the dog park I distinctly recognize the difference in danger between the Pit Bulls and the poodles. Your choice of usernames what meant to send a message...what is it? Are we to know that Microsoft has posted a security guard in the store to watch for shoplifting?

Funny thing is, I am in the minority. I am a big supporter of Microsoft and admire much of their executive group. I think Bill Gates is an exceptional human. I own not a single microsoft related domain. However, the idea that Adam has capitulated and allowed Corporations to post sentries in the forum to moniter activity...well that disturbs me greatly. Like some Local Governor in Poland turning over the rebels to keep the Nazi's from destroying the town. I simply cannot stop thinking about it and being very bothered by it. Your choice of username conveys a strong message. I can only come to one conclusion why you would chose to come on as "Microsoft Legal" instead of some less conspicuous name. So I am asking, Are you here to just intimidate and Moniter? Or do we have you all wrong?

Domain Days 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am also wondering where he has been all this time.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Aren't my questions obvious? I want to know if he is here to intimidate and act as a security guard? If so, I want to know why Adam would allow that?

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Aren't my questions obvious? I want to know if he is here to intimidate and act as a security guard? If so, I want to know why Adam would allow that?

the most stupid question i heard in the last cpl of months, what's your problem, let him just be..

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well it's been eating at me. I have lost so much respect for Adam and interest in this forum in the couple weeks since I read the thread. I figured better to speak out than to go away. Anyone who knows my post knows that I have conservative viewpoints. But having a Microsoft Legal rep here for now known purpose other than monitoring the actions of forum members...well even I'm not that conservative. I hope this doesn't turn into a dump on Adam thread. That wasn't my intention. I would have more respect for Adam though if Microsoft had snuck in under different identity.

the most stupid question i heard in the last cpl of months, what's your problem, let him just be..
OK Angel, you tell me. What would be the purpose of coming in under that name? What message are we supposed to receive from it?

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duckinla,

Be practical. You can't expect Adam to start banning members because of who they work for or what position they hold, especially when it is one in a world-respected company. Like it or not, regardless of his intentions, unless Microsoft Legal violates the forum rules he is welcome just like everyone else.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be practical. You can't expect Adam to start banning members because of who they work for or what position they hold, especially when it is one in a world-respected company. Like it or not, regardless of his intentions, unless Microsoft Legal violates the forum rules he is welcome just like everyone else.

Well that's a reasonable point and I'm rational enough to see both sides of it. I can also see the arguement that it's better to have them here officially than to have them come in under cover. I would guess that is Adam's rationale.

It's the intimidation factor that really bothers me. I don't have any reason to argue this issue accept that I have an allergic reaction to intimidation of all sorts. When someone shows up and basically says "we are microsoft legal and we are on this forum for the sole purpose of monitoring the activities of its members", I would hope that Adam would stand up and say "This is my forum, and these are my people. If your sole purpose here is to intimidate and monitor them, then you are neither appreciated or welcome here".

It's possible that I am missing something or assuming too much though.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can say the member is trying to intimidate anyone since he isn't posting at all.

Remember that people who do own Microsoft typos are the ones doing something "wrong". There is nothing wrong with Microsoft sending in someone to monitor our activity or even to intimidate us (if that indeed is his purpose). The domainers who own the domains are doing something against the rules, not Microsoft.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can say the member is trying to intimidate anyone since he isn't posting at all.

I agree if they had registered as user "Microsoft" he/she is just another user.

"Microsoft Legal" is intimidating when the dialogue is only going one way.

I hope they get more involved in discussions.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I view that as more intimidating. I would feel less intimidated if a dialogue were going on, hence my creation of this thread. Obviously it's the weekend and I don't expect a response anytime soon.
He's around though, you will find him viewing threads from time to time.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree if they had registered as user "Microsoft" he/she is just another user.

"Microsoft Legal" is intimidating when the dialogue is only going one way.

I hope they get more involved in discussions.

Probably because he is the Senior Attorney for Microsoft. I have personally talked with him. He is a nice guy. Do a little background on him and you'll find that he's headed lawsuits against "domainers" in the past. He has just as much right to be here as we do..I'm just glad I dumped all of my Microsoft TM's back in '03! :lol:

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably because he is the Senior Attorney for Microsoft. I have personally talked with him. He is a nice guy. Do a little background on him and you'll find that he's headed lawsuits against "domainers" in the past. He has just as much right to be here as we do..I'm just glad I dumped all of my Microsoft TM's back in '03!

Do you really feel that a person has right to be here regardless of their purpose? If the sole purpose here is to find members to bring lawsuits against, do you not find that objectionable? My expectations of this forum were different than that. It could be I was wrong.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you really feel that a person has right to be here regardless of their purpose? If the sole purpose here is to find members to bring lawsuits against, do you not find that objectionable? My expectations of this forum were different than that. It could be I was wrong.

I feel that anyone can join here. There is not a member screening process. I have not heard of Microsoft suing anyone from this forum that has listed TM'd names for sale. The lawsuits that his has lead were against 3 people who owned more than 300 Microsoft names.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know your position but I don't understand the rationale. Would you be against them suing a member here for dealing in Microsoft TM names? If so, wouldn't you be concerned if that possibility was in fact the only reason for being here?

If I had a forum for real estate owners or business owners, I would not allow a member whose sole purpose was to look for members who were commiting violations and possibly bring lawsuits against them.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If I had a forum for real estate owners or business owners, I would not allow a member whose sole purpose was to look for members who were commiting violations and possibly bring lawsuits against them.

Ducknila, now Microsoftlegal definitely wont miss looking at you :D :yield:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

If that's how he feeds his family...

The point is, it's the domainers who are breaking the rules, not Microsoft Legal.

...and if you do own Microsoft domains/typos, just don't post them on this PUBLIC community.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My expectations of this forum were different than that.

So you're asking those questions because they don't meet your expectations? If
they don't, then why are you here as well?

Just as you have the right to think Microsoft Legal is potentially up to no good,
s/he has the right not to reply to anyone if s/he doesn't feel like it.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah you only have to worry if you are mike rowe, for those that know your domain history ;)

Bill Gates can do whatever he wants to do, period end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom