Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Microsoft Legal, let's chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Angel, fear of intimidation is for peasants. I don't come from peasant stock. My grandfather left the safety of his home in America to return to Yugoslavia and smuggle supplies through Nazi lines. If I didn't speak out against intimidation, I wouldn't be worthy of his name. And I have nothing to hide from Microsoft.

Domain Days 2024

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As members of a forum you have to expect everything and anything you do to be scrutinized by not only your peers but the companies it affects..I'm not for or against typo's and domain squatters..they are a part of most domainers lives and almost every single one of us has been involved in that to some extent, hell..how do you think this whole thing started? Supply & demand..someone got someones company name first and then that person paid for it.and so on and so forth, things have come a long way since then and we know the price for such things nowadays...you have to choose your domains and business wisely if you want to make it in the long term. You esp. have to tread very carefully when you play with the big dogs like Microsoft..they have earned that distinction imo. Just my wooden nickel on the matter! :eek:k:

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you're asking those questions because they don't meet your expectations? If
they don't, then why are you here as well?

I'm coming to that question myself. It's Adams forum, and I have to respect his decisions on how to run it. I will have to make my decisions on being here based on his decisions of how to run it. It's more in line with my personality to voice my issues first rather than leave silently. I think that's only fair.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Intellectual property pirates are an ugly bunch of criminals.

Standing on the shoulders of giants is what these parasites do. What would result if everyone did the same? Granted, I would no longer need to invent my own wheel, and I could spend time on improving other peoples' wheels, or even focus on my own original inventions to benefit society, but where would that end?

It's an eternal shame and disgrace for the rule of law that Apple's suit against Microsoft for copying the "look and feel" of the Macintosh was unsuccessful.

Pirates - Hang 'em high...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah let's just start shooting each other! ...geez relax man :rolleyes:

I guess if Apple had the monopoly in the computer world then it would be ok right? Everyone deserves a piece of the pie dude...don't forget that.
Some people get just a bite and some people have their own entire pie!

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Typist was being sarcastic and just pointing out hypocracy. I don't myself have a problem with the business practices of Microsoft. I have a problem with intimidation.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would praise him for disclosing who he is (Microsoft Legal) and his real identity instead of lurking or trying to entrap people..don't you agree?
I would think this is waaaaaaaaay cooler than what alot of companies do.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Praise might be a strong word. But I would certainly be happy to engage in polite conversation. I would not engage in any of the Microsoft bashing that I saw in the introduction thread. That is not my issue.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so give him a call :)

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would praise him for disclosing who he is (Microsoft Legal) and his real identity instead of lurking or trying to entrap people..don't you agree?
I would think this is waaaaaaaaay cooler than what alot of companies do.

Agreed. My first thought when I saw Microsoftlegal in this forum is: If microsoft wants to spot typosquatters infringing on their TM, why the hell would they send someone with such an obvious username? That would only force microsoft TM name owners to seek other places to trade these names. From this viewpoint, I am wondering...what is the reason of him being here? Obviously he is not going to catch anyone with MS typos since everybody knows that MS is monitoring the forum.

My opinion is that he was invited here, as a part of DNF's new anti TM policy. The real intention behind MSLEGAL joining here was not to spot MS TM squatters, but more like an Adam's step towards reducing TM typo trading within the forum by intimidating the forum members.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, now lets say the next step is to offer a $100 bounty to anyone who turns in a member that holds microsoft tm's? There wouldnt be any reason to have a problem with that, would there?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please refer to the current social movement & statement "Stop Snitching" lol

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not everyone will understand the reference.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well it's been eating at me. I have lost so much respect for Adam and interest in this forum in the couple weeks since I read the thread. I figured better to speak out than to go away. Anyone who knows my post knows that I have conservative viewpoints. But having a Microsoft Legal rep here for now known purpose other than monitoring the actions of forum members...well even I'm not that conservative. I hope this doesn't turn into a dump on Adam thread. That wasn't my intention. I would have more respect for Adam though if Microsoft had snuck in under different identity.

This is the first I have seen this.

He signed up as member, regardless of his purpose he did this on his own accord. I don't ask every member why they signed up nor do I care. I just hope they get something valuable from the forum.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but more like an Adam's step towards reducing TM typo trading within the forum by intimidating the forum members.

Again, he signed up on his own.

I did not ask anyone to come and police the forum, despite popular opinion.

I welcome him here like all other members.

People read way too much into everything, this is not the Kennedy bullet.

-=DCG=-

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is not the Kennedy bullet

Adam, you just have a way with words...we gotta do brunch sometime :eek:k:

Next thing you know we will have a Jimmy Hoffa here on DNF..lol

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I welcome him here like all other members.

People read way too much into everything, this is not the Kennedy bullet.

-=DCG=-
LOL:lol:
So true!
At the end of the day DCG is gonna treat everyone the same & welcome people to his forum, who wouldn't in his position.
I also would never have any reason to disbelieve him.
However.......LOL
My take on it is whether he is from Microsoft or not, he has got up my nose & others just by using the term 'legal' in the name. A bit of 'look at me', or 'beware' if you like.
Frankly it doesn't affect me as i own literally two typos & they're countries & no tms.
Let's not give the bloke any mileage. To be fair he hasn't done much wrong anyway apart from choosing a soppy name.
Next some dick will be calling himself 'Predator' :wacko:
Pred ;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah...or calling themselves "Mocus Legal" for that matter..(and for those of you that own Mocus infringing domains, ie; 3 letters and valuable .com generics, be ready to give them to me or face WIPO action!) Simply PM me to transfer them over, thx! :)

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't think you invited them here Adam, but I'm surprised you don't care why they're here. You're forum has been co-opted by an outside force. Someone other than just you is now sending a message of what can and can't go on here in the forum. You may agree with the message this time. You may not agree with it next time.

The typosquatters are our "undesireables" just like Jews and gays and gypsies were in Nazi Germany. You shouldn't let someone come in here and search for them. Even if no posts one new TM name, this forum contains a lot of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom